How many of you lift while having a full time job...

How many of you lift while having a full time job? Convince me this board isnt full of a bunch of neets or part time faggots.

For me, working 40+ hours a week I have very little time to pursue my Veeky Forumserary and /mu/sical goals after work. I dont see how a gym can fit.

I work out three times a week. My workouts take about one hour. I have a fulltime job and the only time I struggle is if I have to work overtime.

>work
>go to the gym after work around 5 hours a week
Whoa that was hard

Currently working full time 9-5.30 and workout 5 times a week every day after work. What's your excuse?

>What's your excuse?
I Veeky Forums and practice being a /mu/sician.

I jog once or twice a week on the weekends like a true patrician,

I work in a physical demanding job and have a second job where its lots of climbing/jumping on trailers and boats i can lift regulary. But i cant eat enough its fucking impossible to eat enough when youre very active at 230lbs. I need about 5-6kcals just to maintain my weight.

TFW not working a buckshee military career where I can finish early and gym.

I work 40 hours/week 9-5, go to the gym every day after work for 1.5 hours.

Stop being a bitch and do your hobbies on the weekend like a grownup. Taking care of your body is much more important than pursuing your pipe dreams of being a musician or writer.

6-5 monday through friday, still lift atleast 5 times a week. Going hard for an hour in the gym is more than enough to get your gains in

I work out for 45 minutes at lunch every day and then eat while I'm working.

I work Monday-Friday, from 8 am to 5pm.

Get home in 20-30 mins, work out right away. Usually my workout takes about 30-40 mins.

You don't have to work out 1-3 hours each day, just move to offset the shitty diet and sedentary lifestyle most people have. If you use a bike to commute, even better.

Completely your choice man. Excuse is an idiotic expression, or word in this regard.

i work 40 hours a week, lift 6 times a week and still have a shit ton of time to watch anime/shitpost

Sounds like you need better time management.

>8:00-5:15
>1.5 hours 6 days a week in gym
>not hard

I'm a nurse, average 50 hours a week, still do cardio 5 days a week, and lift 4 days a week. It's all about time management desu

sounds like you dont even practice an instrument or read books like OP. Neck yo self

Gyms are usually open in the mornings.
>goes to the gym at 5:30
>works 8-5
>cooks meals myself
>shower, read, update myself on political events
>go to bed at 10 or 10:30

Its about being an effienct manager of your time. Yeah social events are gonna throw a wrench in your schedule but its all about what you prioritize. You can also read at the gym while youre doing cardio

sounds like you're a virgin

I own a blue collar business, work 60 - 70 hours a week, and still lift for min 1.5 hrs every single day. I quit drinking, smoking, and drugs. Your problem is that you're a weak-willed faggot, nothing more.

I didn't realize we had to state all of our external hobbies you fucking autist, or are you so bad at math that you think 50hours a week takes up all your time? retard

I work 54 h a week and lift 7-8 h a week and sleep 8-9 h a night.

>not being a neet who's getting shredded

i work 8 to 5 and go to gym at 6

I work 60 hour weeks, and still manage time to get in the gym 4 or 5 hours a week, and maintain a social life.

Sit down for a few days, and write down everything you do for a certain amount of time. You'd be surprised how much time you waste (i.e. Veeky Forums).

You have 24*7=168 hours in a week to spend.

You spend 40 of it at work, leaving you with 128 hours left to use.

Assuming you get your 8 hours of sleep 7 nights a week, that's 8*7=56 less hours to use, leaving you with 72 hours to use.

If you write for 2 hours a day each week, that's 2*7=14 less hours. You have 58 hours left.

If you compose for 2 hours a day each week, that's 2*7=14 less hours. You have 44 hours left.

Assuming you eat a normal schedule and take, say, 1 hour a meal three days a week seven days a week, that's 1*3*7=21 less hours to use. You have 23 hours left.

So you're telling me you can't find ANY TIME to hit the gym when you have at least 23 hours of leisure time each week? Sort your time management out, faggot.

