Daily reminder that these are hurting your gains. Get them replaced ASAP

Daily reminder that these are hurting your gains. Get them replaced ASAP.

Other urls found in this thread:

fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/DentalProducts/DentalAmalgam/ucm171094.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9391753
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26560125
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3514464/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>>Dental amalgam contains elemental mercury. It releases low levels of mercury in the form of a vapor that can be inhaled and absorbed by the lungs. High levels of mercury vapor exposure are associated with adverse effects in the brain and the kidneys.

fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/DentalProducts/DentalAmalgam/ucm171094.htm

>FDA has reviewed the best available scientific evidence to determine whether the low levels of mercury vapor associated with dental amalgam fillings are a cause for concern. Based on this evidence, FDA considers dental amalgam fillings safe for adults and children ages 6 and above. The weight of credible scientific evidence reviewed by FDA does not establish an association between dental amalgam use and adverse health effects in the general population. Clinical studies in adults and children ages 6 and above have found no link between dental amalgam fillings and health problems.
you get more mercury from a can of tuna than these fillings

>you get more mercury from a can of tuna than these fillings
>citation needed

>not realizing that his is a political and legal decision to prevent the millions of lawsuits which would happen if they admitted mercury fillings are dangerous.

You goyim sure are gullible.

also
> If your fillings are in good condition and there is no decay beneath the filling, FDA does not recommend that you have your amalgam fillings removed or replaced. Removing sound amalgam fillings results in unnecessary loss of healthy tooth structure, and exposes you to additional mercury vapor released during the removal process.
deductive logic. if it's epa safe then it's less than eating fish all the time.

>*An average 5-ounce serving (1 can) of light tuna contains 18.11 micrograms of mercury.
>Fillings offgas approximately 1-4 micrograms of mercury per day

If you are ok with this.... get your mouth filled with metal. I'll stick with brushing my teeth.

>deductive logic

I don't think that means what you think it means

it would require 30mcg daily to produce adverse health effects
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9391753
you realize there's mercury in all kinds of shit you eat because it's in soil and water? fuck you're all dumb as hell.

it means exactly what i think it means you fucking retard

Your argument is not deductive

My argument is deductive you mental midget. The premise being that excessive eating of canned fish leads to unsafe levels of mercury. The deductive conclusion being that the safe levels of mercury in fillings are just that. Now off yourself autismo.

Still not a deductive argument. You can keep trying, I will tell you when you get it right.

That's nice you're still an autistic retard.

High mercury levels can lead to cognitive deficits and outbursts of anger/rage. Both of which you are clearly demonstrating. You may want to have yourself checked by a qualified physician.

Fillings don't yield high levels of mercury you dumb twat

> From 450 to 530 amalgam surfaces would be required to produce the 30 micrograms/g creatinine urine mercury level for people without any excessive gum-chewing habits

Keep in mind that 30mcg is the absolute minimum needed to produce even the slightest undesirable effect and it would require an improbable amount of fillings to create even a detectable change much less one that's dangerous in any way.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26560125
>>Individuals exposed to amalgam fillings had higher risk of Alzheimer's disease

>>For elemental mercury vapour, several studies show that long-term workplace exposures– at around 20 µg/m3 of air or higher – have subtle toxic effects on the central nervous system.

Thats 20 20 µg/m3 IN THE AIR.
With an amalgam filling you are getting 1 µg/m3 directly in your mouth.

from ADA:
> Updated: April 2016

>Alzheimer's Association
"According to the best available scientific evidence, there is no relationship between silver dental fillings and Alzheimer's. … Public health agencies, including the FDA, the U.S. Public Health Service and the World Health Organization, endorse the continued use of amalgam as safe, strong, inexpensive material for dental restorations."

>Source: Alzheimer's Association website. Alzheimer's Myths. Accessed April 5, 2016.

no the mercury fillings are elemental. it does not release in solid form.

>no the mercury fillings are elemental. it does not release in solid form.

Partially correct. It releases in vapor form, which is harmful by itself.

