What made you start lifting?

Someone said I looked like this guy and I started lifting the next day.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ldIwEG9xQ-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol I've been called that too

i long for a life of discipline and dignity.
probably because my father is such a massive disappointment.

No that was just because your wife died

Was sexually assaulted by a fatty that used to regular Veeky Forums. Therapist told me it was heavy emotional baggage. Gotta get big so I can carry heavy. Then it won't feel so heavy... Right?

>The heavier is not the weight, but our feels, user.

She dumped me

Don't ask me why

Life was getting out of my control and my heart condition was really making life hard. Lifting fixed my heart problem and helped me stride in shitty circumstance.

Little brother wanted to get buff. Asked me for advice, thought join gym so looked up routines for him but he's under 18 couldn't join on his own. Joined one and go with him. Now we both getting swole.

Got cucked

same, someone called me skinny

When she went with the retarded nearly homeless fit guy instead of the average physique but good everything else guy, me.

Alternatively i want to be the LeBron of my team.

Realized I was happy about everything in my life except my body.

A few months of browsing Veeky Forums implanted lots of memes and motivation in my head.

Friend took me when I started college so I could lose weight and get chicks. I stopped working out as soon as I got a girlfriend though. Started again a few years later cause it was fun.

i wanted to

I made friends with a jacked guy and when we were hanging out I realized genuinely hot women would sort of start to orbit us and a few would just directly approach him these were things that I never even knew were real it was then I realized I needed to get big

Depression and anger

ow the edge

Hai Yo

Some dude in my highschool was quite ripped. I chat with him time to time.I discover Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums in the meantime and then I start lifting. I quit two times after two months. I hope this time I won't bail.

>I hope this time I won't bail
Remember you're not doing this for anybody but yourself, you decide.

Going to lakes with family friends and them calling me skinny, even though they are all fat and don't take care of themselfs. Went from 122 lbs to 162 lbs in a year and half, Can't wait for this summer!!! :)

I just want to the difference.

sundome is patrice

>le niceguy meme

Got bored and said fuck it

Hated playing sports but loved training.

I want to get to a point where I can turn down the girls that would reject the old me.

I also want to succeed in every area of my life for the same reason.

I truly have to thank women for giving me god tier motivation, If I had never felt the pain of their rejection. I would have never been able to grow.
Don't get me wrong, I still want a wife and kids, but I want to reject thots.

Bwf. I simply think that you can get the a lot of value out if for only a few hours a week and a little bit of pain.

You will:
> become healthier
> rise up in social status
> become strong enough that you do not have to fear physical fights while others fear you.
> rise up in social status aslong as you dont become too big.
> become more confident
> be able to release anger in a healthy way.
> learn how to persevere through pain and become naturally disciplined.
> Get girls

My dad introduced me to the gym when i was 12
I was fucking about for 2 years untill i heard the grill i had been on and off with found someone else
Couldnt find sleep untio i went to the gym and trained my brains out.
Never been so serious about something ever since

>get rejected by a qt
>start lifting
>bump into qt after about a year of lifting
>asks if I have been working out lately
>get her number
>fuck her the next week and never talk to her again
I dont even feel bad about it

Whats up with all the cucks in here lifting for and because of girls. Makes me sad desu

Hitting 100kg of body weight. I cut and then started to lift so I could maintain the lean look

My parents already had a family gym membership, but I never went. One spring, the weather started to get warmer and I unpacked and started wearing shorts that I hadn't worn since the previous summer. The shorts were uncomfortably tight, so I decided to start going to the gym to lose the weight I had put on in the winter. That was a few years ago, and I've since needed to buy clothes the next size smaller

Towards the end of my eighth-grade year, the football coach from the high school held an assembly for all the boys. He told us about how during the summer before our first year of high school, we could come to the high school weight room and lift in the morning. I figured that since I was already fat, I should at least lift so I can claim to be strong. I'm 24 now and haven't stopped lifting since. Honestly couldn't imagine life without the weight room.

>mfw she dumped me now I'm out of her league.

>tfw 22 year old virgin
I'm a closeted gay with a great face and decent frame/height, I plan to come out in 2018 so I'm working towards a decent body so I can pick an attractive guy with a good personality to take my virginity and be my bf forever.

every time people hear my age they say "what? you look like a 16 year old"

it was either commit suicide or start lifting and hopefully in 5 years people wont make fun of me to my face anymore, haha

To be attractive. It's not really about women though.

Got into Weight training for rowing, hated it but it got me a qt3.14, quit rowing and got skinny and she dumped me, been in the gym ever since.

