Red pill me on eggs. Are they a meme protein?

Red pill me on eggs. Are they a meme protein?

Other urls found in this thread:

almonds.com/blog/announcements/almonds-are-now-“healthy”-according-fda
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How the fuck could a staple food around the world for centuries be a 'meme protein'?

Fuck off

/thread

Someone else will be better equipped to fill you in on the chemistry but in my own experience on days when I have a few egg whites first thing in the morning I have a much easier time controlling what I eat later in the day and have decent energy even when eaten without a carb

>70 calories each
>6 grams of protein
>taste kinda bland so anything added takes over
I enjoy them hardboiled best. just add a little salt and they become tasty as fuck and easy to eat so long as they aren't over cooked and have the texture of saw dust when chewing.
scrambled eggs are trash, taste like vomit unless something is added.

Where do you put yolks, flushing them down the toilet?

>Red pill me on eggs

fuck off

I'm a fraud, I usually use the liquid egg whites you buy in a carton. When I've used real egg whites in the past I've used the yolks for omelettes for other people

They're fucking great. On a bulk I'll eat at least half a dozen for breakfast.

How bad are yolks really? Get increasingly confused the more I hear of cholesterol.

My understanding is that they're bad if you already have a cholesterol problem or at risk of developing one.

Some people have a genetic predisposition that causes eating eggs to make their cholesterol shoot through the roof.

Not everyone has this predisposition and it's basically the cause of the whole argument over the past ~30 years of whether or not eggs are good or bad for you.

For some people they are, for others they aren't.

>scrambled eggs
>mashed up avocado
>add some salt

its a Veeky Forums recipe and actually good

Yeah this. You'd still get some benefits from lowering cholesterol levels but it doesn't make a big difference and you would have to cut eggs, many meats and many dairy products.

yolks are not bad.

Yes they are shit for brains, look at where your research is funded from, often times the person that's telling you it's healthy is directly profiting from it. (Can you blame them)

Wrong 100%

they're 4 grams of protein each relatively low fat, quick and easy to cook and taste pretty damn good

best part is you can get 12 for a dollar and they last forever in the fridge

but if you're eating 4+ eggs everyday get ready for some rancid hot farts

kys

appeal to tradition/popularity

They are great but if your going to use them for anything other than just eating (i.e. protein for bodybuilding) then get rid of the yolk:
The yolk contains all of the fat that is stored within the egg and basically no protein compared to the egg white, the yolk also has 180mg of cholesterol so you can't have more than 2 eggs a day with yolk in them (300mg is the daily amount) but guess what? if you remove the yolk - you can have as many as you want, no fat - all protein and only 17 calories in a large egg, seriously OP ditch the yolk, just because "It's tasty" doesn't mean that it won't give you clogged arteries and make you fat.

Dietary cholesterol is different to blood cholesterol

And there's a clear connection that heavily depends on baseline serum cholesterol (and some people who are sensitive/resistent).

Still better to ditch the yolk

yea just ditch all them good fats and vitamins. literally kys

>fat makes you fat, cholesterol causes heart disease
>1970s understanding of nutrition science
Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?

If you're living with your mom or gf or have a spare time just use yolks to make some cookies.

>Eating eggs for protein
>caring about healthy fats and vitamins

1.21 gigacalories!

The point wasn't that fat makes you fat, it was that yolk had all of the fat and only a tiny amount of the protein, the fact that they have all of the fat means that they have more calories than the egg white leading them to make you fat if you gorge yourself on 10 dozen eggs a day.
There is literally no benefit to yolk unless your a taste fag and in that case your never gonna make it.

I'm against eggs but you do realise the yolk contains basically all of the nutrition right? If you only care about dem protons go buy the cheapest whey you can find.

Found the vegan

>fat makes you fat

you are retarded

>t. butthurt fatty

There is literally nothing wrong with eating the yolk. On the contrary, you're doing yourself a disservice by not eating it.

>The yolk contains all of the fat that is stored within the egg and basically no protein compared to the egg white
Throwing away the yolk is a fucking waste of food. If you're going to do that you might as well just chug a bunch of protein powder instead.

who said I threw it away?
I feed that shit to my dog
also
>caring about wasting food
>living in a first world country.

Literally the most non-meme protein source you can find on this goddamn planet.
It's the perfect food.

Why is it officially restricted to label them "healthy" though?

where the fuck do you live? eggs are good for you end of story

Eggs are less than 1/3 protein for calories so shouldn't even be considered a "protein source".

Are you illiterate? I'll repeat the question:

Why is it officially restricted to label them "healthy" though?

>food eaten globally in nearly every culture
>popularity
Fucking can't stand kids who pretend to be smart my god kys.

you must be retarded. where do you live? its not fucking officially restricted to label eggs as healthy anywhere that i know of.

Thank's Dr Goldstein!

US and Europe to name 2 continents.

The next time you walk into a supermarket look out for it, you will never find a box of eggs with the word "healthy" on it.

wew lad

>fda
Federal Digestive Association?

And now an actual product and not some infograph please.

because everyone is becoming walking/non-walking fats. Fat idiots have to be told that they can't just eat eggs, because the saturated fat content is too high.

Take a fucking multivitamin.

Who could possibly want to outlaw regular foods from having a healthy label in favor of processed sweets with higher profit margins having that label?

