/QTDDTOT/

Old one is at 300.

When i do HIIT runs i sometimes get pain in my neck on the right side, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/68t07k/lyle_mcdonald_males_should_be_1012_body_fat/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how do you get over your crush ghosting you ?

When bulkung, does it matter what you eat? I just gorged myself in cheetoes and cookies, I'm gonna work like he'll tomorrow

Am I doing it right, Veeky Forums?

Start lifting heavier, start talking to other girls.

I get this kind of thing sometimes, for me it's postural. My solution is making sure my chest is big and shoulders are relaxed, I'm running lightly on the balls of my feet, tongue is strong on the roof of my mouth and breathing deeply though the nose. Hope that helps bruv

its tearing me inside

>having
>trouble
>running

so tear up your outside with some heavy ass weights until it goes away, pussy (don't actually tear anything though pls bb)

I know it sucks eating 3k a day. I had movie popcorn and a huge ass soda yesterday to make even.

Doing the 5x5 stronglifts but cant do rows without hurting my back. Any good replacements?

Different person and different height and weight
Not fair

Pullups/chinups and facepulls together might be an alright substitution, but I'd recommend figuring out whats causing the pain and trying to just do the rows once you've solved that. I had a bit of lower back pain doing them that went away after I improved my hamstring flexibility, so maybe try that?

Is going for long walks or hiking a legitimate "exercise". Where I live has plenty of trails and I often walk for multiple hours a day. Today I walked for 3 hours straight just because it was so nice out and I had nothing better to do. I realize this isn't proper cardio or anything - but will I legitimately burn calories by doing this?

first image on google image search. Point still stands. Dont bulk clean and you get (more than regular) fat.

are there elevation changes or are you walking in kansas?

Basically Kansas.

lol nope run faggot

I would say depends on who you ask. Me personally? I would say no. Only because i've seen plenty people "walk" for exercise and its a joke. If you are actually putting out effort and trying to go some real distance (more than 2 miles) then maybe it would count. Walking is great. But it is no substitute for good ol' aerobic exercise.

Without going into metabolic differences and stuff, I think the figure is something like 100 calories burned for a 180 pound person per mile and scales linearly with weight.

Envy you though, wanted to walk home from work today but the rain really picked up this evening.

Kansas? I had to go home early from the gym due to severe weather..

Nah Seattle. Doesn't rain as much as I thought it would but today is one of those days.

Walking the 10 minutes from the bus stop to the gym this morning was bearable tho. It's nice being the only guy in a tight dress shirt while everyone else is wearing jackets and hats and stuff. Rain's out, gains out

I'm trying to find a good target weight and I'm wondering if there's a chart for optimal weight to height? (i.e what is the optimal weight range for a person of height X) Most of the ones I've found are based on BMI and I'm not sure if it's accurate for people building muscle.

Also, is it better to bulk first then cut to desired weight or cut to 10-12% bf then bulk? What are the pros and cons of either approach?

Why are there so many guys >tfw no gf on Veeky Forums? Literally we are the peak 5% of the civilization

Focus on literally any other part of your life.

95% of Veeky Forums is people wanting to be jacked, but who aren't jacked yet, and like half of the remaining 5% is socially incompetent.

Look at stats of guys who have your goal body type

Gainz dont make up for lack of social skills.

What are the most basic components to a home gym?

Thinking of having one in my room.

Given that it depends on how much muscle mass you want, there probably doesn't exist for such a thing.

10-12 is Lyle's number and this was a pretty good discussion on that article: reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/68t07k/lyle_mcdonald_males_should_be_1012_body_fat/

/r9k/ usually leaks here when members decide they want to get out of the social hole they're in.

What they don't realize is that lifting in itself doesn't stop you from being an autist. It just turns you into an autist with arms.

I can do 3x8 decline bench sit ups with 1 pl8. What exercise do I go to now for abs?

You can do some muslims if you have a cable station with enough weight. Might need to put a plate on your feet or weigh yourself down somehow. Otherwise just increase that volume bub

Hey Veeky Forums, I fucked up my wrist doing chest/triceps because I'm retarded. I decided not to go to the gym yesterday because my right wrist was hurting like shit. Today it's still hurts a bit when I angle it certain ways, but not as much.