>full time job

as a personal trainer I work 3 hours in the morning and maybe another 1-2 during the day. most weeks i average about 25 hours or less earning ~150 bucks a day.

i'm considering dropping one of my classes and going down to ~18 hours a day so i can sleep in an extra hour. on the one hand it's a sweet gig, on the other hand i feel like i'm settling by not working harder

I work 40 hours a week and head straight for the gym after work. I lift 6 days a week and still have a shitload of time for vidya and movies. I don't go out often which helps.

sounds like you're some loser without any kids or responsibilities.

this is pasta. 0/10

Make a homegym. If you dont have time for 1 hour, 3 times a Week. then you suck at time management.

you're an idiot. if that user had a job that's his responsibility, you don't need to have kids.

I have a gym at work, so I literally get paid to lift.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

I used to work a swing shift in a factory and actually lifted harder than I do now, but I was single and really needed a hobby. Now I have too many hobbies but at least I can lift on the clock.

wow you're an idiot and you deserve the fat ass body you have

I'm 35 and work in corporate finance. On light weeks when I'm doing ad-hoc business analysis I'll have 40 hour weeks. Month close I'll have 50-60ish hour weeks and quarter/year close when I'm preparing 10q filings, and/or 10k filings, and board decks for quarterly and year end board meetings I'll be at 60-80hour weeks.

I'm also married with a 7 and 4 year old boys.

I tried working out in the evenings and it was too inconsistent. I was mentally drained from the day. So I do it in the mornings. I wake up at 5:15, get to gym at 5:30, lift till 6:30ish, home, shower and changed by 7:15, into the office between 7:45 and 8:00 every day. It's the only way I can make it work.

Starting off (first 2 months) it was really hard because I had gotten used to waking up at 6:30 and having a little time in the mornings, but now I can't live without my morning workout, I really can't.

It also helps to have a wife (or dedicated gf). She helps me with meal prep to keep both of us on track.

Work 6am-3pm, gym right after work for an hour and then spend the rest of the day with my family. Sometimes I'll play the sax for my son, other days I'll read some fiction books with him. It's totally doable, just quit being lazy

>pasta
Nah m8 fresh OC

But really, fix your shit.

I work 60 hour weeks and I have plenty of time.
Maybe get your shit together and make your life a bit more efficient, to start? There are 16 hours in every day that I'm up and moving. Get your shit together dude.

High school teacher with home gym. No children or significant other. I get to incorporate some of my hobbies and interests into my job.

>9:00am-4:30pm
>God-tier hours
>Gym is never a problem.

I work 50-60 hours a week between my full time job and my part time. My full time has me lifting heavy weight throughout the day considering it`s a labour job. I normally do about 3 to 4 times a week

Work 0830-1730, Mon-Friday. Workout 5 times/week.

i have sacrificed my Veeky Forums /mu/ and Veeky Forums goals to lift.. i am autistic

work from 6am to 2:30 pm, nap for about 45 mins, gym from around 4-5, still have 4 hours of free time.

I go to university full time and work 20 hours a week. I'm also a senator at my school's student government and have a 3.9 gpa. I still manage to make it to the gym 6 days a week. I lift 3 of those days and do 20 min of cardio the other 3 days. It's doable but it takes some great time management skills. My social life is literally school and work though and I barely party so it works out. I'll worry about my social life when I graduate.

>tfw im about to start an 80 hour/week job and lose all my gains

Hold me bros

Also have /mu/sical and Veeky Forumserary aspirations. I workout 6 days a week, 3 of which are spent in the gym.
All it really is is time management. Its not patrician but read schwarzenegger's autobiography. Even though he basically worked from 6 in the morning to midnight every day and went for sales trips often, he still found time and ways to exercise every day.
I wouldn't trade the streneous exercise I get for much else. It has benefitted me with everything I've done and has done wonders for my productivity

>not doing bodyweight exercises if you can't lift

Shame on you all

Law Enforcement Officer here

>8hr shifts all over the place
>2 hr workouts 4 days a week before or after shifts
>fiance at home and mates who want to hang out

Everyone has time for working out. If you say you don't then you're making excuses or doing superfluous social activities to no end.