Note that healthy foods are mostly imported while snack shit can be made out of chemicals and chalk inside the country

JESUS ITS LIKE MUSTARD GAS.

I've actually lost friends over my 8 egg a day farts before. All it takes is a ten minute car ride and by the end of it those other three people will never want to see you again.

As long as you eat 5 or fewer a week you are fine. Too much fat and cholesterol otherwise.

>everything that isnt written by a homeopathic hippy is a conspiracy

>I'm against eggs

The fuck did they do to you? also many different animals lay eggs, do you hate snake eggs too? what about ostrich eggs?

#notalleggs

He's right though. It's an invalid argument. Back up your claims.

Tard

There's a genetic component to dietary cholesterol response but it likely isn't a small number of people who respond badly to it. Studies funded by the egg industry that report "hyper-responders" usually have a study design that sets this specific outcome up.

>sugary food can be labeled as healthy

Show some examples with labels on boxes.

I know nuts are allowed to carry the claim that they're good for heart health, not sure about avocado and salmon since they don't come in boxes but they're definitely foods encouraged by the USDA.

And the only way you will find out if you are in the population that it mates for is to develop some life threatening condition, so why risk it

The opinion of the government (aka laws) are completely irrelevant and often moronic.

Daddy government doesn't know a damn of what's good for you, don't be a sheep.

Sheeeepleee.

I am allergic to eggs, I fucking hate it

Only if they fit the definition

>Currently, the FDA mandates that the term healthy only be used as a nutrient content claim to describe foods that contain 3g or less total fat and 1g or less of saturated fat per serving, with the exception of fish and meat, which are required by the regulation to have 5g or less total fat and 2g or less saturated fat per serving. Today’s regulations preclude nutrient-rich foods such as nuts, avocados, olives and salmon from using the term healthy as a nutrient content claim.

they are great with american cheese mixed with them

Obviously that's not the case since nuts can and do carry the heart healthy label

buy egg whites.
2 cups is 250 calories, 50g of protein and virtually zero carbs and fat.

why don't people eat yolks?

Only thanks to very recent lobbying to change the definition

almonds.com/blog/announcements/almonds-are-now-“healthy”-according-fda

Yolks = Fat
And you can get fat anywhere.

I eat 12-18 eggs a day. I have never had bad farts from them.

egg yolks contain leucine, vitamins a, b, d, e, and k, omega 3 fatty acids, zinc, phosphorous, choline, manganese, copper, calcium, iron, and thiamine

if you are cutting out egg yolks good luck finding all of those in separate foods on a cut

It's confusing because a lot of people like eggs, especially on this board. They're tasty, cheap, easy to cook sources of protein that are iconic in the world of bodybuilding. People want to like eggs, so they assume that eggs are a healthy food and will defend them as such. Add in that over 90% of research on the effects of dietary cholesterol are funded by the egg industry and designed to reach a pro-egg conclusion, people can easily find research that appears to reinforce the belief that eggs are either harmless or beneficial.

A more qualitative analysis of the research suggests that eggs are most likely not a good food to regularly eat, especially in large amounts in an attempt to hit your protein macros.

Every food has nutrients. Egg yolks are a good source of like 2 things, everything else it has in trace amounts.

It does.

>Every food has nutrients. Egg yolks are a good source of like 2 things, everything else it has in trace amounts.

k senpai
have fun being dyel forever

>looked it up himself
>"oh shit, he's right"
>".... yeah well, whatever dyel..."

Fucking Big Egg.

>omega 3 fatty acids
70mg per 100 grams, with over a gram of omega 6s and 3g of saturated fat.
Meanwhile tuna 280mg omega 3, 9mg omega 6, 0.2g saturated fat, with less calories and twice as much protein.

But it HAS it, that's what COUNTS, right? Doesn't it get a participation ribbon?

>tfw have scrambled eggs 1-3 times a day
>2 yolks + 10-15 egg whites

Best of both worlds. Gets me 30g-40g of protein (depending on whether it's a carb day or not) and 10g-12g of fat.

At first I thought your farts killed your friends

>Not mentioning all the essential vitamins

Read before you preach, faggot.

Which you can also get anywhere

Fpbp, also digits confirm.

I ate 4-6 eggs every morning for months and my LCL and triclycerides DECREASED.
Anti-eggs is a meme. Eat as many as you want. Great source of protein.

>all the people eating their eggs anything other than over easy

"Hurr it's okay cuz everyone does it"
Sure, when people farmed their own shit eggs were necessary for having enough energy on a daily basis, but you buy your shit from a grocery store.

BTFO
T
F
O

don't forget all the mercury too.

Those are literally the best lookin eggs I've ever seen. How do I scramble eggs with this kind of expertise?

it's unprocessed, "real" food that contains a quality, high bioavailability protein and a plethora of nutrients necessary to create life and it tastes good

it's in the same tier as raw vegetables, fruit, unprocessed meats/poultry/fish. it's pure unadulterated food, just eat it faggot

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature

Most "unprocessed", "pure", and "unadulterated" things are toxic.

>can't eat raw eggs without getting a tummy ache
>can't even eat them fried without getting a tummy ache

i bet you cooked that steak all the way through as well, you stupid cocksucker

>appeal to nature
>implying unprocessed/pure/unadulterated are synonymous with natural
>implying the entire argument was premised solely on the naturalness of eggs