Didn't get any attention or feel any desire from girls

Still working on it though

this is the best reason in this whole thread

>Had really bad jumpers knee when I was a kid, couldn't run on anything other than grass
>Tennis elbow from baseball
>Blew my rotator cuff out
>Slap tear
>3 metal hooks and 2 years of my life later
>Still can't do exercise because of constant back pain
>Can't run or bend
>Physio told me I needed to put on more muscle mass to stop these soft tissue injuries

Never looked back. Back rarely hurts, some days I can throw a baseball like I used to, can dunk again, was told by the time I was 40 I wouldn't be able to buckle my seat belt with my shoulder if I did nothing, now I feel like a functional person.

Being fat and bullied as a kid
I can clean twice your bodyweight Josh you fucking doughboy, suck my dick

Sameish but 19 with a pretty average face and I'm a manlet. At least I'm smart and not hopelessly autistic, I guess?

I was 15 and watched Mad Max 2 for the first time since I was a kid. In the "we go in" scene, Wez climbs up some railing. Realized I wouldn't be able to do that, felt ashamed.
Thats literally the whole story.

tried to lost weight cause i was skinnyfat as a teen, went to a pool party and swam with my shirt on, girls were commenting how fat i actually am despite my handsome gorgeous skinny face lmao

then did hs football then went to learn proper form on powercleans saw dimas training vid. been weightlifting since

as a teen I was always skinny and people would offhandedly remark on my skinniness. over time I would "collect" these comments in my memory as I have a tendency to brood over negative comments and thoughts for long periods of time. this dissatisfaction grew within me until one day I saw (no joke) zyzz on youtube. the thought that my dissatisfaction with my body was my own choice was a revelation. I could accept it or change it; I changed it. to this day I continue lifting for my mental health; without lifting I can too easily break myself down. lifting is my last defence against feeling like a piece of shit. thank you zyzz, rest in protein brah

I want to be the man that leads my family to greatness, and part of that is looking and being physically strong.

I was at the beach with a group of friends and I took my shirt off and a fat bitch I used to hang out with said I needed more meat on my bones

Same story here

Living the dream

quit doing adderall, needed a new high, those are 30 mg in pic related i was eating 3-4 of those a day. was at 125 lbs 5'9" shit was horrendous

Top kek

wtf it says 30 mg on the capsule
>inb4 retard

Not a real quote

>implying

Really good baseball player in high school but in order to make it in college I needed to lift. So I did.

Then got injured, couldn't play, got depressed, stopped lifting, didn't really get fat but got weak and had no motivation for 5 years. Then got super busy and for some reason got back into lifting because I wanted to see how much shit I could fit into my life without going overboard.

themselves*

Can't be a facist if I don't look amazing. Take care of your body and your country.

I want to wear a smug smirk on my face when I see the looks of jealousy, self doubt, and inferiority in the eyes of the people who have looked at me in disgust, pity, and disrespect. I must instill discipline into my life to realize my potential in music, art, fitness, education, and all other areas of my life. I want to be better than my shallow peers and beat society at its own game.

Another goal is to be aesthetic enough to rock a top notch JoJo cosplay and get a Joestar birthmark tattoo

I got serious during a 5 year relationship and lost 80 lbs and got strong because I was afraid she would leave me. Then she did anyway lol fuck. Glad tho in the long run had a lot of fun after her

>24 started lifting hard because wanted a gf
>tfw now 27 and never had a gf

That's funny, a qt said I looked like Rango whenever I wore a green shirt. Not really why I started lifting, though. I just wanted to get laid.

Batman v Superman

seriously

now I lift because it helps keep the anxiety away, I enjoy getting new PRs, and I feel bad when I don't

You started for a reason that many quit. Good work user.

Wish I could lift. I'm still 200lbs overweight :(. Looooong way to go.

getting punched in the face in high school.

Rango wears a red shirt, she must have been fucking retarded or color blind

You're not alone my man.

Dad was sad his own son couldn't outlift him. Took me a bit of time since he was progressing too, but finally now I can outlift him. Haven't stopped since

same.

I got fat and want to fit in my old clothes again. Also, I want to lift my 50 kg gf. That might not sound much but I'm a 5'4 grill and she's 5'7.

Getting told I'd look like the main dude from Chicago Fire if I worked out. Had to google that shit.

It's funny how my transition went. I started lifting because a girl compared me to her fiance, and told me how she loves to lay on his muscles and get fucked by him and feels his muscles and veins.
Veeky Forums told me that it is impossible to continue lifting by motivation of sheer hatred and lifting for girls, and here I am. Congratulated by some guys who have told me that my dedication is inspiring and asking me how I have such passion.
Realistically, depression and loneliness inspire me now since the girl back then is now married. My vision of being with a girl one day inspires me. My body inspires me.

