So Veeky Forums, I'm into my second month of lifting...

So Veeky Forums, I'm into my second month of lifting. Most of the time my form is pretty shit but I've been either trying to improve myself or received helpful advice from people at my gym (shoutout to that older brown dude who corrected my squat form today because I was not ding high bar, I was doing fucking neck bar, even if he will never read it, it helped a lot).
The lift I've been struggling the most with is OHP and it is progressing fucking nowhere. My form is total shit, wobbly and whatever. I've failed 30kg three times in a row, had to deload to 27.5kg, fucked that up once and only managed to do it after a second time today, but my form is total fucking shit.
Unfortunately I cannot record a video because my phone is kinda fucked but the main issue I am facing is that I'm ending up with basically this posture after every rep that isn't maybe the first. My back is kinda arched back, my arms aren't really straight but kind arched back a bit too. I've watched some videos and most of them mention not to lean back, but I don't know how the fuck I should keep myself from leaning back. Is there some trick to do that? Or is there some kind of accessory work I can do to improve on that?

Thanks for the help if you can provide any, because fuck, every lifting day with OHP is instantly depressing as fuck.

are you keeping your glutes tense? also push your head forward a bit after the bar passes it, should help keep your upper back tight. or deload to 25 and go for 5x5 slow with a focus on form, feel what is giving out and keep everything tensed.

>but I don't know how the fuck I should keep myself from leaning back
Clench everything

I'd advise swallowing your pride and dropping down to a weight you can definitely do with proper form (straight bar path, bar starts resting on your chest each set, no bounce) and microloading up from there (I bought a set of 0.5kg plates for like £6).

Didn't think of keeping them tense, maybe it'll help, thanks.

Will try that out next time. It's not like I have any pride left at this point when it comes down to OHP anyway.

>Didn't think of keeping them tense
tensing glutes and core is pretty essential during ohp, hopefully it helps.

you have to brace your whole body so it provides a solid base. all the "tense your glutes stuff" is confusing, because it sounds like you should stand there and just squeeze your butt. that's not how it works. you have to start from the feet up. your stance should be a bit open, not parallel. then you apply outwards twisting pressure through your feet to the floor, like you're trying to 'screw' them in. your glutes will be tense, your hip will automatically be in the correct angle. then you can properly brace your abs and everything above.

pirate and read Becoming a Supple Leopard for a better description.

After doing all that, you should be able to do OHP with the back and legs in a straight line?
Also, are you supposed to lift the bar a bit ahead of your head when its on the top of your head?
So should i rise the bar as if it was an 'l' or more like this '\'?

not him but don't let the bar go behind your head, snap city rip shoulders. should be a straight line.

Doesnt that imply an immense effort on your chest more than your shoulders?

it should allow you to lift it relatively straight, if you properly 'present' your chest and get the head a bit back, the get below the bar once it's past your head. what I wrote mostly helps to avoid curving your lower back.

not without leaning back no, ohp does work upper pecs though.

Alright, I'll keep that in mind.
How do you work LOWER pecs tho?
I've got mine inexistent and I've been doing bench press and regular pushups for quite some time already ... I can't think of any exercise

try benching with DB, dips, flies (DB or cable), pec deck

isnt dips 100% triceps?

Bench. As in "flat bench barbell full range of motion press".
Dips too.
All those except dips are of tertiary importance

Absolutely not. Dips do elbow extension (triceps) and shoulder flexion (pecs and front delts)

Unlock your knees and hips, brace your core. Form > weight. Use less weight if you have to.

>Bench. As in "flat bench barbell full range of motion press".
But that's what ive been doing!

Also what does 'tertiary' even mean

not as good as secondary

If you keep benching it WILL eventually grow. If you OHP 25 kg something tells me your bench is 50kg, 60 at best. You are as beginner as one gets, just keep lifting. There is no magic exercise that you will do and get a Schwarzenegger tier chest in 6 weeks, just be CONSISTENT with your routine, eat and sleep

Also
Primary - 1
Secondary - 2
Tertiary - 3

I'm doing 32kg OHP and 53 kg bench press.
Is my bench press THAT bad? I started doing OHP like 3 weeks ago but i've been doing bench press for a long time, i just never really increased weight too often

>Is my bench that bad?
symmetric strength dot com
Unless you're a 45 kg girl then yeah, it's pretty fucking pathetic.
What program are you doing? I think I know your problem

>i've been doing bench press for a long time
how long is a long time?

might be worth looking into a new program/making sure your diet is in check. get them protons user.