It then enters the blood stream where it can easily bind to a methyl group, creating methylmercury.

and we already know how much is in the bloodstream from the research posted which is 1-3mcg ergo jackshit

It's curious how the common man, will against his best interest, defend the status quo on issues like this.

It shows how anti-scientific humans are in their default mode of thinking. "Authorities say something, therefore they must be right."

Skepticism is the proper attitude on an issue like this. Prove to me that mercury fillings are safe, otherwise I will refuse to use them.

isn't it not really absorbed into the bloodstream unless it's already methylenated and can it really be easily converted to organic mercury?

1-3mcg everyday for the rest of your life. In just a year thats 365-1095 mcg of mercury exposure.

is that what being a skeptic is? prove to me that gravity is safe or I'm going to space right the fuck now

this subject is as retarded as the asspies trying to make gains via "boosting natural test"
pls kys, sooner the better

Incorrect. Elemental mercury is easily absorbed into the blood stream through the GI tract.

no that'a 1-3mcg in your bloodstream at any given time, ergo trace amounts. i understand how a complete retard who doesn't know how anything on planet earth works might mistake this for a problem. may god help you if you ever learn about all the trace shit on the food you eat each day.

Congratulations, you just used your first strawman argument. I encourage you to google the term "strawman argument" and learn about it, so that you can refrain from repeating this mistake in the future.

"lemental mercury from ingestion is poorly absorbed, at less than 0.01% of the dose, in the gastrointestinal tract"
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3514464/

got a weird definition of easily, brah

You didn't even bother to read the rest of your own citation. You can't just read the abstract bud :P

>>> Adults are exposed to mercury at approximately 2 to 5 µg/d from dental amalgam fillings, which is 25% to 50% of the total mercury absorbed daily in an adult [38]. Mercury vapor in the oral cavity may be inhaled into the lungs and absorbed through the respiratory system. Metal ions may pass into the oral fluid and be ingested in the gastrointestinal tract. Mercury vapor or inorganic mercury is distributed by the blood to most of the organs in the body. However, the major target organs are the central nervous system and the kidney for mercury vapor and the kidney for inorganic mercury.

>>>From autopsy studies, mercury levels in tissue samples including the brain were correlated with the total number of surfaces of amalgam restorations [2]. Kingman et al. [42] estimated that each 10 amalgam surfaces increased mercury level by 1 µg/L in urine in an association study on mercury levels in urine and blood and amalgam exposure. Also, amalgam-related symptoms improved after amalgam filling removal [47], and the reduced mercury levels in blood and urine were observed following dental amalgam filling removal [48]. These findings support the causality between mercury exposure from dental amalgam filling and adverse health effects.

You fucking idiot lol. You posted a paper that claims exactly the opposite of your argument. Thank you for the paper though, I had not read that one before.

Idiots in this thread arguing with me... bumping the thread... and helping me inform more anons of the toxic heavy metal in their mouth.

Feels good man

I'm not claiming anything about fillings, just that elemental mercury is not ingested easily. which is what that study finds

>35 replies
>4 posters

you guys are pretty desperate for confirmation bias, that paper indicates that the chief contribution of fillings to mercury levels in the body is through vapor and doesn't really come down on whether or not it's harmful for the public

Well considering that mercury vapor is highly toxic... I'm gonna go with yes

Had mine removed 2 years ago. Big improvements in all around health/energy levels.

Just get composites if you need fillings. Why the fuck would you let a profiteering dentist put metal in your mouth. Plus they look horrible.

I keep the metal in for gains. If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger

Wait people still get these?

I thought those were just for like 3rd world africans or something.

I don't know anyone with silver fillings, why would you get them?

you do realize there's mercury naturally occuring in the air

you get exposed to more mercury by removing them and it weakens your teeth

>being this autistic that you check thread counts to bolster your ego

>you do realize there's mercury naturally occuring in the air
No there isn't

yes there is. it is naturally released into the air from rocks, fires, volcanos, etc.

But the levels are far lower