There was literally a roman emperor called Philip the Arab

>there was literally a roman emperor called Philip the Arab
so why do people argue that rome didn't have black emperors again?

Other urls found in this thread:

cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(17)30276-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Finally, a good thread

not white but not black either

Go ahead, come to germany and tell some guy on the street he's a nigger. We've got pretty good hospitals here so you'll probably live.

Ethnicity of the Roman Emperors:

-Augustus - Roman Italian (born at Velitrae, southeast of Rome)
-Tiberius - Roman Italian
-Gaius "Caligula" - Roman Italian (born at Antium)
-Claudius - Roman Italian (born at Lugdunum in Gaul)
-Nero - Roman Italian (born at Antium)
-Galba - Roman Italian
-Otho - Etruscan
-Vitellius - unknown, presumably Italian
-Vespasian - Sabine Italian.
-Titus - Sabine Italian.
-Domitian - Sabine Italian.
-Nerva - Italian.
-Trajan - Spanish. with some distant Italian ancestry.
-Hadrian - Spanish, with some distant Italian ancestry.
-Antoninus Pius - Gaulish (born in Latium)
-Marcus Aurelius - Gaulish and Spanish
-Commodus - Gaulish and Spanish (born in Rome)
-Pertinax - unknown (family of slave origins)
-Julianus - unknown, probably Roman Italian
-Albinus - Italian
-Pescennius Niger - Roman Italian
-Septimius Severus - Carthaginian and Celtic
-Caracalla - Carthaginian, Celtic, and Syrian
-Macrinus - Italian (family had settled in Punic Africa)
-Elagabalus - Syrian
-Severus Alexander - Syrian
-Maximinus Thrax - probably Dacian (supposedly Thracian and Sarmatian)
-The Gordiani - unknown (probably mixed Italian, African, and Asian)
-Philip the Arab - Mesopotamian or Syrian Arab
-Decius - Illyrian or Pannonian (born at Budalia near Sirmium)
-Trebonianus Gallus - Perusian Etruscan
-Aemilian - Mauretanian
-Valerian - unknown
-Gallienus - unknown
-Claudius Gothicus - Illyrian
-Aurelian - Moesian
-Tacitus and Florian - unknown, possibly Italian or Danubian
-Probus - Illyrian or Pannonian (born at Sirmium)
-Carus - probably Gaulish and Greek (born at Narbo)
-Carinus and Numerian - probably Gaulish and Greek
-Diocletian - Dalmatian Illyrian
-Maximian - probably Illyrian or Pannonian
-Carausius - Menapian Gaul
-Constantius Chlorus - Moesian or Dacian
-Galerius - Dacian
-Severus II - Danubian
-Maxentius - Danubian and Syrian
-Constantine I and his sons - Moesian

>Pescennius Niger
>Niger
so why do people argue that rome didn't have black emperors again?

well, he's an arab, hes not black as in SSA african, and his skin would be some shade of brown to white, probably a shade of brown.
I thought there was one racially SSA emperor though. Also philip the arab wasnt an emperor was he?

>all these non roman emperors
It’s literally le 56% and rapidly declining face Roman edition

>-Claudius Gothicus - Illyrian
My ancestor :)

>Caracalla - Carthaginian, Celtic, and Syrian

La creatura...

It's wrong. He was Italian, not celtic

>I thought there was one racially SSA emperor though

You're thinking of Septimius Severus

>Septimius Severus (/səˈvJrəs/; Latin: Lucius Septimius Severus Augustus;[4] 11 April 145 – 4 February 211), also known as Severus, was Roman emperor from 193 to 211. Severus was born in Leptis Magna in the Roman province of Africa.

Macrinus was berber

caracalla was italian with noted syrian ancestry and possibly punic or berber

It was a nickname like Franky the bull, or Jimmy poz loads.

>begin with Italians, everything goes well
>barbarians become emperor, everything goes to shit
Proof that Italians are the true master race.

>Best Emperors were Spanish

And Italian. Worst tended to be creaturas...

>Commodus
>Nero
>Caligula
>Tiberius

Hadrian looks stereotypically Iberian to be honest.

Why so many Syrians?

What's the difference between Sabine Italian and Italian?

In the beginning Italian peninsula had various ethnicities who had their own identities and spoke their own language. There were Romans, who were latins, Etruscans, Sabines, Samnites etc. Later all of them came under Roman domination and became Romanized, and lost their identities.

Because arabs aren't black you stupid fuck.

Sabines spoke Umbrian.
Romans spoke Latin
Samnites spoke Oscan
Etruscans spoke an unique language which is yet to be identified.

>Marcus Aurelius - Gaulish and Spanish

I find that hard to believe when he was born in rome.

Why not?

Some Italian Emperor born in Lybia fucked a Syrian woman and this led to 3 Emperors being part Syrian. Asma Al Assad is a good exemple of how Syrians looked back then before mixing with niggers and Arabs. Compare her to the bust of Julia Domna.

I wake up before sunrise and immediately offer prayers to Krishna, then I do pranam to the deity of the sun, Surya, as the sun slowly rises from the horizon, next proceed to a shower, clean my teeth using a Neem twig.

I then face either north or east on a pure sheet positioned on pure grounds, that remains undisturbed by any other object or article. I take 3 sippings of holy water and proceed to put on my forehead, bosom and tow arms a round mark of red powder (tilak). I then meditate on brahman itself for several minutes, before bowing and chanting mantras to the murtis of 5 deities (namely Vishnu, Shiva, Ganesh, Devi and Surya, also known as Panchayatana puja) as a means to raise to higher planes of the swinging pendulum of birth to death to rebirth (in order to the avoid duldrums of lower planes of existence which ulitmately distract the finite brain from contemplation of atman and brahman).

