/plg/

Welcome to /PLG/ - Powerlifting General.

Primarily for the purpose of being a better shitposter on the platform.

Post PRs, routines, form checks, meet results, etc

>pastebin
pastebin.com/sNJAvbZ8

>dropbox
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1

>dropbox mirror
www.powerliftinggeneral.com
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

previous thread
Mike T edition

Other urls found in this thread:

coffeesgym.wordpress.com/2013/06/22/the-low-bar-squat-is-not-an-exercise/
youtu.be/oH77u9t4HFs
youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8xx1ruDug
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How does this make you feel PLG?

coffeesgym.wordpress.com/2013/06/22/the-low-bar-squat-is-not-an-exercise/

Posted this in another thread but I was looking for /PLG/ before I posted it and couldn't find:

Not OP but I had a question about deadlifts. So I have been not lifting for awhile because of finishing up university degree and have been slowly getting back into lifting. I'm at a PR for deadlifts at 1x4 for 385 lbs at 210 bodyweight. I always struggle locking out on the last one or two and have to end up dropping the weight. Any exercises to help with this? Also my feet seem to start pointing out once I try locking out heavier weights. Will this fuck me up?

post a form video, my guess would be that your back position is compromised in the last reps.

kk I will do next time. What do you mean by that? That I don't start out standing straight up enough and I'm trying to basically good morning my deadlift or something? I feel like I'm not keeping it as tight to my body as I could maybe? I know I'm scrapping the hell out of my shins and thighs though.

Makes me want to drink milk

Make me feel like I've got a better squat than he does.

deadlift partial, rackpull above or lightly below knee

I mean that your back is probably rounding when you pull it of the floor

My lower back or upper back? I tweaked my back and strained it when I very first started lifting a long time ago. I feel like it wouldn't be lower back and I thought some upper rounding was fine?
Basically just locking out on top of the thigh high racks?

Lower back, but neither should round.
Just post a video next time

Sounds good. If it is my lower back is it just because it is weaker and trying to compensate? Were all previous deadlifts I've done for nothing and I will have to drop down significantly or can I just throw in assistance exercises? And drop the weight down until I can for sure do all 5 reps?

Bench didn't feel horrible for the first time in forever, 5th set of 8 at 85kg.

Doing a somewhat modified candito 6 week, need to just stick to a program instead of hopping every month...

is this bait?

Why would it be?

Not him but I am guessing your range of motion. Your don't go all the way down and touch your nipples. (I think SS even says you should be going down to nips?)

The angle is deceptive but the bar makes contact with my chest

After closely watching I see what you mean now. I don't know why other poster thought it was bait then. Only other advice I could give is maybe arch more since it seems your back is completely flat on bench? I can't tell from video because of your shirt if you possibly are arching it a bit though?

I am arching a bit but nothing ridiculous, i find it hard to get any decent arch going on shitty gym benches.

Enjoy those shitty benches m80. I got a home gym and if I put my bar mounts on the inside of the power rack for solo bench press it's a pain to unrack and rack the bar with how my mats and garage are setup. I probably waste a ton of energy just taking bar out and trying not to hit the mounts with how far forward the mounts stick out.

Have you seen what Garrett Blevins has in his home gym, looks really comfy for bench pressing.

Maybe it's just the shirt, but you don't look like you're getting ANY arch. And it might just be the camera angle, but it doesn't look like you fully lock out on every rep.

40/30/160

1100 kcal. Rate breakfast

I will need up cottage cheese to 2 packages so it will be 60/30/160

How many working sets of deadlifts should I do?

Currently do 3

but depending how heavy I go on my first set I can sap all my strength from my last 2 sets.

run an actual program you mong

no

might as well do no working sets then

Can't say anything for sure without seeing you lift.
Deload is the safest option, since you make strain your erectors

What are you doing in plg then?

I thought this was where people who actually lifted on Veeky Forums congregate

You thought wrong motherfucker

Its boring and nothing special
Those macros are so easy to get with actual nice food if you learn to cook

This where people who powerlift congragate.
Now go back to your flavour of the month bodybuilding.com split or join the dark side and build some momentum.

>Is the Norwegian Volume 4 Days routine meant for equipped lifters?
Not that I know of. For the record, all the Dietmars in the Drive are for both equipped and raw lifters.

