Sardines

>High in protein
>Great source of omega-3 fatty acids
>Cheap as fuck
>Way more sustainable & ecologically friendly than tuna
>Incredible shelf life
>Tons of easy-to-assemble and inexpensive recipes

Why aren't you eating the king of foods Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BsvxQ01Oy8k
youtube.com/watch?v=9AgT9zqCmeM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it looks nasty as hell

I do eat them, i enjoy them but they're just not as good as other fish. A lot of people are turned off to the look and smell too.

All the best things in life require doing something 'nasty as hell you fucking pussy.

They're disgusting but I still eat them 2-3 times a week. Cheaper, and better for you, than Omega 3 pills.

god tier protein source. look at these little kids cry about food that doesn't taste like pop tarts

Literally 4 tins a day with hot sauce. Fucking delicious.

>Amerifats

Hah, what do you smell like? I was eating two cans a day for a while, and whenever I'd sweat at the gym, I was reeking like sardines all over the place.

my problem with eating tuna, sardines, or other kinds of canned fish is that you usually have really bad breath afterwards and it tends to make your area smell bad. You can eat it outside and have a mint after but sometimes you just wanna chill in the a/c on your break of your soul crushing barely living wage job.

99% of the time you can only get them in oil where I live.

I don't have the calorie room for that much fat.

>Not eating the most nutrient-rich foods because of how you'll be perceived by your idiot coworkers

Why even dedicate your time to lifting with such an attitude? It's called bringing a toothbrush and toothpaste to work you fuck.

>Low fat diet

KYS. Also, these are on the shelves of literally EVERY grocery store I've ever been to.

tons of oil lul

You sound like a woman. These problems are easily fixed

Have you checked?

2 tins of sardines in water, drained, and add Frank's wing sauce. Fucking god tier source of protein and fats without the calories.

Put sardines on top of beans with just a little bit of crackers and some hot sauce. Thank me later

Aren't those super salty or only anchovies is salty?

Millionaires Brand is OP. Med is the tastiest, but all the slightly smoked are way beuno.

Can someone recommend a brand that is available in the grocery store?

This

so is being a faggot but i don't see your or OP taking any steps

>white "people"

I have about a hundred cans of these in my house

you're never gonna make it with that attitude buddy.

joe rogan got arscenic poising from eating too many sardines

You forgot something
>It's literally a decapitated and eviscerated corpse

You also forgot high in iron.

I have low hemoglobin and need to increase my iron intake.

Hemp seeds
>>High in protein
>>Great source of omega-3 fatty acids, minerals and vitamins
>>Cheap as fuck
>>Way more sustainable & ecologically friendly than tuna or sardines
>>Incredible shelf life
>>Tons of easy-to-assemble and inexpensive recipes
Why aren't you eating the king of foods Veeky Forums?

pls send me some

You forgot to add
>"as a vegan I use"

>Implying that means anything

Nice try gains goblin

>Only vegans can post about hemp seeds

>white "people"

White people who have been the worlds most maritime focused people in all history, somewhat closely followed by the Chinese and then some time after, Arabs.

I have to admit though, white city-folk get squeamish about a lot, but they eat a lot of fish still, just not sardines.
I notice black people buy a lot of sardines and mackerel.
I've always assumed its because fish fillets cost more and so black people buy the cheaper stuff.

if you are in UK (or some US places) Lidl sells tins of tuna, salmon, crab, mackerel, sardines etc for ~30% less at least than you'll find anywhere else. And usually larger portions, most brand tuna costs ~£1.50, its 60-70p a tin in Lidl.
I'm sure USA must have even cheaper somewhere.

>Implying the whole industry of canning sardines wasn't invented be white people.
>Implying "white" americans are like any other kind of white people.
Wew lad, unless you think only Kr*uts and snow niggers are white you couldn't be more mistaken, I was doing a lot of those for my grandpa right now, having a batch maceratin in vinagre right now.

>I fucking forget to put the image.
Fug.

What if we use paper tissues to wipe the oil?

just chew some gum lmao

Didnt canned food raise estrogen lvls?

>eating for taste

kys

Anchovies are typically smaller and saltier because they are...packed in salt.

This brand looks very PATRICIAN

Look for tins with no BPA in the can lining. Good to go.

that's pretty metal

I haven't had sardines in like 10 years. How do you eat them again? Just put them on a cracker (any suggestions). What do you do with the bones.