Rofl okay I just got demoralized to low fucking levels...
I started my workout almost 2 years ago, but I've never increased my weights on benchpress until last week which I added 2.5kg and I feel I can increase it again. I guess I never pushed myseld to the limit thats why I never really improved that much.

Okay i'll just take the chance and put my diet here so you can comment on it as well (I've been doing it for about 2 and a half months now and I've gotten like 3kgs, something huge, i've always been super skinny 2 meters and around 84kg now)

meal 1: 4 bacon stripes, 3 eggs, 2 slices of bread with jam
(gym taining + whey protein)
meal 2 and 3: 250-300g chicken breast, 250-300g rice/pasta, ~150g broccoli and random iogurt.
meal 4: 150g salad + extra cheese + extra tomatoes + 1 can of tuna. 30g nuts + ~150g oats + iogurt

This might not be 100% accurate of course because i never weight what i cook but it shouldnt be too far from reality

>53kg bench after two years
Good god. Follow pic related user, follow the exercise selection and progress schedule WORD FOR WORD. In the meantime, read the starting strength book. When weekly progress stalls move on to J&T 2.0, GZCL, 5/3/1 for beginners (disregard the name, the program is actually for intermediates), PHUL, TM or another intermediate strength training program.
NO other accessories until you reach 1/2/3/4. And buy a kitchen scale.

Forgot pic. Read the SS book as I said, but do pic related. It is more balanced and relies on simple lifts

you're getting enough food, try to increase every lift by 2.5kg a week or every other session, with enough protein and fat you'd be surprised how easy it is and how quickly everything will grow. if you struggle, eat more.

How long does it take to do each day?
Alright everything seems doable except for the chinups. I'm currently doing 3x10 with extra help of about 45kg. Its my WORSE exercise by far...

How often are you supposed to increase weight?
This is my current routine.
12-10-8 reps
Squats 27-33-43kg
OHP 25-30-35kg
Chinups 3x10 with assisted 45kg
biceps curl 20-25-27kg
french press 20-25-27kg
bench press 43-48-53kg

Should i really increase this 2.5kg each week? There's no way I can keep that rythm, specially with bench press or biceps curls

at your level you don't want to be training hypertrophy, look into beginner strength routines, at the very least keep the compound movements to 3x5 or 5x5. build a decent strength base, then train for size.

Buy a door pull up bar, do negatives every day until you can do them, then do them every day.

I think I'll try to keep my current routine and trying to increase the weight as much as I can, and see if there are any results.
If it doesn't work, I'll change it. Ive been doing this one for no more than 2 months

45 min - 1hr
>It's my worst exercise
Nah, your worst is squats by far. If you don't believe me, plug in your chinups (assisted chinups with -45 kg, 10 reps), your squats (43 kg, 8 reps) and your bench numbers on the calculator I gave you. But which lift is your "worst" or "best" is inconsequential, right now we just need to help you get your shit together.

I was doing squats with 70kg... But I started doing ass to grass and I had to lower the weight so much, thats why it's this low

>I think I'll try to keep my current routine
Mate you have been doing "your own routines" for 2 years and are weaker than a 15 year old girl
We are trying to help

READ
STARTING
STRENGTH
Please. It's good for you, I promise.

I've been doing different routies, I started this one 2 months ago.
What should I do then? The pic someone shared and read that book?

It me again, I'm also interested in how much weight I should be getting... Because It feels like I've been eating so much for so long and nothing happens... I'm sure it's because i could train harder but it's only because of that?

Should I be getting like 1kg every month for example?

D E F I N I T E L Y read the book. I cannot stress it enough. You have way too many misconceptions about strength training on too many levels (such as strength being seperate from hypertrophy, proper squat depth, proper exercise selection and order, work capacity and neurological efficiency increase) and the book answers all the questions you didn't know you had

As for which routine you do, it matters little as long as it has a DETAILED PROGRESSION PLAN. Do user's routine, do Starting strength, do stronglifts 5x5 (this one has an app!), do PTW's beginner routine, do 5/3/1 for beginners, do stripped 5x5 from the sticky... Just pick a TRIED and TESTED routine and DO IT

I started with stronglifts, moved on to Texas method and now do 531. After 1.5 years with initial stats similar to your current o es, I have 70kg OHP, 110 kg bench, 150 kg squat and 170 kg deadlift

My form goes like that at times.

It's easy to think it's worse than it is.

Don't worry about it.

Alright alright I'll give it a try.
I'll read the book and I'll continue with the routine I have, trying to increase weight from time to time and I'll apply what they say in the book.

Thanks user!