Gym only has machines

>gym only has machines
>try to build routine around those, make some decent progress
>Acquire some good mass, 180cm 84kg 14%bf
Finally I get my hands on some concrete plates and a non standard bar as well as a bench
>can only bench about 40kg
At least that's what I assume. If my weights are calibrated correctly then in total they are 34kg but I don't know the weight of my bar as it isn't a standard one so I doubt it is 20kg. How the fuck am I so weak for my height/weight? As I said the weights are those shitty bumper plates that are made of concrete encased in plastic. Could they be calibrated incorrectly or am I just a weak piece of shit?
Pic related, what the weights look like.

>180cm 84kg 14%bf
>40kg Bench

Either your scale is broken or you are greatly underestimating your bf% user

Im the exact same height, about 15% bf and I weigh 69kg, can bench 50kg, that extra weight you have is not muscle lmao

meant for

Just train again in two days, I guarantee you will be able to do 2.5kg more
Your actual problem is what will you do once your strength surpasses the max weight you actually have

Machines take out shitloads of the effort.

This is probably the first time you've ever had to stabilise the bar as well as perform the exercise.

That's... remarkably weak OP. So much so it's abnormal for an adult male. Have you ever done strenuous exercise before? Do you have regular problems with fatigue?

The only reason its odd is because he says he's been working out for a while before obtaining his weights.

Everyone starts somewhere.

I think the main problem is OP is severely underestimating body fat %.

An adult male that can only bench 88 lbs? That's less than a regular bar and a 25 lb plate on each side. Unless he's an emaciated 5'5 kid who's in the gym for the first time ever, it isn't normal. I almost wonder if OP has a severe testosterone deficiency or a congenital mitochondrial issue.

he has probably just never worked out before and has probably been lifting for 3 months or so is my guess.

I'm 190, weigh 78 and bench 80kg. Your extra weight isn't muscles dear sir

If he's been lifting 3 months than that's even worse. This is truly, remarkably weak. Concerningly so. OP, can you do push-ups?

Man when I started lifting I could bench 60kg with clean form. I was 14. An adult male should be able to bench AT LEAST his bodyweight without strength training.

Can't bench it at all or got killed by reps? I started week ago, took 40 kilos and failed the ninth rep.

>An adult male should be able to bench AT LEAST his bodyweight without strength training

I wouldn't go that far. I didn't stroll into the gym and put up 220 on the first day. Even when I weighed 170 it took some conditioning.

>I can OHP 42 kg 5x5 with clean form
>Cant bench more than 50 kg 5x5 and even then i have sets where i cant get the full 5 reps in

What the fuck am i doing wrong, i i weight 64kg at 5'7. Working out for around 2 months

You doing these on the same day?

Nope. I do them on seperate workouts (i do full body 3x a week). But i always start with these tho.

Delusional manlet detected.

Weak chest. Substitute the barbell for dumbbell bench 2/3 of the time.

lmao what? people who dont lift love to say how much they can bench, most people would say they could lift 135 easily, I severely doubt they could

Pic related
I can do it for reps and sets easy but I don't think I can go much heavier weight wise

Also could it be that I'm just not used to barbells yet having only used machines in the past? I only got my barbell a few days ago

I'm weak as well, do you feel your chest when you do exercises? To me it grows but I feel only my arms after benching, never the chest

Sometimes but not massively. I agree that I feel it more in my arms but often I just don't feel it at all afterwards. i struggle to get it up in the moment and of course you feel it then but after the set I don't feel anything. Like i could go on indefinitely so long as the weight stayed the same.

I'm 180cm at 77kg and can bench 80kg. Get your test level checked out.

it's kinda inacurrate, it showed 6% for me and I have 8,1% measured at the nutricionist ,more than 30% more than the formula

When I started lifting half a year ago I could only bench 30 kg.

This is the correct answer. I could push 230lbs on a """"bench press""" machine for reps back when I had a shitty gym and no other options. Gym finally got an actual barbell and bench and I found I could barely get 185lbs up. Machines are a joke.

>thinking this calculator is in any way accurate

It has a picture of a heart doin ohp for fucks sake,
Post pics of your body.

how much do you bench now user ?

60kg for 5, dunno about 1rm

add tricep work.tricep is the secondary muscle when working chest.i hit my triceps hard when i was stuck at 60kg bench.i broke through the plateau and now at 90kg some months after.q

>he doesn't put his heart into every exercise
How do you expect to make it?

exercising on machines is not the same as using barbells user, welcome to real exercise

Using a machine chest press does not translate to flat bench press, I'd imagine it's the stabilising muscles that are the weak link here.