Sup lads, finally hit a 7.5pl8 diddly

youtu.be/oH77u9t4HFs

Didn't get this question answered last time, but if I'm currently on 531 and wanted to max out again before switching programs, would I deload after this test if it was on my 1+ week and try for more since I was in a fatigued state?

Currently deloading anyway, but was wondering if it'd be wise to max again and go for more after this deload

Why do you want to max again?

Because I did it at the tail end of my 531 cycle without a taper, and fatigued af, so my line of thinking is that if I deload, that I think i might be able to lift more basically

Damn nice, man.
This is a peaking plan he wrote in Beyond 5/3/1 (PTW posted it in the program review series).
I'd say you just did week 9 (110% x1), so ideally you don't deload yet, butbut.
>wise
I don't know. Learn from it and please don't fuck yourself up.

Well shit, I guess I'll do this next time round that I do 531
I probably should have taken some preparation before maxing, since I just did it randomly cause I felt good, will max out next week and post results, hopefully I don't die

smesh it lad

Will do senpai

Load Drop 5% Fatigue
That's how many sets.

Can someone tell me why rows are needed rather than just doing vertical pulls?

I haven't done rows in 6 months and my rear delts got severaly under developed as well as my middle back.

Just my 2 cents. I row now.

Noob question but if I'm benching twice a week (Mon, Fri) and adding 5lbs each time, would benching 3x week trying to LP each time work faster or make me just overreach and it's worse? (I don't care about my OHP)

Well you definitely need them as an equipped lifter.
But if rows are too troublesome or tiring to be lifting something heady after the other lifts then just do some facepulls and stick with your vertical pulls.

Personally I enjoy pendlay row doubles/triples.

good form user

If he's too tired to do rows, then he's too tired to power lift

How to stop hamstring cramping on heavy bench reps?

pls respond 3x5 bench 3x/week adding weight each time good for faster progress or will it fuck my progress?

You trying to add weight 3x a week? Probably not going to happen.

why try if all of my opponents are on gear

You'll stall fast.

Mineral supplement, especially at a meet. I like to put an emergenC packet or 2 in my preworkout. I've seen guys eat mustard also.

That's not how gear works.

There it is.

Circumference 50cm. Fifty-fucking-centimeters.

Does someone here really think that they could do shit to me in an actual street altercation? Do you think you'd have the guts to open your mouth, or even to look anywhere but into the tips of your shoes when I grab your gf's ass and make a double flex? Yea right. You pencil necks will be there quietly sitting down swallowing your anger with your lower lip shaking. Me, on the other hand, I will do as I will. This is guaranteed by these arms with which I effortlessy move 45kg weights in the scott-bicep bench. They guarantee me the strength and the power you never could even imagine of.

Well, now you know where you stand you little rats :) I had to stop by and tell you how things work in the real life as many of you pretend to be tough and troll around in here. If you might bump into me at a bar, you'd better lay low and back the fuck up, even if I coped a feel with your lady without asking your permission. But don't worry, she'd love to have a real man for once ;)

U mad? It's ok. I am enjoying my life

thanks lads guess I'll just stick to lighter CGBP on my middle day

Well your problem isn't bening 3x5 3 times a week, it's trying to add weight 3 times a week

Yeah how does it work then genius

Take dbol and test e-build muscle much easier, handle higher workloads and stay leaner

switch to tbol and test prop early to comp and use esterless test or something during and very near comp(like 10 days out or something)

thats not how it works?

I keep straining my lats under armpit when I do seated OHP without a back support. Why?

So I tried a TM style programming for weighted chins and I kept stalling. Dont think it works maybe im not an intermediate anymore when it comes to these

bw= 87kg + 40kg added for 5 been stuck for 3 weeks

Gonna try greg nuckols 2x bench int for these next. Will report back in 4 weeks

nice baby cep dino LOL

What would you fags do if you snapped your back and had to take a few months off?

Just take the opportunity to get leaner?

youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8xx1ruDug

it snot your lats its the muscle that goes around your ripcage

I'd be too worried about atrophy, especially with my posterior chain if I just got leaner and didn't really do much else.

I guess you could still do a lot of stuff like chest support rows, chinups, floor press etc that wont tax your back at all tho

I'd still be worried about cutting while injured, and it may make the recovery process take longer. I'd honestly eat at maintenance and try to work around the injury as best I could.

