Coffee

Is it good for you? Or is it bad for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search=Coffee&fwp_content_type=video
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Full of antioxidants
>Good pre-workout

Nah it's fine, especially black.

Good.

more importantly. How do you get used to coffee.
I need my caffeine and substitute with a 200mg pill once in the morning. Any 'starters' coffee? It's just so bitter

Lighter roasts are less bitter and have more caffeine, generally speaking. You might even try adding some half-and-half if you're a puss-puss and slowly cut it out over time.

this desu. add the least amount of sugar/cream that you need and slowly lower the content

Good for your brain
Bad for your teeth

Drink it with a straw to be a wholesome person.

It gives me heartburn or it wants to come out when i burn ... gets me bloated too lads... i miss it

Cold brew

don't talk to me before i have had my morning coffee

Don't get shit coffee.

Lighter roasts (just after first crack) keep the fruity flavour. 'Cafes' like charbucks roast everything extremely dark because it's a blend and when you roast coffee past a certain point (second crack) it all tastes the same.

There are also two species of coffee bean, arabica and robusta. Robusta is easier to grow so it's cheaper and as a result it's used as a filler to bulk up a blend. The downsides are that quality is usually shit and they are generally more bitter. The reason robusta coffee is bitter is because it contains around double the amount of caffeine than arabica beans. Caffeine has a bitter taste by its nature.

Get a lightly roasted single origin like a Kenyan or Ethiopian, they're the 'easiest' to drink black.

t. Coffee is my job.

Who here /woke/ and /swole/?

Scoop of vanilla whey in black coffee to start off the day. Better than sips.

Thinking about starting. I ususally sleep 8h, work 8-15.30, go home sleep for 30min, go workout, and lay in the sofa watching tv for the rest of the day because im so tired. Is coffe worth it?

diarrhea piss is better than sips

effect wise, m8

cute trap

If you drink it in moderation (black with no cream or added sugar) it's marginally good for you, but bad for your teeth and leeches some calcium from your bones. Once you start to go overboard it can affect your sleep and dangerously elevate your heart rate, which is bad.

If you're choosing whether or not to start drinking coffee, I'd recommend against it. It sucks being addicted to a crutch, even if it's relatively harmless.

I drink 3 coffees a day. Is it doing me any real harm? I'm thinking about stopping for a month in July just to relax my receptors and shit, I did it last year.

I know ;)

What kind of job? Do you own a coffee shop? You must be a barista who owns a comfy shop in a small part of downtown that doesn't get a whole lot of customers, but there's enough business to keep you going, and some of the regulars are very loyal and friendly sort of like an extended family. Sure some days you wish you had a more booming store, with cute cashiers and tons of publicity, but this legacy was built of your own sweat and blood, and passion for brewing a comforting cup of coffee. Those thoughts of fame and fortune quickly leave your mind, I bet, as you could not imagine trading this store for anything in the world. You must have it really nice.

k bb ;))

i drink about 16 espressos / day.
no real harm.

16, as in literally 16?
Nice dubs btw

yeah, like 4 double shot in the morning and 4 in the afternoon tops.
they say you're fine drinking up to 12 (citation needed). i just fucking love this shit.

You're so fucked.

i dunk a lot of whole milk into my coffee
just like the taste better, its like a delicious snack then

ill drink black just fine but enjoyment isnt there

t. pleb that never had good coffee

;_;

Don't know if that's that good for you bruh.

Addicts usually love their drug

No, they don't.

Yea they do, they don't love the other shit that comes with it. My roommate is a former addict and he has explained he would fucking love to do coke and chems again, but he doesn't ever want to go through the depression that follows.

Who else is takes a monster shit after drinking their morning cup of coffee? Literally coffee makes me need to shit almost instantly in the mornings.

There's an added health benefit for you op. Knowing you'll consistently take a shit at the same time every day.

I have my morning half-pot of coffee with a cigar. THAT combo will make you have the biggest shit.

I have weird issues with stimulants.

I can take any sugar-free stimulant and it'll have zero effect. black coffee, caffeine pills, guarana, açai, sugarless sips, taurine...

BUT IF IT HAS SUGAR it's like i'm on drugs. I get hyper. I was in a rave and a girl wanted to know if I was on drugs because I was still full of energy at 5am.

it's terrible because I love coffee with milk and sugar but I only take it once a month because I won't sleep that day AND the crash is suicidal levels.

