New QTDDTOT

Current one hit bump limit edition

Is squatting 90kg × 15 and benching 75kg x 17 impressive? It's my current goal and I'm not sure if thats doable or not really.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25028999
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can do those lifts. Is it impressive? Probably not because my BF% is over 20

Forgot to mention but I need to be able to do all this while maintaining my 8 minute 1.5 mile and 32 minute 5 mile.

>x 17
Explain

Here is my program

A
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x3
Weighted Pull-up 5x3
Barbell Row 5x5

B
Deadlift 1x5
OHP 5x3
Weighted Chin-up 5x3
Supported Row 5x5

ABABABx

Now my problem is that I think I included too much back work, after hurting it doing OHP's yesterday
What do you guys suggest, what tweaks should I add?

Way too much volume. Are you lightweight?
Throw in Squats in B and do AxBxA

I want to start doing weighted dips and pull ups.. what kinda belt would do I need?
Is it actually the same belt one would use for squats and DL or is it a completelly different type of belt?

>full body 6x per week

baka desu senpai

Does the why matter user? It's more if it's possible/doable within a year withat strength training 3 days a week

Different belt. Called a dip belt. Has a chain that you thread weight plates through

Yes because x 17 is not strength training.
Where did you get those reps?
I'm not trying to be snide I want to discuss

But that's the whole point, I want more volume
And most major muscles such as pecs quads and back get 1 day of rest
But upper back has too much volume, that's correct, and I want to correct it

It's a requirement to move up a league where I am.

Is it possible?

Deadlifts and squats both hit your legs, you'll burn out pretty quickly

pecs quads and *lower back

>gym has many locations
>do ohp at one
>use machine because my left shoulder doesn't like ohp at all unless i have absolutely perfect form
>hit 100lb ohp for first time
>do it at other location the next day i ohp
>can only do 60
>next day do facepulls at different location
>go from 50lbs to 100lbs on different cable machine

what the fuck is this shit

>17x
Enjoy t-rex mode desu

Can you elaborate? What kind of league requires 17 reps? I'd advise doing regular x5 and then dips x20 to train for that type of longer sets but I'd like to hear other's opinions as well

>WATCH YOUR FUCKING BACK MAN

So I tried doing le split and on my upper body day I think I burned out my forearms particularly from chinups among other things. The next day I couldn't deadlift for shit as a result of tired forearms. How do I go about getting around this?

If you can do this programm you simply don't use enough weight to challenge your muscle enough
You won't progress faster that way

We have certain requirements before they consider you for positions, I don't know why they set them that why but that's the way it is.

Can I do this and still be fast?

Where do you have such odd requirements?

>Can I do this and still be fast?
Well ya. Read the SS book or something else on adaption. If you train with low reps heavy weights your body builds strength if you do low weights heavy reps your body trains to support the muscles with oxygen etc.
I stand by my advice x5 bench and then x20 dips

Probably SF desu

?

Is doing basic bodyweight exercises like pic related enough to stall Muscle atrophy when going /out/ for a long time (say, two months)?

>biceps leg curls
Is this bait to get people to break their knees? What the fuck

Is a lower/upper split better than ppl for natty gains?

Special forces. They tend to have weird requirements so they're adapted to the task they take on. Having a respectable strength and insane cardio requirements means user is probably going to try for it.

But then he wouldn't ask if it's doable since everybody else in the team would have done it.
More likely a self choosen prep goal for sf. And a subperfect one I'd say

I'm not inside his head desu, but this is fit, hes probably 300lbs. What would your goals be for sf?

What are your current PRs?

>go from 50lbs to 100lbs on different cable machine
Sounds like 1 vs 2 pulleys on those machines which effectively halves the force needed, although the weight markings usually take this into account.

The range and good eyesight.
A regular strength routine with brutal cardio on "rest days"
Afaik boot camp is just to weed out the pussies so good strength endurance and willpower are the more important traits.
But that's just a guess. Look online for the requirements to go to boot camp or ask in the recruitement office. Pretty sure they are prepared for such questions.

Something similar happened to me
>workout bro is sick so I fo alone
>use chest press because no spotter
>go to another gym, same thing happens
>chest press 30 pounds less

I think the rig wieghs more at other gyms, further proving free weights are king

What stats are required to be no longer considered DYEL?

could Veeky Forums recommend a nice workout/progress tracker similar to thesquatrack.com please. Something with pretty graphs to look at. Or teach me how to make one on Excel :))

1/2/3/4

>use chest press because no spotter

>teach me how to make one on Excel
Literally just make a table with headings for each exercise and log your weight each workout.

