Press 57.5 for 2 reps 4.5 months ago

>press 57.5 for 2 reps 4.5 months ago
>couldn't even press 52.5 for 2 a week ago
>struggle with 50 for 3 yesterday

why is this happening? i feel like i'm regressing not progressing. i tried everything from taking a deload week, a whole week off, upping or lowering frequency of pressing and tons of different press progressions but it seems that i'm literally stuck on it

what else can i do?

Eat more idiot

i was bulking the entire time

overstraining then

>tfw I haven't The Pressedâ„¢ in about 2 months

I'm afraid to see how weak I got

Happened to me too. Could've the press'd 70 for 2, now struggling with 65. Everytime I get the bar on me, I feel like I've lost all the stabilizing muscles and start shaking, get nervous. Granted, I've lost like 3kgs

where are you failing? bottom or top?

>volume on lover weight
>push-press volume on lover weight
you're welcome

Jesus Christ OP your lifting 100% maybe go for 40 for 5 reps

happens the same, god i fucking hate press

I cant go beyond a plate in half a year and even im using smith .

Just kill me

bottom

actually looking back at my progress and how i lifted that was where i improved the most in press. i was even pressing at max 3/week with 3 sets of 10-12 after it.

tried mixing it with volume only days and it seems that my press declined immediately

Lower reps build strength but not that low OP. Definitely try 5 or 6 reps for strength

had pretty good results with starr program though. it's 3-6x3 with a back off set at around 80% for 10

You do realise that singles, doubles and triples are how powerlifters predominantly train right? Working in those lower rep ranges with good form is geared to towards increasing strength. 5-6 reps is the upper levels of the strength range crossing into hypertrophy.

>meanwhile I ohp 80kg for 6+ reps and bp 140 6+ reps

Stop living like ur schedule and try fucking harder faggot

I found that high volume seated DB press helps.
When I got stuck at the top of OHP, push press or Close grip bench helped.

The 'groove' in the pres is fundamentally different even between 3 to 5 reps. Your max is going to be destroyed doing 12 rep sets at 65%.

Press big? Don't go over 3 reps. A very basic program:

>1: WU, WU, 4-6x3 weight across. Increase weight 1-2.5kg when all reps are hit.
>2: Light - 4x3 80% of day 1.
>3: Medium - 4x3 90% of day 1.

You could stay n that indefinitely for a year.

WU?

warm up

That's not even close to true. Doubles and triples are used rarely when peaking for a meet. Most powerlifting work is done in the 5-15 rep range to build strength(which is proportional to muscle size)

That's why they train in blocks, there's a phase where they build muscle then a phase where they practice utilizing the built muscle

>Doubles and triples are used rarely when peaking for a meet.

It depends.

Drugs = the ability to use 50% and under of 1rm for reps and still gain/maintain strength while block training.

Powerlifters who are open about drug use (Jamie Lewis - his programs/methdology don't have you over 3 reps), Olympic lifters past and present (check out old school strength programs - they don't go over 3 reps for press except for WU), etc rarely go over 3 reps.

OHP is a meme

But my lover is 52kg, how the fuck am I supposed to do volume with my 2RM?