Tfw working 11 hour nightshifts how the fuck am I supposed to train?

Tfw working 11 hour nightshifts how the fuck am I supposed to train?

get a job that doesn't ruin your life and shorten it at the same time

fpbp /thread

As a guy who's been working overnight for three years now I understand your pain. I work from 8/9 pm to 7am four nights a week. What I do is sleep till half an hour before my shift starts and then just go about my night normally. So I go to the gym around 8 am and I'm in bed by noon. If you commit to a consistent sleep schedule it isn't hard to adjust.

You have literally all day and an empty gym at night. Stop making excuses.

Bro i work 530pm to 530am and still hit the gym after.

I did night audit at a hotel for a year and a half in college, it's not too bad. You just take a normal person schedule and shift it. I would wake up at about 8PM, then go to the gym. After that, I'd do breakfast, and putter around in my "morning". Work at 11PM, and have lunch around 1AM. Once I got off at 7AM, I'd go to class, have dinner around 10AM (I'd bring it to class in tupperware and eat between classes) and get to sleep no later 1:30 or 2PM.

I work nights and I live in an apartment complex full of high schoolers. I genuinely am so sleep deprived that I want to fucking kill my neighbors if they even look at me the wrong way. I feel like I'm on the edge, genuinely. I keep lashing out at my gf and I almost beat her ass two nights ago over absolutely nothing. Got any tips? I tried a fan, I tried ear plugs, I tried a tv. Nothing helps.

>tfw you used to work 12-hour shifts 3 or 4 days a week

0/10 would not recommend

Really? Normally the fan does the trick for me. I have one that's loud enough to drown out my roommate blasting music. Do you have blackout curtains?

>You have literally all day

What a retard

The problem is what do you do on those 3 days off? Sleep like a normie or stick to nightshift sleep schedule and have no life?

I don't. Do those actually help? Was considering buying some this weekend

I also do 12 hour shifts and still train

Just gotta do it my g

If you don't have blackouts, then you need them. That's why you're always on edge and wake up so easily. The sunlight is throwing off your circadian rhythm. Don't even wait until this weekend. Go buy some now. Or, you could nail a thick blanket to the wall to cover the window.

It'll improve your quality of life like no other.

Thanks user. I may just go buy some the moment the stores open up. I appreciate it

Nightfag here too, invest in some foam ear plugs to block out noise the type you put in your ear canal. Also in addition to black out blinds plug all the gaps in your room that let in light with old t shirts, I have them jammed into the hinge on my door and under the door. The sensory deprivation of being totally blind and partially deaf may send you insane but you will sleep well.

if you work 11 hours, that means you work 3-4 days a week. Work out on your offdays

get an ambien perscription, it will knock you out.

Watch out tho, its heavy and kind of dangerous. Take it and go to bed. You try to "fight it", you end up doing weird shit and get amnesia.

>Do those actually help?
They are NECESSARY if you work an overnight shift. This is not debatable.

Yes. Get these. Or even tape trash bags over your windows. I work 6 nights a week, 7pm to 7am. You want it to be as dark as possible. Helps so much with sleep.

I work 12 hours Fri, Sat, Sun. Lately I've been lifting Tues, Thurs (Mon I'm still sore from work so not going to hit any PRs). If I'm using vacation days I may be able to get a 3rd day in. If I lift Mon, Wed then I may make Thurs a fatigue / volume / conditioning day since I'm going to doing light cardio "recovering" at work for 3 days.

Aye a fellow auditor. It's the same for me, except I wake up at 8 to go to work at 9 then gym at 8 am and chores/relaxing till noon.

Blackout curtains, sleep masks and a loud fan are your friends. Invest in them or enjoy miserable sleep.

On my Friday I go to bed from 11am to 4pm. I usually stay up till 3 or 4 am then go back to sleep and wake up around 11-12 in the morning. I sleep on Saturday nights at around 2 and wake up at 9 and then I stay up till 2am on Sunday and sleep for like 5 hours tops. Once 1pm rolls around I go back to bed and sleep till 8 at night and then head off to work. This is how I swap between overnight and a normal sleep for the weekend. It ain't fun, especially on Monday, but it works

>Work 3p-12a 3 days a week
>Work 11p-8a 2 days a week
> Workout either early on the morning at 6am or after grave at 9am

It's pretty tough having floppy schedules. Like grave and normal shifts, I just want to drop lifting but I can see progress in my body. W-will I make it?

use stimulants