Do you think I'd still be able to go do Leg Day despite fucking up my wrist, or should I wait another day or two for the pain to subside?

Where can I find such stats?
I just want a safe, healthy, natty, middle ground, I can maintain into old age.

Also, if I understand the article correctly I should first cut to ~10% bf, then maintain for 2 weeks to stabilize, then bulk to ~12-15% bf, maintain again for 2 weeks, then cut back down to 10% and repeat until goal body?

Pretty much. I don't know the biology behind it but it seems to my uneducated mind like it would take the elasticity out of the cycle. So at the end of my cut when I start increasing my diet I won't rocket back up again.

Did a similar thing getting off keto. My weight loss didn't stop like it usually does when I dial up my carbs. This time I subtracted 10g of fat a day and added 20g carbs and 2g protein until I reached my new set of macros. Helps clean out the fridge too.

How far do u run brub

How long u been running

Did u ever get a stitch in your side? Did u ever get shin splints?

If not DESU be happy & not a dick

I guess try to find models or bloggers who have photos and stats.

I unironically use Tumblr to look at sick teenage girls to get that jailbait body

Oh my shecklekeks
I clicked the image first
And thought who tf would train their wrists
And then I realized "ah He's calling out someone who needs to heal after vigorous pathetic fapping" what an ironic image I must save

>read rest of post
>not ironic

What does the image do? I tried it a few times and didn't feel anything.

-realize that all relationships come to an end, usually sooner rather than later
-realize its her loss
-approach a bunch of other women

because this is Veeky Forums.org

My biceps are weak as fuck. I'm doing curls and shit but I barely ever feel any contraction and my forearms just feel tired. I swear I'm doing it right cause it's such a simple exercise. What do?

If you're barely feeling contraction you're probably driving with something other than bicep. Make sure you feel power emanating from your bicep rather than from anonymous source on body

Sometimes back is actually helping motion, although you may not feel him directly.

I'm coming up on my high school reunion and I've been trying to Veeky Forums for a couple years now:

5'10" 159 lbs bulking, ectomorph, ~15% bf

OHP 3x100, BP 4x165, Sq 5x260 (working on atg), DL 2x315

What last minute shit can I do to show up all the chads and swoon all the ladies from back in the day?

Last-minute?
CRASH DIET to get lean. Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss, look for a pirate PDF.

Been going to the gym for about 5 months and finally hitting my stride where I feel confident in my form and that I'm generally doing the whole lifting bit correctly.
I just don't know how much to eat. I want to gain mass and muscle, but I'm not sure whether to bulk or maintain. I'm eating pretty clean, and usually end up around 2000 cals per day, and I'm getting my 1g per pound of bodyweight in protein per day, but I'm never sure if I've eaten enough. I'd say I'm skinnyfat right now, so I'm not sure how much I should be eating at the moment. I definitely know my lifts are getting stronger, but I don't know if I could make better pace if I ate more.
Tl;dr: Been lifting for about half a year, unsure if I should lean towards getting more calories per day or less, goal to gain strength and muscle.

>tongue is strong on the roof of my mouth
Why do this?

is eating junk food okay if you do 45 minutes of hard cardio everyday

>failed a set of squats recently
>tried my best to rack it but failed
>ended up dropping a weight
>ever since my wrist hurts when squatting
Should I lay off squats for a while? What can I do instead? Leg press machine?

What are the best oblique exercises, the adonis belt makes people like 50% more aesthetic so I want to add some isolation into my routine.

>breathing through those nose during HIIT

I just don't get it fit

I've got a few:
1.Front squats or back squats? What benefits one has that the other doesn't?
2. What are some good reads on how to start running? I cycle a good deal, but can't run for shit. What am I doing wrong?
3. When doing bench press, I can feel sharpish pain and discomfort someplace under the shoulder blade. Is this an indicator of shitty form or not warming up properly?
4. Are crunches an OK abs exercise? I'm still overweight and not doing them to have a six-pack, just to burn off calories. Should I just carry on or alternate them with something else?