I've read the Vedas and Upanishads 108 times already and can recite Puranas off by heart, all in their original sanskrit. I've also studied the systems of logic from Nyaya, veered off into the Nastika metaphysics of Nagarjuna's Mulamadhyamakakarika, Advaita and Dvaita systems of ontology, the mathematics of Aryabhatta and countless Sutras on all topics and fields.

I avoid all tamasic foods and activities and try to avoid maya (worldly pleasures and attachments) as much as possible, as such all I own is an saffron shawl and i spoil all morsels of food with drops of water, to dull the taste (attachment to sensory pleasures only leads to misery and suffering). I do this because the entire material universe is a merely a distraction from reuniting the soul with the unknowable, infinite and immutable mind that underlies everything one materially senses. I haven't deliberately looked at a woman in 3 years (let alone touched or spoken to one) and I subsist solely off of begging for alms.

Shes fucking syrian?
Jesus she could pass as european easy.

>Italian Emperor born in Lybia

Septimius Severus was Punic

His mother was Roman.

fpbp

>how Syrians looked back then before mixing with niggers and Arabs.
Syrians are arabs though?

That is disputed: there is only one MODERN source stating that (Birley 1999), largely based on pure speculation. We only know that his father belonged to a noble equestrian family who often married in other noble families from Italy proper, while his mother was from Tusculum.

Amerimutt education

So what are they?

No proper Arabs are from Yemen and other Gulf countries. They are largely dark skinned due to adaptation to desert lifestyle. Old Syrians had a different origin and many were of mixed Greek, Anatolian and Caucasian origin with no nigger blood. Their upper class was Euro looking for sure.

Have you been to Syria or any neighbouring Levantine countries?

Marcus' family originated in Ucubi, a small town southeast of Córdoba in Iberian Baetica.

>Butthurt shitskin spotted.

Why do the dumbest people often speak so boldly? You're on a history board yet all you've done is post opinions without evidence. Do you have no shame or self awareness?

Yes, Leptis Magna which was located in modern day Libya in North Africa.

Syrians existed as a people thousands of years before arabs started invading the region. They were culturally assimilated (language, religion and so on), but they were not all exterminated and replaced with arabs as you would like to believe. Same goes for egyptians, iraqis, north african countries etc

>You're on a history board yet all you've done is post opinions without evidence.
Not the user you are replying to, but neither have you.

>look mom I posted it again

Cool, I didn't know blacks were Kings of Rome.

Does the gentleman in the pic you posted look look a nig?

Syria was one of the richest regions in the Roman Empire and losing Syria is what crippled the medieval Roman Empire permanently.

cool to see how diverse rome was

>Tiberius
>Bad
Nice meme

La Creatura…

wrong sweetie, that would be egypt

OP here, suprised this thread took. I guess all you need to do it put "x is black" on a Veeky Forums thread to provoke thoughtful discussion

all of those ethnicities look racially the same though

>Carthaginian
Doesn't exist anymore. Genocided.

>Rome was the 56% face of antiquity
Need anymore proof that America is the modern day Roman Empire?

KYS retard

>HURR DURR

Sabine/Roman meant that they could trace their family to that specific city/region, "Italian" meant that they don't know where the family originates but was most likely in the province. Only a few of the patrician families could or cared to trace their origin to the actual founding of Rome (or even Alba Longa), most of them came from the surrounding cities after being conquered/incorporated.

Except that's complete fucking bullshit because genetic tests specifically testing for phenotype found that ancient Levantines were actually slightly darker than modern Levantines.

Severus's native language was Punic and he spoke Latin with a thick Punic accent.

>conquer three-quarters of the known world
>expect every emperor to come from the same original region when no emperor was fucking smart enough to establish a stable line or law of succession
at least in Rome it makes sense. we didn't conquer shit in the US yet we are being invaded by shitskins

>were actually slightly darker than modern Levantines.
why has it changed?

my bad, meant to reply to

That wasn't determined. In any case it's a minor difference to begin with. They mostly looked the same.
cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(17)30276-8
> SNPs associated with phenotypic traits showing that Sidon_BA and the Lebanese had comparable skin, hair, and eye colors (in general: light intermediate skin pigmentation, brown eyes, and dark hair) with similar frequencies of the underlying causal variants in SLC24A5 and HERC2, but with Sidon_BA probably having darker skin than Lebanese today from variants in SLC45A2 resulting in darker pigmentation

>we didn't conquer shit in the US
lul

[citation needed]

>there was literally a roman general named Scipio the African
so why do people argue that rome didn't have chinese generals again?

>purchase
>purchase
>settlement
Wow, some conquest

>ywn live in a USA without niggers and spics

>USA without niggers
Never existed

>looked back then
A ton of modern Syrian refugees still easily pass as Southern Europeans.

>South Slav
>Illyrian

I've been to Lebanon and I saw no difference between them and Italians or Greeks.

t. leb diaspora

this is quite silly
t. ancient historian

This hasto be explained every time, fucken ell

This study is Lebanese propaganda. Look at the names of the authors and who funded the study.

Stop quoting that retard of Birley for Christ sake. That BBC tier nonsense like the Black Romans in Britain. There is zero evidence that Severus had Punic ancestry.

Didn't Romans sell the entire Carthage population to slavery?

>this mad because Rome had a black emperor

Because it’s phillip the arab not phillip the nigger

Arabs hadnt conquered syria yet you fucking brainlet

Yeah it’s not like we fought civilized Mexican and Spanish armies, defeated them, and then claimed their territory as spoils? That’s not conquest, that’s just some friendly banter followed by some friendly colonization of former Spanish/Mexican land, silly of us to forget the American double standard .