Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f9flCcKLik8
symmetricstrength.com/standards#/80/kg/male/-
instagram.com/p/5kwxLxKqNB/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

for normal fags yeah

for anyone else no

Not if you weigh 150kg.

It depends on who youre trying to impress. It's more than 95% of all people will ever lift, but to people who take strength training seriously it's not that much

200 kg dl for someone

only ever encountered 1 person irl who can dl more than that so youre doing pretty good

Deadlifting 120kg will make you hardcore in the eyes of most normies, 200kg will make you a god. If you are trying to impress actual weightlifters that's another story

I'm, a skeleton doing 120kg deadlifts and in my gym people always stare, since I'm the only one who actually deadlifts. Plenty of huge guys there but none of them squat/ohp/deadlift, just bench press and machines.

Not really

I'd say yes, unless you weigh over 100kgs or train in some powerlifting gym.

70kg*

If you hike up your shorts like that, you're a fag.

I thought I was just being paranoid when I got past 3pl8 I always felt people were staring.
Then on my first attempt at 4pl8 I had a guy and his girlfriend ask me if I could really lift that. I ended up failing the lift, but the guy said that I reminded him of Hugh Jackman and was impressed that he saw the barbell was bending on my way up.

So yeah, 200kg is impressive.

Yes, it is.
>95%
You're wildly underestimating it. 99.99% would be more correct.
An 80 kg male deadlifting that much (x1 rep) is a candidate to compete in strength-related sports.

I deadlifted 3 plate the other and an old man stood there with mouth agape staring at me, when i finished he came to me and said he never saw anyone do anything so crazy and dangerous in his life

>An 80 kg male deadlifting that much (x1 rep) is a candidate to compete in strength-related sports.

Alright, you're laying it on a bit too thick.

For women that fit in a sub-SHW weight class, yes, it's impressive.
youtu.be/f9flCcKLik8

If you have working balls, 200kg is barely out of DYEL territory.

Unless, ofcourse you don't lift for strength, but then why the fuck are you asking if your lifts are impressive?

>tfw dont actually have working balls
>tfw left testicle is smaller than right and produces less of just about eveyrhting

still have a 210kg deadlift

keep lifting boys

she has more testosterone than most men though

Yes it is, unless you weigh 100kg or more

Can I be proud of my 120 kgs for 4 reps at 61 kgs? I had power for fifth rep, but my left hand grip failed me.

I'd assume this is bait, but I know too many people at my gym who actually think like this.

People who actually get depressed, instead of getting inspired, when somebody outlifts them.
It's gone to the point where I sometimes switch around my lifts, so I won't hear those pencil-neck, limp dicked faggots complain when I warm up with 8-12 reps of the liftime PR they just failed.

Seriously, these are people who think a 120kg pendley row is too heavy to even attempt, instead of a set of 5 on a normal day.
They think that a 100kg deadlift is impressive for a normal man, while my 55kg wife deadlifts 100kg for sets of 3 on her bad days.

Whenever I mention that Jennifer Thompson's competition bench and deadlift PRs are my bare minimum, and I do not feel like a man if a 43 year old, drug tested, 132lbs woman outlifts me, they start finding excuses, instead of manning up and setting proper goals.

These people are beyond saving.

At what point is a deadlift impressive in a) a commercial gym?
b) a powerlifting/hardcore gym?

That's an excuse.
My test levels were tested at 403ng/dL
I still manage to bench 145kg, deadlift 225kg, squat 205kg (high bar ATG is stuck at 165kg, though), while walking around at 102.5-102.8 kg.

Commercial? 4pl8
Strength gym? It's never good enough

>At what point is a deadlift impressive in a) a commercial gym?
At the point where you actually deadlift more than you weigh.
Seriously, it's that low.
>b) a powerlifting/hardcore gym?
Anything over double BW is decent, but to be impressive to a hardcore lifter, you need to match up to the greats.
3xBW, or anything above 800lbs is actually impressive.