Yeah I guess :( maybe a tiny deficit and more walking for cardio then for me

well I did so too 3 months back and I tried to train through and now its worse def wouldnt recommend doing that

>bulked up to 100kg
>sweat after doing anything
>sweat after putting on knee sleeves
>sweat more after warm-ups
>sweat profusely during working sets
>sweat so much I had to buy a sweat band for my head because sweat would get in my eyes at the bottom of a squat
Fuck this, man

ok I said I wasn't going to worry about losing fat until SS was over

now SS is suddenly over but you can't cut on TM either

wat do, stay huge forever? stop and cut then start up again? I want more stronkth but my bf% is real high :(

If I squat 3/5/1 with jokers and FSL, can I still do squat assistance on my diddly day? Maybe not a full BBB but 3x10 or lighter 3x5 pause or something?

Yes.

You can do whatever you want to do

They're just weights laying around so pick them up how you want to

If your body fat is over 25% then yes you need to stop and cut. That doesn't mean you need to stop lifting. You just might not make a ton of progress on your lifts period

Get your ass off the couch and do some cardio on the days in between your lifting sessions. It will do your body fat, your cardio vascular health, and probably even your lifts some good.

After you've gotten below 20% then feel free eat at maintenance or a very slight Surplus to continue increasing your lifting numbers

ok, how to program post-novice lifting to hold onto some gainz while cutting? just take TM real slow or would something else work better?

fake natties pls leave

Do whatever program you want. 5/3/1 is good because that's low volume for cutting depending on what version you're running.

The reason why doesn't matter is that you can run whatever program you want but you may have to underestimate your working one rep maximum, and you may not make much progress.

So on Texas Method you might not put weight on the bar every week

Is there a raw classification chart for Sheiko?

I remember seeing one long ago, probably on the sheiko forum? Make sure you have the right chart though because there's raw and equipped versions

I've never done TM before and I'm gonna use it to get my strength back up after an extended hiatus.

I was wondering if there is literally any reason whatsoever to do sets of 5 instead of triples, doubles etc.

Sets of 5 are better for volume day. For powerlifting purposes, a couple doubles or 3-5 singles is a better option for intensity day than 5RMs.

I do 5 singles on squat and bench, and then 3 on deadlift for intensity day.

But why couldn't I do sets of 3 or 2 on volume day? I'd rather do more and heavier sets rather than more reps. I really, really hate higher rep training.

5 reps is not even that high cmon lad. I understand hating high rep, but even I don't consider anyhthing below 8 reps high rep.

Feel free to try it on your own then

Chances are it'll work for a couple weeks. Then you'll probably start to feel fatigued and overly tired, and your joints may begin to ache

Why doesn't a powerlifter just train with singles at 90% and above? There is some common sense to this simple hobby if you put your brain to it

I really don't know why I am this way, adding extra rep just kills me in a way that adding more sets or heavier weight doesn't do.

Like I barely feel fatigued at all running Sheiko or equivalent, but I tried some project mementum and could barely even get through a workout.

Are you fat by any chance? Or never did any cardio?

How accurate do you think 1rm calculators are?

Bench 1rm prediction puts me at 127.5kg, from hitting 110kg for 5 reps how realistic do you think this is? Last time I tried a max I hit 120kg but failed any higher.

I was fat, but I did cardio and I wasn't super horrible at it.

Though I have never been particularly good at endurance anything.
Depends on how good you are at reps vs maxing Tbh

my max bench for example was 145kg, but I doubt I could have benched 110kg for 5.

It's either a severe lack of willpower or you might just be pure fast-twitch.

My bet is on the willpower and lack of conditioning.

Yes I think you are right, though that leaves the question of whether I should do lower reps and regain strength faster or do higher reps and attempt to improve conditioning?

I am for sure fast twitch dominant though, I cannot grind at all and have never been good at endurance, even as a child.

>rips programs turns people into t-rexes
>"yeah, low bar squats do nothing for quad strength or development"
Is this geezer having a giggle?

This one?

What are you height, weight, and lifts?

Well now I stopped training for a long time and lost lots of weight so I can only lift around 50% for 5 as far as I know

my "best" was 605kg at 122kg/190cm.

Oh a fat Norman Khan is leaking out of my butthole.

Must be the anxiety of the upcoming Father's Day.

I miss raffy :^(

What routines do you do once you are struggling to gain on intermediate routines?

What are your lifts?

My upper body lifts have slowed right down, im hoping to hit a PR at end of this training cycle because last time i failed to increase it. Doing C6W.