Neck exercises

In wrestling you're not worth shit if you don't have a strong neck. So, if you guys want to build strong necks, just do fucking bridges. If you don't go handless immediately, there's literally no chance of anything going wrong

t. wrestler

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W_R5W0Apc_U
youtube.com/watch?v=u_5tcUgOYiI
youtube.com/watch?v=wjiZaCJ6tCA
youtu.be/1SnVJDt7jts
youtube.com/watch?v=W8OVBr2zxb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=W_R5W0Apc_U

solid video

Aren't neck bridges dangerous?

dangerous

What weight do you wrestle at and at what level

Bridges are the only neck exercise I do.

No
Wrestled at 119, state medalist, still wrestle as an assistant coach at 24, obo 160, and still do bridges

wut state

Wyoming

W-washington

what's your opinion on harnesses?

I do crunches with an emphasis on working my neck.

Hits very hard so it's enough for and especially better than concerning for my spine from bridges

Watched a bunch of videos saying bridges are bad. Should use bands and weights instead. No direct pressure on the spine.

OP here. Not American. Continental at senior level, heavier weights

That's shit

Weird. Same thing as bridges so you don't really need it. Just get 2 puzzle mats and bridge (start from the knees)

How frequently do you do neck bridges?

youtube.com/watch?v=u_5tcUgOYiI

>neck bigger than my thigh
fuck me please yes homo
jfc

Every day as a warmup. I'll do them for a few minutes. That and live wrestling is enough to stimulate your neck muscles

yes they are dangerous
youtube.com/watch?v=wjiZaCJ6tCA

Can confirm. Did wrestling for about 10 years, have a huge neck. Wrestled 135 and placed 3rd in AZ my senior year of high school.
...However, I do agree that rolling your neck on the ground probably isn't the best thing to be doing. Honestly when it comes to high school wrestling coaches and """physical therapists""" you're getting people who really don't know shit about the physical aspects of your body. In wrestling it's really not until you're at the Olympian level where all of the coaches and trainers really understand exactly what's going on and how to address specific issues beyond "Well if it hurts then don't use it for a few days, then try again!"

>Wrestled at 119
When will they learn?

That sounds good but it's neck advice coming from a necklet.

he at least suggested some good exercises. Gonna try em out. Will post results in a month if I remember

You must be really dumb to do bridges. This shit is dangerous as fuck.

lol @ all these dudes saying neck bridges are dangerous. I did them for four years and have 0 neck problems.

until you make one mistake and you're dead or paralysed

any benefit to headstands? I included them in my gymnastics practices until I mastered the handstand but im wondering if i should bring headstands back now

OP here. You just don't do them if you've got a neck strain or some kind of an injury. You can just post on your hands and do them like that, minimizing the chance of injury

Headstands = shoulders, arms, core

thanks for vid user, foreal

oh uhm uh

Jeff knows his shit. I got a shoulder impingement from doing upright rows and he has a video on a better excercise and how to relieve the pain of the impingement. His videos show how to make safe gains so you don't fuck up your shit

I hate to point this out, but this guy's neck is tiny as fuck. I don't actually even know why he's talking about alternatives, since they clearly don't work (or he doesn't even do them himself).

whats the alternative to upright rows?

I can respect his cautionary video, but his words would have more weight if he actually looked like he did the exercises and they were successful.

those alternatives are the most popular choice and known to be safe and effective. i have never heard of bridges before.

literally thousands of idiot high school kids do them daily during the wrestling season. I have never heard about a kid getting hurt from them. Have heard about a kid getting soddomised for not making it to state though, shits fucked up.

lmao guys just do a bunch of cleans

>lay on back
>upper back-head hanging off bench
>blowjobs with a plate on forehead

I do these at home, because i don't dare do them in the gym. Theyve worked pretty well so far. I went from having a pencil neck to my neck being in line with my ears from the front.

youtu.be/1SnVJDt7jts

My delts and traps got fucking huge quickly from upright rows and people were convinced I was roiding but after 3 months of them I fucked up my shoulder which set me back about 2 months

Well the guy is a physical therapist for athletes. Not as concerned with getting a thicc neck as he is with maintaining his overall health

Elaborate on said kid.