Graphing is pretty straightforward.

i have had a torn ACL for 3 years and im still unable to get surgery. every once in a while i will move it wrong and it will be swollen for 3-4 days and i will not be able to walk properly. would it be OK to gym since i only do upper body workouts that are seated / lying down?

thing is user, I know how to make graphs but I don't what to track? if that makes sense. Do I track my estimated one-rep for each compound lift? What do i actually need track if my goal is to just get stronger on my compound lifts?

Sorry, this question is really fucking dumb but I've no idea what I'm doing.

If you're doing a strength training routine then just log the weight you're moving on each lift.

If you fail reps just log that weight and do the same again next week until you can lift it (increase weight next session) or you have to deload.

If I am not a total autist then 1/2/3/4 is as follows,

88lbs/40kg OHP

180lbs/80kg Bench

270lbs/120kg Squat

and a 360lbs/160kg deadlift

or am I retarted

Nah it's 1/2/3/4 times your bodyweight for those lifts

Forgot to add the bar to each of them m8

60kg ohp, 80kg bench, 140kg squat, 180kg deadlift.

Standard bar weighs 20kg.

200lb person needs 800 diddly to leave DYEL mode.

Big kek

*100kg bench. 2x40 + 20 bar

>mfw 200lbs OHP
>mfw 400lbs bench
>mfw 600lbs squat
>mfw 800lbs DL
looks like I need to cut immediately then

Hop to it boys

Clever b8

says a lot about me that the OHP is what I fear most about these kek

>*100kg bench. 2x40 + 20 bar

Wow yep I fucked that one up.

I just had 8x8 deadlifts with 220kg and a bunch of 250m sprints on the concept 2 rower so I'm pretty much fucking retarded right now, so fatigued I feel high.

1pl8 ohp
2pl8 bench
3pl8 squat
4pl8 diddly

So yeah

Do external rotations go in a push or pull day? I do front delt work on push days and rear delt work on pull days.

Hook grips diddles

> 60kg ohp

Got a 50kg OHP currently should easily hit 60kg by the end of the year.

> 80kg bench

75kg bench PR now so hopefully 80 isn't far off

as for the squat and deadlift I am absolutely fugged, I think my squat was like 90-100kg last time I maxed and I know for a fact my deadlift is only 125kg.

Not bait I promise

>50kg OHP
Been stalling at 40kg forever, you doing any accessory work for it?

lol no problem, I know the struggle. tried to shitpost after a squat PR yesterday, literally replied to myself without noticing.

>8x8 deadlifts with 220kg
Gironda? Or just no regards for your CNS whatsoever?

Yeah man, I do seated dumbbell presses,

I found that doing high weight OHP with lower reps followed by low weight for higher reps really helped, I was stuck on 35kg, shot up pretty quick doing that alongside the overheads with dumbbells.

How often do you currently do overheads a week? I do mine twice.

Switch to push/pull

FitNotes

Doing ss. Kinda. I can't squat and deadlift on same day. I permantly deadlift on middle session and skip squats. That means I power clean on the other two sessions. Now the power cleans are getting heavy for me and it's becoming hard to squat and power clean. What the fuck do I do

cheers

eat

My routine looks like this currently (standard A rest B rest A etc...)

Workout A:
Bench
Bb row
Squat
(weighted chin up)

Workout B:
OHP
Weighted pull up
Dead
(weighted dip)

Exercises are 3*5 except for Deads which are 1*5 on heaviest. Bracketed exercises generally dependent on how long my gym buddy is staying for since my uni gym requires a minimum of 2 people. Once term is over and I get back to my home gym they'll be more consistent.

Both bench and OHP had been stalling so I dropped down to 55kg and 35kg on both and have been doing 5*5 sets with strict form while microloading in steps of 1.25kg each session. Both are now approaching the weights I had stalled on (60kg, 40kg) and progress seems pretty smooth.

Do you reckon following up my 5 rep sets with lighter weight would help with these exercises?

Dude at this point this has mutated to something that kinda resembles Greyskull, not even close to SS.
My advice is that you should read and follow either routine without changing it, you're still a gym noob and the guys who wrote the programs know better than you.
If you can't make any more progress, it means you need to advance to intermediate programming.

I didn't say I was doing SS, this is based off Greyskull

You're not the same guy as , right?
Deload, then read the book again and follow the damn program.
You probably need to add some pulling assistance exercise (back extensions or glute ham raises, if you don't have the equipment, 1x5 stiff-legged deadlifts at about 60% of your deadlift works). Your pulling programming should be deads/assist/power cleans/assist etc.
Also, and sleep more.