Firefighter here. Work similar shifts. Gym at work but only use it to tick over on shift.

Go hard on my days off.

you only work 20 hours a week, so I didn't read whatever else you said. you're a fag, I worked 40 hours a week when I was in uni, grow up.

>I jog once or twice a week on the weekends
fucking WEAKLING!

>hurr durr I'm ""smart"" and still work out

it's not hard to graduate with a 4.0 with any degree besides engineering, doesn't sound impressive at all

Work Monday-Friday 6am - 3:30pm, sometimes Saturday for 6 hours. 20 mile bike ride full trip to work and back.

Still work out 4 times a week and do cardio days on weekends. Your just a weak willed person.

Maybe at a shitty low ranking university it's true. But at my school graduating with above a 3.6 is hard. I'm a math major btw.

If you work 8 hours a day 5 days a week and sleep 8 hours a day you have 72 hrs of freetime in a week.

Got him

Sorry to break it to you but University is the easiest part of your adult life, if you're having a hard time now then I worry about how you'll deal with the real world once you graduate.

I'm a neet who works out 5 times a week. I want to die

20 hours a week + uni is fucking nothing.

not them, but I'm doing a 3.9 at Colombia in my senior year, and I own no text books. you only get less than A's if you're a retard kek. so stop acting like you're in 1% of college grads.

>it's user thinks he's better than everyone post

I just got an 8-5 and I was worried I would have motivation to gym. But I lift 4 days a week plus walk 6 days a week. If it's important to you, you'll make time for it.

>mfw im 24 and havent been to university/college

What's your major

Living the life currently
>able to work out 6 days/ week
>do well in uni
>have free time for shitposting and reading
feels good

Yeah buddy!

Best feeling is doing 7-10 nights straight and then having a week off to reset my workouts and smash PBs

Security guard here.
Work 12-24 hour shifts, run 2-3k after a shift, work out when I wake up, usually before a shift or on a free day. Go running 4 times a week and hit the gym 4 times a week.

sounds like you have no interests besides that. Sad.

computer science, although it's one of those majors you either understand or don't

but still, I've managed a 3.9 without breaking a sweat. it's chemical engineering that makes you break a sweat.

computer science might as well be in the liberal arts.

I deliver appliances 40-50 hours a week. It involves dragging refrigerators, dishwashers, etc all over the place, lots of heavy lifting, constant exposure to 110+ degree temps in the sun... but I go to the gym regardless. I'm at the gym for about 2 hours every time, counting lifting and sometimes cardio.

It's tough sometimes but my gym bro keeps me honest and I do the same for him.

relax a little, go home and enjoy Miller Time or happy hour if you dont want to go to your wretched apartment

>CS
>3.9
>No sweat

No shit. Try majoring in mathematics and getting a masters in quantitative finance. When the smartest people you've ever met or will ever meet in your life are struggling to stay above a 3.5 because the math is at the very edge of human thinking capability, then you can talk shit.

35+ hours a week, 1.5h commute each way. It's pretty rough, but I try to do 3x a week. I don't always end up going, especially if I happen to work extra hours in a week.

Social life and general errands/chores during the week are pretty much a write-off. Good thing I don't have kids though.

Not him but anyone who say they both work and study full-time is lying. Too many scheduling conflicts would exist and just little bit of bad luck or or circumstances can derail you, especially if you become sleep deprived. You're not the Flash.

PS... the hard part isn't the math underneath it all. It's the system dynamics.

gallon of bacon a day

dude, Columbia's grade inflation is fucking absurd - you might as well say you're from Harvard for all the good it gives you

how about you pick a really hard major like physics or math as the other user's mention.

have you even taken an algorithms class or something challenging or do they only teach you shit there?

as if your opinions matter. I'm going to be making 78k my first year when I graduate, but please, tell me what you all do for a living.

