Dogs and fitness

Does Veeky Forums have dogs?
Got this little guy on Sunday. Hoping to jog with him.

Quality pup. I've only ever had one dog when I was a kid, and my land lord won't allow dogs. If I ever move somewhere with a dog I'll def get one

Live with my parents and they won't let me get a pupper.

Jogging is horrible for dogs joints.

You'd be surprised by the amount of dogs Ive had to put down in my clinic because of joint issues caused from their owners taking their dogs with them on their daily jog/run.

Just walk your dog, unless you want it put down at like 6-8 years old.

Move out brah

Emptying the vets bins into your garbage truck doesn't make it your clinic user.

Oh yeah, those 6-8 year old dogs being put down constantly with the cardiofaggot owners have dogs that could easily live to 15+ years.

The reason the dogs get put down is because their joints get so fucked up they basically cant shit or piss without soiling themselves over and over needing literally 24.7 care to avoid getting infections n shit from their own faeces.

Damn, I didn't realise jogging could be so bad. I'll just stick to walks

Or just Jog on a less hard hitting surface (Grass) and give the dogs joints some time for recovery, the dog wont stop when he is in pain until it cripples him.

I'm out with my dogbros right now. They're a racing breed so love to run, but it's more like sprinting; if I led them on a long human-style jog it would be torture for them.

Canines are evolved to chase, NOT to endurance jog.

if I ever get dogs I'll force them to go on long jogs with me, I don't care
live fast, die young

That's a handsome pupper OP. I should warn you that a pupper is also a pooper - house training takes patience snd consistency, when they're that tiny you'll have to wake up a lot in the middle of the night. But it's so worth it for a friendly, happy, loyal bro for life.

Just sprint: you'll look better and your doggo will love you.

Run tight pupper

I have dogs but they are terriers so I can't run more than a few blocks with them and even then it's gotta be slow. I miss having big dogs. When I was a kid we had golden retrievers and used to take them running at a nearby golf course at night with all the other neighborhood dogs while the dads had beer.

what a cutie

So interval sprints are ok with your dog?

I want to destroy their joints.

He's too young to run on asphalt/concrete.

The big dog is my girlfriend's she had before we met. I got the little one in November. Having another dog made it a hundred times easier to raise the puppy since the puppers followed what the other one did and gave her a dog to play with instead of wanting to play with us all the time. Now when it's not raining after the gym I'll take them both out for a good walk. Feels good man.

cool dog

All you dogs are beautiful

Great tale old chap. Care to share another?

>Canines are evolved to chase, NOT to endurance jog.

Except canines have since then evolved to complement humans and their needs, which is why, on top of pack-mentality/loyalty, dogs are the undisputed #1 companion animals. Non-dog pet owners should be institutionalized.

hey man, all my cats have been exceedingly loyal

it's easy to gain a cat's trust once you realize they communicate in smells

would like a doggo t some point though

Dogs are the best
Mine died at age 8 from cancer two weeks ago and its amazing just how emptier my life seems now

Thanks buddy, so are you

PUSSY
MAGNET
DOGGO

patrician choice my man. No mixed pitbull rescue retarddog.

wolves practice endurance hunting.

No one wants to get kicked in the face by a energetic moose senpai. If you ever seen vids of how they hunt, they take all night and maybe the next day slowly chasing some dumb animal, ocassionally getting cheap shots in on the ass.

11 month old pupper here. We do a mile walk every day and then she gives me motivation as she sleeps by my feet in my home gym.
Every weekend we find trails to explore.

I love her so much. If my wife died, it'd be the perfect life.

>If my wife died, it'd be the perfect life.

Dude... What the fuck?

>if my wife died it'd be the perfect life

Points for honesty, atleast.

Yeah he dope.

wife's a cunt, probably?

>current year and still running on pavement
Trail run or kys

My doggo. She's older now, but still like to run after her ball. Gets her moving and feeling young.

So sorry for you :(
All those feels I got thinking about mine..

Doggo respect.

Also domestic breeds don't have anywhere near the stamina of a human

No but I want one.

omg he is sooooo cute c:

Yup, my doggo is 7.

Cats > Dogs

Black lab pups are best pups.

>walking your cat

Nice colouration, eyes and nose.
Sun's out, tongues out. Great coats too.
Sweet set up, mirin.
Real sweet
A regal pose in high definition
What breed is that? Very nice
Reminds me of a good friend's dog that lived til about 15. Hope yours does too.

Had to put my dogs put to sleep fellas. It sucks not having them around after so many years. I can still them in my mind's eye...exploring the back yard together, sleeping in the laundry, coming up the driveway with mum holding their lead.

RIP Annie, RIP Grace.
Nos da, breuddwydion melys

Die anytime

Having a dog is easily one of the best things in life, i'll have dogs until i'm too old to care for them

He is a husky/Malamute mix. He was a stray I adopted from the pound. He is very friendly with people and other dogs alike which is not typical for the breed.

this is my dog. we walk twice a day and run once in a while

Nice

Photo is few years old. Truly the best friend a human can hope for, It's 11 now though and sadly in the past two years the problems with her joints started.

Thanks for posting him and walking him twice a day, that's real nice

I hate people that dont exercise their dogs. Fat dogs are not cute, its abuse. Mine is jack rusell so she is just a bundle of energy. If she doesnt get it out,shes up my ass all night

this is the best picture i have of my pupper

Huskies are awesome companions with wicked personalities. I have to lock the doors at night because he'll open the door to take himself outside.

Don't laugh, but I play PokéMon Go when I jog.

Cute/10.

objectively false