You answered to that other guy and I got confused.
Anyway, if you have deloaded twice and stalled on the same weight twice, go intermediate.

> Do you reckon following up my 5 rep sets with lighter weight would help with these exercises?

That's what I did, made sure they were decently high reps, so 10-12 and I tacked them on the end of my program after all the heavy stuff.

Maybe some seated overhead dumbbell presses could be put in your program too if you want to give them a shot.

that's
>136kg 1rm squat
>118kg 1rm bench
I bit harder on the bench than on the squat, but comfortably within the realm of possibility even for a genetic dead-end such as yourself.

>40kg
>50kg

just press more.

Best way to strengthen hip abductors and adductors?

Thanks and no that's not me. I don't have the equiptment at home. But I will try the stiff leg deadlifts. I can't eat much more lmao already getting fat again. Sleep has been off a bit. My legs are just weak cunts.

Should I aim to get the exact figure of my colorie allowance or can I get anywhere under it if I'm not hungry near the end of the day?

I calculated for my nutrition and cals came up to 2729 with a -1000 deficit bringing it to 1729.

Chalk to help grip or use an alternate grip, but obviously not enough time for your forearms to recovery especially if it was the day after

>Should I aim to get the exact figure of my colorie allowance
yes
>get anywhere under it
no

You're not fitting all the nutrients you could and should into your cut if you're being this lax about it.
And if you're not cutting you have no reason to be on a deficit at all.

Whats the purpose?

Why a 1000 deficit? You will catabolise more muscle the further in deficit you are.

A metric tonne of volume always helps me break through ohp plateaus, some 10x5 supersets after your work sets for example

question about the thick neck meme. i'm about 3 weeks into GSLP. first time in my life i've really given lifting a proper go (i'm early 30's atm). i've been dieting for about 4 months and have lost a load of weight (from 95 to 82kg) and on my callipers i'm reading about 17-17.5% bf which seems about right but the online us navy bf calculator is coming out at 10%. now there's no fucking way i'm at 10% so it seems my 38cm neck is throwing it off.
my question is- does a naturally thicker neck denote any sort of genetic predisposition to muscle gain? i'll be pissed if i could've had my goal body with 9 months of training when i was 19 instead of what will probably take 3-4 years at my current age.

Who are these people and why has someone photographed them deadlifting warm-up weights? Why is there an audience? Why is the guy in the back screaming over ~70 kg?

So many questions

Good news user, recent studies have shown that hard cuts don't cause significantly more breakdown of muscle than slow cuts if comparable nutritional content is maintained.
In fact, hard cuts with high protein and micro content resulted in LESS muscle breakdown over the total course of the cut (not signifcant though).

>[citation needed]
I'm not your mommy

>10x5 supersets after your work sets
do you even know what a superset is?

>~70 kg
you are blind as fuck and possibly retarded.
Based on the visible plates we can assume that it's some crossfit memery with 85 (80 visible) in the back, 90kg in the middle, 95kg in the forefround.
Also based on the crossfit memery we can assume that they are doing some form of cleans or power cleans with maybe some other shit thrown in, and doing it for time.
Any other questions?

You are blind as fuck and possibly retarded.
What I wrote was:

>Why is the guy in the back screaming over ~70 kg?

As you hopefully can see, I am only talking about the guy screaming in the back.

Try doing the math again, user, and get back to me:

Bar:
2 blue plates:
2 green plats:

What are some clean bulk foods?

t. Skelly

Is that Body Fortress Whey from Walmart any good? 30 grams of protein per scoop

Bar: 20kg
2 Blue plates: 40kg
2 Green plates: 20kg

Total: 80kg
Also, we can assume by the other bars in the picture that there's two 2.5kg plates not visible, making it 85kg.

Brain damage maybe?

Just buy online from somewhere like myprotein, supermarket powders are usually a rip off

also
>deadlifting warm-up weights
I responded to this with an explanation for why they are probably not deadlifting.

Was it really that hard for you? Do I need to start using the one line of greentext one line of response format for retards?

Thanks bro any chance of the journal article? Would love a read

Except I am cutting. Can you explain in better english?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25028999
You can start there and work your way back through the bibliographies for the rest.

Okay, I stand corrected. Is this some crossfit memery I wasn't aware of? Why are they using olympic colour codes for nonstandard weights?

Good info. I like you, user!

I have no idea, my man