1. toast a slice of bread or use a hard cracker
2. cover with avocado slices or guacamole
3. top with sardine(s)
4. shake a healthy dose of lemon-pepper on it
5. a bit of hot sauce
6. (optional toppings) cream cheese, tomato, onion, capers, lemon juice, sautéed garlic, etc

I like canned eel, too bad the macros are shit

Nice try at a rhetorical redefinition faggot.
Carcass for animal ---corpse for human. Stop pushing your morals on is superior omnivores.

I usually indulge in pic related.

I put out the spine and that's it, the rest of bones don't bother me, more calcium.
In my house we buy them fresh, clen them out of head, guts and spine to get the fillets, freeze them two days or so to kill all parasits and then put them in vinager (red, cider, white depending of your taste) for three hours or so. Then we rinse them, but them in a glass or ceramic container, cover them with olive oil, and add some minced garlic, parsley and salt, some times paprika. You can use a toast of good bread (sprinkled with olive oil and crushed tomatoe) and put them on top, or eat them alone as a brotein snack.

ty

wow this sounds awesome ty user

i'm not a total faggot because i really like these, specially the ones in tomato sauce, but i'm a bit faggot because the only way i can eat them is if i slice them up and debone them first

and?

lets all take a moment to appreciate the GOAT canned fish.

also

Love Wild Planet sardines. Sea captain-tier nutrition. Supposedly very high in arsenic too, which is bretty cool

eh, there's more arsenic in an apple

I'm paranoid about the bpa in cans. also they're deep fried so very oxidized, which means less nutrients and higher risk of cancer. I want to make my own but can't find a good source of fresh sardines. tried with frozen but it tasted nasty, way too fishy, even compared to store bought tins.

So good, but can get a little too salty sometimes.

I used to despine them, but lately I just eat the whole thing. If other fish can do it, so can I!

Any recommendations? Can the wild planet ones be esten straight out of the pack?

You faggots actually believe the BPA hype?

There's no appreciable quantity of free BPA monomer in any epoxy can linings, and there never was. Fucking tools and shills the lot of you.

BPA-epichlorohydrin copolymer is a common epoxy building block, the BPA is bound tightly in the resulting polymerization and it never leaves. You fucking massive faggots will buy anything the good goys in the media sell you. Jesus Christ.

Citation needed

Order a case in mustard online. It's cheap, and they keep.

Do you operate a sari-sari store or something?

>just got done eating sardines
>see this thread

Are we the only 2 Latvians on Veeky Forums?

My Grandma used to give these to me as a kid, for some reason I really liked them...

Haven't eaten them in probably 15 years.

I'm in Australia and have no idea where to get them

>cheap as fuck

Not where I live.

The real question is, in water or in olive oil?

Tastes about the same.

>I'm in Australia
Just do what the rest of us do and crack open a tinnie of tight gook puss. Leanest fish on the market, cunt.

I usually have trout or mackerel. Problem is:
>1,14 € / 100g mackerel
>0,54 € / 100g chicken breast

I just checked, sardines are actually somewhere around 60 cents / 100g, so very similar to chicken. I just can't find them without tons of oil or sauce.

Are you a fish?

kek

And no, I don't and I won't. Why should I if I can have pic related on a daily basis.

Oh I guess I'm the third one. The local farmer's fish market is gold tho.

What kind of beans asshole? Baked? Coffee? Garbonzo? There are a lot of beans.

""""(((olive oil)))""""

I like the fish itself, too bad the bones are too fucking annoying to bother with.
seriously, removing the flesh brings those little bone fragments that get stuck between teeth and gums.
any other way i can eat them? should I dump them in the food processor?

Just buy fillets if you don't like the look. Taste great smoked, way better than tuna.

he means the english bean

Good source of DHA.

>kippers
My only weakness

Share sum recipes brehs
I tried making fisherman's eggs but it was fucking rancid. I managed to eat about 3 of the 4 cans before giving up. I think it would be tasty on some crackers with a little cheese and Sriracha.

youtube.com/watch?v=BsvxQ01Oy8k
youtube.com/watch?v=9AgT9zqCmeM

These all look pretty tasty. Not sure about the macros

I mix them in with my oats.