Eating junk food will always be sub optimal.

Eating any food at all will require extra work to burn calories if you're eating past your goal calorie intake

You should look up proper running form. Pretty sure its in the sticky, if not its easy to find online. Will stop you fucking up any joints and makes running easier.

how can I properly learn compound lifts with the barbell if I dont have spotters or access to prrsonal trainers? I dont want to fuck it up before I start.

I am crippled and can't do anything with my legs...

My lower back is weak AF since I don't walk and is in a lot of pain, what are some lower back exercises that don't utilize the legs IN ANY WAY?

My arms and chest are buff and I have weights and a dip station.

Can't someone at the gym look at your form? Or by a huge but cheap ass mirror if you are in the home gym.

He can't do that because his legs are fucked?

Front squats are more quad dominant and require a lot mor core/upper back erector strength.

Back squats are still quad dominant, just a bit less. They require a lot more lower back erector strength.

Try doing light pulling motions before benching to warm up, at least work until you feel a slight pump.

Crunches are sub optimal. Just do ab wheels or praise allahs (use rope attatchment on a cable machine, get on your knees and put each hand by your neck, then pull the rope down with a crunching motion).

Know any kind of home setup to do that?

I don't have ready access to that kind of equipment.

Some gyms have machines like this you can sit in

It's a shitty small town gym, no trainers. I'm new and don't know anyone and haven't seen anyone do barbells yet.

If I am strapped in so that the supports are bearing my weight and not my legs, I can probably do that, don't know though.

>I have two perfectly serviceable body weights and the upper body strength to hold myself up on bars
Start doing vertical crunches.

>I'm new and don't know anyone
This shouldn't be an issue. Unless you are in the BIG CITY FUCK YOU NEW GUY GYM, which you clearly are not, nobody will be an unhelpful faggot to you. Just ask someone politely if they did the exercise before and if they can spot you.
Not sure about that 'strapped' shit. Especially since you can't just get up and shake it off, if you get a muscle cramp or sharp and sudden pain for whatever reason. I might be wrong tho.
What pulling motions would you advise? Pulling the block?

I'm sorry I don't know. Only other thing I can think of is improvising with a cable fly machine. Or using an exercise ball with somebody's help.

I just meant strapped in just to hold me upright, not necessarily to hold all my weight I guess.

I am not paralyzed, just don't have a right hip and nerve damage in my legs because of cancer. I can stand, its just excruciating... But I guess I could whether through it temporarily if it helps my back... Since my back is killing me when I sit and I spend most of my time sitting.

Whatever you will decide to do, just please be careful and not fuck yourself any more than you already are. Take it slow and build up gradually.

Barbell rows or pull ups/lat pull downs

Is 110g protein a day enough for a 150lb guy

does your height/arm length make a difference on how much you can lift?

In theory, should the amount of BW reps of lat pulldown you can do be similar to the amount of pullups you can do?

I was running on the threadmill yesterday, was the first time i put on headphones and listened to music. But I feel a strange urge to stop when I feel the a chorus or another change of rythm is coming, like I'm going to lose balance and fall. What's that, gotta find some music with more stable rythm or just concentrate and overcome it?

No

Pull ups require core stabilization

Yes

>5'7
>150lb
>Goal of ~142lb
>Workout 4-5x a week doing PPL split, couple compounds with a few accessories
>Eating 1800 a day, normally fall just short
>Stalled dead for the past week on 150

Reduce to 1600?

In what way?

Does anyone deal with constant headaches? My gf suffers from pains (possibly related to Lyme disease) and I don't know how to help her. She'll be seeing a neurologist but it's almost 3 weeks from now and I don't know what I can do to alleviate the pain

Ibuprofen + codeine and paracetamol is pretty much the best you can do without a prescription. She could take 1000mg (2 tablets) of paracetamol and up to 800mg (4 tablets) of ibuprofen safely. If she's really susceptible to codeine then perhaps choose one without because she would be taking ~60mg with the ibuprofen depending on the brand, which for some people makes them drowzy/woozy.

where do you live that you get 60mg codeine without prescription?