Do you guys do more upper or leg strength workouts?

He says everything is dangerous. The only way you can not snap your shit up is if you buy his program.

>"wtf are you doing man"
"WEIGHTED LYING GHOST BLOWJOBS THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND I HAVE A SET TO FINISH SO TOODLES"

Why do people get on here spouting off about them being dangerous without providing any info as to why. It's almost as if their very word alone is the final verdict and the thought of actually providing any basis for their point of view is preposterous.

Either give evidence or fuck off. Evidence not anecdotes.

I'll write it from his perspective and just guess the details
>Be hick kid in rural wisconsin
>Wrestle from age of three on
>win Wisconsin triple crown a few times before high school
>first year of high school
>go to one of the best AA schools in wisconsin for wrestling (smaller school for those who don't know)
>have a pretty good season
>team has an amazing season, dominate sections and go to state as a team
>individual sections come
>dad, guys on your team and grandfather will all ridicule you and call you a pussy if you fuck anything up.
>lose one match to a guy who is worse than you because of nerves early in tournament
>go as hard as you can and make it back for a match for second place
>lose by one point
>depressed because everyone hates you now, even your mom thinks you're a loser
>your team is going to state though
>stay after school to bleach your hair with the rest of the team
>go into the wrestling room sort of secluded in the basement
>guys are goofing off, you don't see any bleach
>they see you and grab you, all laughing
"get the broom!"
>you think its just a joke (wrestlers are gay as fuck, we'd fake this shit everyday before practice)
>you tell them to stop joking and get off of you
>they spread your ass cheeks
>it dawns on you just before it happens
>18 year old Chad weighing 280 shoves the broom up the asshole of a 100 lbs manlet 14 year old
>entire team cheers as you start to cry
They all got kicked out of the state tournament, but nothing beyond that happened to them as punishment. Dude is probably a chad himself now, as a captain of the team, worshiped by everyone at the school, only to continue the cycle of toxic masculinity.

his nervous shifting makes me cringe. What an Autist

This. Handling weight near your neck a bunch works it out. I've gotten neck doms from doing front squats and overhead presses before.

whats your neck circumference

This is so fucking American, lol.

>HE DUN HAVE UH BIG YOKE SO HE DUN KNAW SHIT! YEEHAW!

You wouldn't take financial advice from a bankrupt person.

Wrestled in high school myself and a bit in college, ended up floating around 170-190lbs competition weight at various weight classes for the majority of my career. I have never known neck bridges to be the initial cause of neck discomfort. That being said I have known neck bridges to agitate existing neck pain, but that's not saying much imo. With that being said I will say my neck, at its prime, was never overly huge but it did have a very satisfactory thickness to it that people did comment on.

If you all want sick neck gains without the fear of this seemingly unproven "neck bridges are dangerous meme" though I suggest grabbing a strong buddy and collar tying each other. Hell, just take up wrestling or grappling in general and learn a useful skill.

I am a necklet that started BJJ. I tried neck bridges but had neck and head pain after it. So I made this 3 times per week
1. Exercises for neck from Steve Maxwell's Joint Mobility.
2. 3 sets of 15-20 reps of weighted neck curls, side curls and neck extensions like this
youtube.com/watch?v=W8OVBr2zxb4
3. Neck planks from knees for each side, usually 1-2 sets of 30-40 seconds
My neck has grown and become stronger.

If it was a person who got rich from his efforts and then became bankrupt, they might have some good insight on what not to do. And within sports there's plenty of DYEL-looking people coaching successful athletes despite never being a successful at the sport themselves. Some physiotherapists can be completely out of touch with what actually works due to being too academic-focused. The general point is that you can't exclude the possibility of good fitness advice coming from people who don't seem to do it themselves and you can't trust everyone giving smart sounding advice either.
I don't presume to know what the proportion of either type of error is so I am somewhat skeptical toward everyone. So I am not going to trust either OP or Jeff here.

I fail to see how this is unique to America
T.britbong

same for heavy weights desu