My hatred of being alone inspires me. Honestly, I think a happy person fights less in a gym. Miserable, depressed, angry, furious men who want to change their lives are the most fucking insane lifters in the gym. When anger inspires you, a man who has most of his life figured out isn't driven as much.

In highschool I fucking hated this one kid so much. He was known as THE super muscular kid. He had a bench of like lmao 1.5pl8s. I was unpopular and skinnyfat and nerdy. I hated those people with every fiber of my being. End of sophomore year I started lifting, lifted through the summer, and by winter break junior year I was shattering that kid's records. I still had the 'tism, but I cucked him out of being the super strong guy.

Greatest satisfaction I ever felt in my life was challenging him to a competition and beating his total by 110lbs.

I got an office job and started converting muscle to flab.

Last straw was like 5 people tried to set me up with different women who were all a minimum of 50lbs overweight.

I don't need to see abs, but I'm going for 190 lbs and a flat stomach. I'd rather jerk off than date a girl who can stick a nickle in her belly button.

Specifically remember being in 7th grade math class,and a girl made fun of my skellington arms. Really rustled my jimmies,and the moment that I could hit the gym,I hit the iron with a burning passion. Fast forward to 12th grade,and the same girl comments that I look pretty good. Been lifting ever since.

Tips fedora

didn't wanna be a weak cunt, now I'm just a cunt

It takes more than lifting. You have to socialize in whatever way you can, even if you have to explicitly go out of your way to join groups and be amongst people, or make the first move toward women.

Barring mental impairments, socialization can be trained the same as physical strength.

I was laying aside of my girl and realised I had more tits than her

When I was in 4th grade, I could share clothes with my brother who was in kindergarten. I promised myself then that I'd never be weaker than him, and knew I was going to have to work at it.

I'm 30 and he's 26, and I'm still stronger. EAT SHIT DARREN

This movie. I had lifted for years starting in HS but never focused on looks, just strength; fat and all. Then it came out and it inspired me to get back on the wagon, cut down beer, try looks for once. Get close occasionally, but heart condition though; so no fraud for me.

Such an amazing manga i swear soooo good

I lifted on and off for a long time. Always stayed in shape. Never fat. I got more seriously into it from this comedy bit. Took this dudes praise of Arnold and it set the man in a whole different light. Looked into his biography. Legitimately inspired me. Picked up his New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding and went to work. I'm not a beast but I'm in great shape relative to my peers. I'm an oldfag (damn near thirty) and everyone else is fat and married. Many feel constrained and miserable. I'm not the most accomplished fucker, but I do as I please. Fucked and chucked two of my exes and a girl eight years younger than me within the last year. No pandering to some bullshit bitch. No fucking kids. I could quit my job tomorrow and easily have a year of dicking around before I'd need another. Lifting causes me to manage my time better, developed my discipline in general, and generally people take me more seriously.

Feels good.

youtube.com/watch?v=ldIwEG9xQ-M

when I was in 3rd grade this boy next to me told another boy "look how big her arms are" so I told my mom to sign my up for gym classes, and I liked the kids weight class the most and just stuck with it.

14 years later and that boy tried to hit on me over facebook, feels good desu

yeah Darren we're all fucking laughing at you now
Unironically for women and respect. I never really cared about my body and am content with it. Sure being a skeleton led to rock solid confidence in myself, but it's not an easy life when women can beat you in arm wrestling and you look like a boy at 26. Plus I kind of want to see what a muscular me looks like.

I was depressed and my life was shit

YEAH FUCK DARREN

Good taste.

For me I need to look good in a skirt.

combination of being tired of being skinny and the fact that my wife apparently has some unsavory family connections. muscles don't do shit about getting shot, but they at least reduce the odds of getting to that point

Same here, I hate that word so much.

no they just make it harder to move you to get patched up.

t.female paramedic

I haven't had a whole lot of interaction with said family, but I've noticed that they like the thin ones a lot less than they like the beefy ones. The latter also seem to live longer, and with this type of shit the authorities are called pretty rarely

I am intrigued though, just how much harder is it to drag your average gymrat than the average numale? I figure with a stretcher it'd be pretty even, no?

Failed one night stand with a German girl (inability to maintain an erection). After getting a few tests done at the doctor and concluding the cause wasn't really physical (my test was fine/etc), I realized that the reason for this was psychological.

So long as my self-esteem/self-confidence/etc was rock bottom, and my body dysmorphia was at an all time high, I realized that this was a problem that wouldn't go away.

Lol, you never will, people who can actually reject said girls don't need the body to begin with.
Back to r9k with you perma Virgin losers