Deadlifts

I keep seeing people doing deadlifts and not putting the bar back on the floor after every rep, am I doing it wrong or is there no difference?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DKpa7FXo8Ew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they are doing it wrong
missing out on half the rep, and arguably the hardest part of it
is it still a pushup if after you raise yourself up, you just let go and allow yourself to flop to the floor via gravity?
not really

you lift things UP and DOWN. always.

Yeah I thought so, some of the dudes I've seen doing it are by no means amateurs, assumed they were onto something I didn't know.

>hardest part of it
are you fucking retarded?

>Arguably
are you retarded?
if you actually put it down right, as in fully controlled and do it in 2 full seconds instead of letting gravity do all the work in slamming it down, it is very fucking hard.
I'd like to see you slowly put down 350+ pounds without rounding your back

they're romanian so they never put stuff down on the ground in fear of it getting stolen by gypsies

You are so fucking stupid

k. enjoy your weak back and half reps pusseboi

I didn't say to drop the weight you absolute fucking simpleton. Fuck me you're a dumb cunt you don't even know what we're arguing about

no it's easier to put down a deadlift than to pull it up

everyone i've lifted with can hold their back position while putting it down if they actually train this way, it's only hard if you always let go at the top

old vid of me with 595 back rounds on the way up but it's straighter on the way down

Not putting it back on the ground will target the muscles in the mid-end range of the lift. Nothing wrong with that, just don't only do that otherwise you'll be weak off the floor.

kek

Not OP but I had a question about deadlifts. So I have been not lifting for awhile because of finishing up university degree and have been slowly getting back into lifting. I'm at a PR for deadlifts at 1x4 for 385 lbs at 210 bodyweight. I always struggle locking out on the last one or two and have to end up dropping the weight. Any exercises to help with this? Also my feet seem to start pointing out once I try locking out heavier weights. Will this fuck me up?

damn seeing a homie pick up that much shit with a rounded back makes me cringe. I'll be praying to the Veeky Forums gods that you continue to avoid snap city m8.

on the other hand, congratulations on such an impressive deadlift

> you don't even know what we're arguing about

NO U

but if they dun put it down where does it go

It's called a fucking deadlift, as in: liftig dead weight from the floor. They're doing it wrong.

what Manga is this?

Danberu nan kiro moteru

Arigatōgozaimasu

Is what you're seeing maybe a stiff-legged deadlift and not normal deadlift?

Not sure what you mean by this, OP. Do they do a deadlift, then not put it all the way back on the floor, just letting it down to their shins before lifting again, or do you mean they just drop it? If it's the first one, it is possible that it's targeted training, OP. If they're weaker on lockout than on the pull from the floor then this might be they're method of practicing the lockout without worrying about fatigue from the pull from the floor. If it's the second one, it's possible their training goals are powerlifting, they're just intending to move the most weight possible, get the lockout, and then not worry about the comedown.

Hime a best. A BEST.

wrong. it's not even meant to be a deadlift, look up what romanian deadlifts are

allows less weight to be used and hits posterior chain nicely. Some Weightlifters prefer romanian deadlifts over conventional deadlifts (which they dont do at all) as they're also less taxing on the CNS
youtube.com/watch?v=DKpa7FXo8Ew

Romanian deadlift is a legitimate deadlift exercise also performed by several world class lifters.

Besides that I prefer them to normal deadlifts. For example: my max in deadlifts is 190, I train with 170, if I'm doing normal deadlifts, I can't get more than 5 reps until I can't do one lift any more, with the romanian one I can perform 8 reps and be still able to do other exercises after the big one.

Theyre probably doing Romanian deadlifts to target their hamstrings and glutes my man

>I'd like to see you slowly put down 350+ pounds without rounding your back
Just how weak are you senpai? 350 is literal babbyweight