>TFW my local gym had a 73kg dude who sumo'd 220kg for a triple
>fucked at least 3 diffrent girls in the martial arts training room, even though he was a manlet
>Stopped lifting, when the 3rd one got pregnant
>haven't seen or heard of him since

>tfw 68kg but can conventional DL 230kg
>my 110kg "powerlifter" buddy is smug because he outlifts me at 250 using sumo stance
normies are fucking cancer

umaruposting should be banned

My 1rm DL is 260kg (triple bodyweight)
I get a lot of comments from random guys in the gym, even had a gym employee ask to film me a few months ago.

the highest I've seen anyone else do is 4.5plate for one rep, and he was fat as hell

Maybe you should stop being such a fucking twink and show him. Also, conventional/sumo is all about your proportions and if you don't do the one you're best suited to you're a fucking retard.

>68 kg
you're a fucking auschwitz skeleton, strength=size is such a meme. bet your arms are sub 15"

yes you're amazing

something similar occurs to me, both when I deadlift 150 kg x 3 and when I deadlift 128 kg x 5

except that I'm getting these reactions from actual 30~40 yo gym rats

>People who actually get depressed, instead of getting inspired, when somebody outlifts them.
There's some pretty heavy projection going on here.
A 200 kg deadlift is impressive, no matter your cherry-picking of elite-level professionists who devoted their own life to this.
I don't give a flying fuck about how much someone else' is lifting, I compare with myself and I'm glad if someone's doing good.
>It's gone to the point where I sometimes switch around my lifts, so I won't hear those pencil-neck, limp dicked faggots complain when I warm up with 8-12 reps of the liftime PR they just failed.
Ah ok, you're an angsty larper.

I'm sure you do, please post body or better yet vid.

I'm dyel beginner, how do I know which one is right for me?

I'm 197cm 110kg 30%bf

>200KG at 80kg
>competing in strenght sports
come on

I don't know, maybe play around with both and see which suits you better?

>200kg impressiv
Maybe for DYEL normies
For an normal weight male who actually trains for strenght its an OK lift not more not less...

>symmetricstrength.com/standards#/80/kg/male/-
>At this level, the individual is among the strongest in an average commercial gym. Many in this category compete in strength sports.

Sure
please post body or better yet vid of a deadlift of yours.

usually taller lifters do the conventional DL and shorter lifters do sumo.

I would say that coming around diddling between 3 to 4 times of your own body weight is really impressive no matter the circumstances.

No he isn't, an u80kg lifter with a 200kg deadlift could compete in a novice strongman comp if he's reasonably fit and athletic. Probably wouldn't win, but he'd be a credible competitor.

No need to get personal... what I posted is a fact a 200kg deadlift at 80-90 kilo will put you not even close to the upper middle in any local meet its by definition an OK lift and achievable for nearly any normal sized, healthy, male in a matter of a couple years if you actually train for strength...its like saying a 22min 5k is impressic for casual normies it might be but for any serious runner its laughable
this

can you explain why? honestly curious

K I'll stick with conventional then. Thx dude

has to do with leverages and most taller guys are built for the conventional DL because they tend to have longer arms and shorter torso (compared to their height) which is better for conventional.

it can be different for certain tall people for example if your lower back is weak you might pull more sumo but assuming you have an average build and no muscular imbalances conventional should be better for tall people. if you want you could also look up the IPF, almost anybody in the higher weightclasses does conventional and mostly shorter/lighter guys or women do sumo.

conventional is much easier than sumo, faggot. idiots like you saying that sumo is easier made me switch to it for some time and it never got anywhere close to my conventional

>no vid nor pic
>loads of bullshits
color me surprised.

>that pic
Why do grills always sumo?

It all depends. If you're strength training then it's not overly impressive if you've been training a few years. I mean, I'm still in skelly mode and have only been lifting 6 months seriously and I can do 120kg for 5x5 or 4x8.

If you're training for mass/aesthetics, then it's simply about progressive overload. Sure, you're still technically training for strength as a side effect, so will quickly reach an "impressive" weight, but if say you started only being able to lift the empty bar, and got to say 100 or even 80kg, you'll still be seeing decent gains assuming you're eating properly.