>implying I care

those who imply they don't care care the most

t. oldfag

The reality is if you're a normie with an active social life and full time job that your lifting isn't going to be optimal. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

t. retired at 30

I'm sitting in front of a computer at work (8h a day) and at home (3-5h a day) and yet I lift for at least 5-6h a week

I go to uni 3 days a week and work 4 days a week. On my free time I try to hit the gym 4x a week, I also have to practice piano everyday. I only read when I'm on the train or if I don't feel like playing video games. I sometimea don't care if I miss the gym since I have alot going on at the moment but now I have mild tendonitis from playing piano and spending hours typing papers so there isn't much I can do at the gym anyway

Anyone who doesn't lift no matter the job, lifestyle or family/school goals they are lying to themselves since lifting/eating well is a challenge and great when you do it but sucks when you dont

Take me for instance, workaholic
Don't lift, mostly by choice

At the least you can get 2 days a week and a solid workout, they lie to themselves

I know I should lift, and I am trying

But its hard to get out the house and out of your own head sometimes

I'm addicted to the internet, and a part of that is my job

mfw when my GPA is 3.4 as of right now in med school.... guess I have three chromosomal 21 copies

I worked an outdoor, manual labor job 40hrs/week AND lifted 5x. So don't give me that shit. I had no social life to speak of though

I work full time and sometimes work on weekends while being a new home owner, planning a wedding, and I still find time for 4 gym sessions per week, each 2-3 hours.

Try harder you shit bag.

started coming to Veeky Forums when i was 22. i'm now 29.

when i was 22 i devoted my entire day to lifting, eating right, in school, and fucking around on Veeky Forums.

now i work ~60 hrs. a week doing management consulting, and it takes a lot of my time up but i have already ritualized gym time for myself to make it permanent.

i also ritualized my diet.

A lot can change in 7 yrs., but i'm glad i came here from a young age and had it ingrained in me.

just find some time where you can get it out of the way. i do mornings. sometimes more on weekends.

are you looking for validation on Veeky Forums? because you have bigger problems if that's the case

>having longer than 37 hour work weeks
pathetic wagecuck shits
low iq reddit tier humor, kys yourself

45+ hours of walking and lifting right now while I work on starting my own gym. Lifting days are the worst since I'll work from 5:30 AM to 4:30 PM and then lift after that. Whole day: GONE.

Veeky Forums is now full of good goys who think exhausting yourself salaryman style for validation from other people is how everyone else should live. Normalfaggotry is cancer.

I'm proving a point. Who cares what the GPA is or how many hours you work if you do either school oo work and workout you're a badass in my book

>be in med school
>be stuck at hospital 70-90 hours per week
>come home and study for an hour every day
>still go to the gym and do full body workouts 3-4 days per week
>see random faggot on Veeky Forums whining about working 40 hours per week
>now an MD
>about to start NICU rotation working 80 hours per week
>still plan on going to the gym

You cunts are pathetic. Lift weight or don't, none of us give a shit either way. Just don't pretend for a SECOND that it's because you don't have time. You have time; you just want to do other shit instead.

kek you're still trying to prove a point of Veeky Forums loser, this is an anonymous mongolian flyfishing forum. suck a dick.

Question for you: I enjoy morning lifts, but I've slowly slipped into sleeping later. Used to wake up at 4:00 be to work at 5 (or gym when working 6-4). Now i fucking sleep until 6:30 or 7 every day. Any good tips for better sleep quality? I'm in bed by 10 asleep by 10:30

I just started a new job and have been meaning to go after but ill miss my usual crew that i see at the gym at 9pm

>lying this much on the internet
You know how I know your ass is lying, no medical student study one hour a day. Honestly I don't even know why I call you out but know that you ain't fooling anyone

>Not him but anyone who say they both work and study full-time is lying.
>I cant do it, therefore no one else can

Is this a joke op?
I work 40 hours a week, go to the gym at least 5 days a week and still have a lot of freetime.

Well now I go in the morning, grab a shower at work and then get to work.

I work 10 to 6 or 7 though, I'm meant to start at 9 but nobody fucking starts at 9 and I stated when I first got it I will not be coming in at 9 every day.

you're fucking retarded.