IF does not fix it (I love IF and am on month 6 at 16-19 hours a day).

no, this is all wrong. You couldn't have possibly fucked it up worse than this. I bought few coffee makers thus year, but that's my business... Not yours! Fuck off.

So is it better to switch to caffeine pills instead?

Good for occasional use, bad-ish if done every day (which is what most people do) and terribly bad if done every day and high doses.

Yeah, yeah I know it has antioxidants and shit but implying you can't get those from anything else. Don't bullshit me.

No source that its bad even in high doses its only good for you m8, drink 10 cups plus a day just dont drink 6hrs before sleep and ur fine

nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search=Coffee&fwp_content_type=video

no talkie OP

1 medium sized cup of black coffee on off days
2 (1 being pre workout) on training days.

Coffee has some small health benefits and not much drawbacks in moderation.
For a pre workout I like to make a little shake of coffee, whey, chocolate syrup, and ice.

Pretty common

Top kek. Morning cigars are fit as hell

More bad then good since caffeine is an addictive substance.

caffeine has no negative effects and addiction is easily broken in a few days with minor discomfort so you're point is moot.

Get your antioxidants from fruit and veg. Also coffee leaches minerals from your system.

You are in denial bub.

All studies indicate that in moderation it is fine, bit people who have more than a few cups (measuring cups not your big ass mug) will have issues.

Yes. I try to make sure my coffee tolerance doesn't get too high because drinkinga cup of dark roast after working out gives me perfect poops.

Fit as fuck and delicious. Couldn't make it through the day without my morning covfefe

citation needed

moderation is the key, teeth whitening every so often is require however

GUYS

GUYS HELP

what do you do or take to dimish the alertness (and caffeine crash) when you want to go to sleep?

google only says water and tea which don't work for me.

bump

More caffeine. It's a vicious cycle.

>tfw blending dark roast coffee, scoop of chocolate protein powder, and a scoop of almond butter
this shit is hilariously amazing

How does it taste....?

best pre-workout available. especially if it's black without no sugar. if you are drinking it with sugar you already fucked up.

honestly that sounds like shit.

it tasted just like a mocha it was game changing

Chicks in t-shirts like this are so hot. Cause it's like, you don't know what they're wearing under that. Could be really short shorts, could be just panties, could be nothing at all! How many layers of cloth are between my erect, unprotected penis and her vagina? It might be two, but it could be one, or even zero!

One cup of black coffee as a pre workout, 3 times a week. It does the job, gets the blood pumping

>8 cups with breakfast
>4 at work
>2 during lunch

14 cups a day, but I drink nearly 4ltrs of water

Yet when I walk around in my t shirt with no trousers on my housemates call me creepy. Double standards eh.

Don't get shit coffee. The hawaiian stuff is GOAT in the coffee world.

Everything's gonna be ok, we had coffee after all!

> but what if we didn't

was at 5 cups a day, got it down to 2-3 for work
and i take pre-work out for the gym

how the fuck do you have 8 cups at breakfast. 1 cup and i'm dripping in sweat

>this guy gets it

being addicted to caffeine

>t. caffeine addict

Isnt that an indicator of add/adhd or some other shit? Ask your doc lol

>Caffeine can cause insomnia, nervousness and restlessness, stomach irritation, nausea and vomiting, increased heart rate and respiration, and other side effects

Still doesnt mean its bad. Just dont drink a gallon a day

Thats cause they dont want to see your dick

I drink about 2-3 cups at work, i work in maintenance so i move around a lot and use a lot of energy. When i get home i also drink 2-3 cups especially before the gym. I don't do pwo's or drink anything other than coffee and water and an occasional beer here and there wit bros. other than that I don't have any problems, i get good sleep and i cam actually stop drinking it without any headaches or whatever

Can confirm. I take jet alert 200mg tablets. Every 2 - 3 hours I will take more to keep going. When I get to the point of 600mg a dose I cut back for three days until I take none. Then restart at 200mg. This cycle takes about two weeks.

im try that tomorrow thx anone

>Morning cigars are fit as hell
What?

What's a cold brew?

Are you stupid? If you don't like it, don't drink it. It's not even good for you

Put some artificial sweetener in it. Ignore the memes about insulin response, they are baseless

Try some melatonin or something, or just don't drink caffeine past about 3-4 in the afternoon. Knocking yourself out with pills is not a restful night's sleep.