Ibuprofen + codeine normally has between 12-15mg of codeine per pill, so taking 4x would give you ~60mg. This is in Australia and it's over the counter. I think they're looking at changing the laws soon, but until then I'll smash that shit back like no tomorrow because it's really good without being too strong.

Thanks she's already taking OTC meds, don't know what exactly. Doesn't help much if at all, will ask if she's taking codeine.

Does shit like massaging the neck/head help? I've seen people praising some herbs on the Internet but I've also seen people saying that they can live of the sun's energy alone so I'm sceptic. Going through pubmed and migraines/headache at the moment but there's a fuck ton to get through.

Could this work theoretically?

1-2L of milk(30-60g protein)
3-4 scoops of whey (66-88g protein)
2-3 other shitty meals (40-60g of protein)

There are reasons why I can't afford to eat good food. Will this work?

A gentle scalp and temple massage might help, but headaches are a pain in the ass to deal with if you don't know the cause, so it's hard to suggest herbs and shit like that when they could do absolutely nothing. I might suggest you try and see a GP in the next couple of days because they could probably prescribe her something stronger until the neurologists appointment. Outside of that, yeah, find out what she's taking. Don't go over the recommended dose on paracetamol but with ibuprofen you can double it

how2 do upperbody/lower body routine with low volume on legs to NOT have my legs grow more? I fell for the 3x week squat meme and was enough, alongside plain 1x5 diddlylifts for sick hams but theyre more than in a decent spot now

also any reason to pick 4 days instead of 3 days lifting?

better head posture, takes major stress off neck muscles to stabilize (your tongue is a muscle too after). essentially what mewing does in general, with emphasis on not straining your neck from the constant tension of high speed running

yeah do some skill work on the 4th day. some handstand progression for example.

Then get a heavy backpack. Or run.

Guy at my gym said there is no noticeable difference in how I do my glute ham raises and back extensions despite me trying to of course use the different muscle groups. Am I just super inflexible? key pointers to do GHR without helping too much with lower back? I'm confused.

In canada, the highest strength you can get is 8mg codeine per otc pill

Guys, help me. I'm in a journey to loss weight, and I'm really scared about the loose skin-after (i have a very low self esteem) Any advice you can give me?

I'm pretty sure you don't need that much protein at 150 lbs

How old and how much weight do you have to lose?

Any downside to bulking when you are overweight?

I mean yeah you will get even heavier but with all the muscles shouldn't it be easier to get rid of all the fat later on?

It's mostly going to be around 140-150. The higher number is a long term thing. I would add more milk/scoops if I actually make progress.

slow and steady wins the race. if you're not crash dieting (with chemical help or so) from 300 lbs to half that, loose skin shouldn't be that much of an issue. some might happen but an occasional fast and topical creams can help.

mostly hormonal stuff I cannot be arsed to get into right now. you're doing yourself a favor if you cut some of the flab first in terms of test/estrogen levels, insulin/leptin/ghrelin relation, and cardiovascular gains if you're really super fat.

>Do squats and DL on same day because can't fit DL anywhere else
>Always get fucked on squats after heavy DL
>Do DL last and legs fucked from squats
>Currently just accepting my squats are going to be weak

Help.

I do today high barbell squats 80kg (176lbs) 5x5 and my lower back muscles get tired like after deadlift. My legs feels normal. I lift my squats by my back or It is normal? I have shit deadlift tho.

19 and like 110pounds

Rate my homemade program:

1. Pullup / Chinup superset (3x10 or to exhaustion)

2. Dumbbell Biscep Curl / Tricep Extension superset (3x10 or to exhaustion)

3. Side Lateral Raises / Front Dumbbell Raise superset (3x10)

4. Incline Dumbbell Press (3x10 or to exhaustion)

5. Decline Crunch with Weight (To exhaustion)

6. Accordion Crunches (Both sides) (To exhaustion)

7. Raised Knee Crunches (To exhaustion)

8. Seated Cable Rows (Machine) (3x10 or to exhaustion)

9. Chest Press (Machine) (3x10 or to exhaustion)

10. Dips (To exhaustion)

11. Lat Pulldowns (Machine) (3x10 or to exhaustion)