Eat for 8 months at a deficit

>eat for 8 months at a deficit
>gain weight
I am tired people saying "calories in calories out" it is literally not true. I'm starting to wonder why most (((medical professionals))) support it.

then you arent counting your food right

or, in another very rare scenario, you have somehow managed to put on muscle while in a deficit, accomplishing the feat of building muscle and losing fat at a rate so fast that you were heavier than when you started.

Second one is a sign of 'roids, so you need to count your food.

The final plausible scenario would be hypothyroidism. Look it up. You should neck yourself if you have it

>(((medical professionals)))

That is basic physics you idiot

>weight
could it have been muscle mass, or are you 100% fat?

I doubt it. I did strictly cardio

Wrong counting then.

The obvious question is how many calories do you think you used each day, and how many did you eat each day?

I use 2000 and eat 1600. I weigh all of my food and count calories using myfitnesspal. So no, it isn't counting.

Could it be... that you are lying?

>why do medical professionals support a simple and working method for the general populace...
>why am i fat.
>this didnt work for me so i have my doubts

listen here you fat shit. weight loss is not as simple as calories in calories out. However the explanation summarizes alot of biological systems into a laymen's method of weight loss.

Weight gain/loss is only secondary to the changes in hormones and resource management inside the body. Unlike your fat addled mind, the human body is determined to keep you at a basal state and not stray from what its used to.

If you really wonder about this shit, why not just read a fucking biochemistry textbook and gain a bare understanding of how things work?

The medical community as a whole supports the actual equation: input = usage + storage + excretion.

Assuming you're putting on fat and not muscle, that means your input is down but your storage is up, which most likely means that your actual calories used must be through the floor.

For your sake, I hope you're either bad at math or you haven't really been putting in enough effort in calorie tracking. If you are taking it seriously, get over yourself and go to a doctor: something on you ain't workin' right.

>physics
It's thermodynamics you perfidious philistine

>weight loss isnt as simple as cals in cals out

no, fucktard, it really is that simple. The tricky part is actually knowing how much you burn and how much you consume

>gain weight
Then you weren't eating at a deficit.

>using myfitnesspal
is a piece of inconsistent shit. look around else where online for nutrition facts. MFP is often wrong or simple bugs out and tells you incorrect nutrition facts. Many times I have seen it give me different amounts for the same food and weight, refresh after refresh. It's not to be trusted at all.
>type in 300g of boneless skinless chicken breast
>comes out saying it was 30,401 calories and 5,825 proteins
yea sure

*takes two massive rounded ladlefulls of brown rice and records it as 2 cups*
Eben if you were actually recording everything accurately the most logical thing to do would be to decrease your daily caloric intake by 100 kcal to offset what's clearly an error by your part in either recording food or estimating TDEE

>it's literally not true

Then dont eat or drink anything for a week and tell me you dont lose weight

>he doesn't check the back of the package or check online to verify MFP serving calories match up

I do, that's how I know MFP is trash.
Isn't MFP facts added by random people, like a wiki article? That's the only reason I can think of why such a major website and app is consistently wrong even though when you google nutrition facts the link right above it and below it say the same thing and MFP differs from that. It's even worse when it has a certain brand of a particular food and it's still wrong. Like how do you fuck that up? Just copy paste what the label says.
>100g of peas comes out to 100,186 calories and 4 proteins
don't fucking think so MFP

Is thermodynamics not a subset of physics?

Dude, be careful where you post this shit, the illuminati hunts people like you who can twist the laws of conservation of mass and uses you as a cell in their human battery which they use to power their machinations.

ITT Op uses an online calorie calculator to guess his calories per day.

You should have taken that number, tracked it for 2 weeks to a month. If no change then adjust until there is a change. Once you find calories where your body dropped weight BAM that's your new new number.

Everything that exists could be defined as a subset of physics so that's irrelevant. Might as well do away with engineering as a term since it's all just applied physics.