Biggest that I've seen was 365 kg at the same gym. Guy was pretty roided up and with a belt he looked like he was about to snap in half form the waist. It was pretty impressive, when the weight dropped the gym was shaking

I guess my 450 at 150 is impressive

I am the skeleton

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture

Whoever wrote this copy pasta thinking it was funny is the very definition of Autistic virgin.

Always yes

Wider hips help with a wider stance.

Bullshit. Has more to do with the proportions. Shorter femurs allow for a more upright starting position and thus less stress on the hip, which is usually the weakest position.

tfw only 285lb x 5

>DYEL normies

99.8% of people are dyel normies who don't deadlift 200kg

60kg*

We're all gonna make it brah

I do sumo because I cant get comfortable with conventional. It just feels so wrong to my back and legs

I'm a big guy that doesn't deadlift, literally never went above 3pl8
I can OHP 2pl8 and bench 3.5 pl8 though ;^)

Taking off your trip to post this reply still makes you a faggot

why do powerlifting fanboys always sound like jason blaha and not realize that a) most of the population doesn't train DL due to snap risk b) it doesn't carry over that far into full body strength as they'd like to believe

At 30% BF cardio is the right thing for you

i deadlifted 200kg at 77kg and i dont look impressive at all

so no

its shit

OP - for a woman, 200kg would be a good pull.

You could complete in local meets and not come last but you wouldn't be setting national records till like 250+kg

sumo dosnt count

2x bodyweight and above is good

1/2/3/4 impresses people who don't go to the gym.

2/3/4/5 impresses people who do go to the gym.

3/4/5/6 impresses anyone, period.

>anything over double bw is decent

Literally any twink with a pulse can do that in 6 months. I can DL 345x5 at ~160 after bulking from 135. Stopped bulking as hard for summer or else i'd be at 360 or so.

that's actually really good. 2x bodyweight is nothing impressive but 3x definitely is

this. i bulked 3 months from 120 to 150 and can dl 380x5

200kg is what I would consider on the later end of "beginner" level. I wouldn't even give you a second glance at the gym until you're pulling 6.5 plates.

>3 plate ohp
People who OHP 3plates can throw a 4 plate bench to the roof. Something like 2/3.5/5/6 is more realistic, but who the fuck trains for powerlifting and maxes out arbitrarily on OHP?

this. i bulked from 115 to 125 and I can DL 405 for 6

Bahahahahahahaha

Yeah that ratio is off at that point... The 3 people who ive seen ohp 3pl8 all bench 500+

Since this is the official DL thread I wanna ask for some help.

I have been lifting for almost 2 months now and I seem to be stuck on 185 lb, I'm a 6'4 lanket that weights jsut a bit more than 185lb and I'm on a bulk right now (2400cals) and I seem to be stuck on this weight(I have done 1x5 DL with 185lb the past 2 weeks) I already tried deloading, but for some reason I just can't go on.
If I add 5 lbs I feel like my vision blurs and I'm about to blackout.

Any Ideas on how to stop being so weak?

Give diet pls

ok player. Either you suck at sumo which takes a little bit of time to adjust to or you suck in general. Post a video.

50kg female*

>a) a commercial gym?
>b) a powerlifting/hardcore gym?

It doesn't scale even close to that you dumb cunt.

In a commercial gym deadlifting at all is an anomaly, don't let faggots on here warp your brain, people unironically start noticing at like lmao3pl8 anywhere outside a powerlifting gym.

>It depends on who youre trying to impress

What I only care about impressing girls?

>If you don't set national/international/olympic records then your lifts aren't impressive
>in local meets people set national records
>in local meets you'll find that 0.001%

>meme metrics

>10 pl8s

Jeremy Hamilton aka couch
instagram.com/p/5kwxLxKqNB/

Eat more, 2400 cals is bullshit. I'm a 5'7 manlet at like 150lbs and I eat more than you at maintenance.

>leg drive
discarded