"do starting strength bro, the guy who made it is JACKED!"

>"do starting strength bro, the guy who made it is JACKED!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DkCBWgwml7I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can you deadlift more than that?

correctomundo

Nice photoshop. Ripptoe was very strong for his size.

he's unironically quite sizable.

Not to mention when you deadlift, your arms are fully out so you can't really flex them.

Franco Columbu was leagues stronger than him, shorter (shorter muscle bellies), a boxer, and a bodybuilder. Also, if you think being short is an advantage beyond beginner and intermediate level lifts, I ask, DYEL? Longer muscle fibers increases strength potential significantly more. Rippetoe was pretty average for someone dedicated to strength training.

Post rare Rip pics.

not rip

i don't know if this is a meme or something at this point

>t. Can't lift that weight

youtube.com/watch?v=DkCBWgwml7I

hey Veeky Forums can you lift more than a borderline 60yo man?

Yeah, Columbu's total using his best lifts was also >1,900. The top 181s now still only total like 1,700-1,900. He's literally one of the best of all time. Comparing somebody to Columbu is retarded.

Rippetoe never claimed to be good at powerlifting. He has said repeatedly that he was never that great.

>mixed grip

haha what a fag dyel

>6pl8

but it's a nigger

being shorter = greater strength to weight ratio, this is well-documented. A short person, with shorter limbs, also has to move a given weight a shorter distance to complete a lift. A bigger muscle = greater total contractile force, but that's not the only relevant factor in lifting something.

damn i gotta get this guy working my fields

Kek

That doesn't mean ANYTHING. That's not the way force is calculated. If you are to complete one full ROM rep of any exercise, the most tension is exerted on your muscle when it is directly perpendicular to gravity. If you're holding a bar upright for bench, you are not lifting anymore than someone who is 4'2 holding the same weight. When you break the locking out and initiate a lift, you gradually apply more and more pressure to the muscle until you are perpendicular to gravity, where max tension is exerted. It is just more distributed for a taller individual. Like I said, beyond beginner and intermediate lifters, this is NEGLIGIBLE. The only thing that changes an actual lifts difficulty is the proportions of the person lifting it because that determines the ROM and the path of the ROM.

Why do you think manlets can't deadlift as easily as tall people? It's NOT because of the distance. Tall people are most likely still travelling equal or greater distance than a shorter person lifting the same weight. It's the relative position and ROM of the lift. The longer your limbs, the more upright you can be, meaning you've reduced the maximal tension on the muscles involved. However, for a bench, you still start parallel to gravity, and then reach a point orthogonal to gravity at the same place. The few inches are literally negligible because they are added to the upper halves of the lift.

Look at every single one of the major world record lifter --- they're ALL tall. The increased length of muscle fibers over the long term is known to be one of the most important determinants in a muscles' strength. Muscle belly length, and muscle size are the biggest determinants, both of which benefit taller individuals. Aside from maybe Oly lifters, in which being short has a distinct advantage along with mixed proportions because you can physically BE shorter to get under the bar. The extra distance DOES impact you there because you actually have to account for it.

lmao didnt read

>[autistic screeching]
yeah, height matters for absolute strength assuming maximal muscular development and no weight class limits. NOTHING I SAID DISPUTES THIS YOU INFANTILE RETARD

t. manlet

you can also be too tall too tho

Nigger, manlet, roids

>advantages include faster reaction time, faster acceleration

at what lifts do i get superhuman speed? Currently at 0.5pl8 DL

Quite a ways to go buddy. Squat 10pl8 and you can fly

>roids
newfag. At least lurk, post-moot /pol/ doesn't ocunt.

Greater strength to weight, yes. I never disputed that either, but we were always talking about absolute strength. We were talking about someone like Franco Columbu having significantly greater absolute strength than Mark Rippetoe in all lifts despite being at a slight mechanical disadvantage.
>roids
newfag.

>being shorter is an advantage assuming no weight class limits

How the fuck can anyone be this retarded?

newfag
apply yourself

you tell me dumbshit, no one said being shorter is an advantage assuming no weight class limits. learn to fucking read

personal bests/physique are completely irrelevant to making a plan that works or not

there are fat doctors, their knowledge is not less relevant

That's not what he was saying. He was agreeing that being taller is beneficial assuming there are no weight classes due to the fact that they have larger muscular potential, but was also saying that when it comes to a bodyweight ratio, short people lift more pound for pound (which is true).

>photo while he doing exercise, so crazy pump
>sizable
lol

Fuck you user lotus is based.

You're a faggot (which is true).

Hello high school dyels

that's roger estep

this is mark rippetoe

other way around

don't care

he's still a manlet. manlets don't amount to anythi g

>this is my inspiration

>being this self-satisfied
>actually making that picture
>nigger
how can you be so blatantly unaware of yourself lmfao. can't lift off that skin colour

Can someone post that Veeky Forums acheivement poster?

first google result

t. skinny fat lanklet