Is there anything more manly than running?

is there anything more manly than running?

>haha faggot i bet i can out run you

lol, no you can't. Try running marathon in less than 3 hours (my best is 2h 52m). I bet you ll quit after the first 5k.

Being able to endure that amount of pain, for such a long period of time is much more manly than just lifting some heavy ass weight, which takes 5 seconds to realize if you can or can't lift it (i.e. no real pain).

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2556152/
outsideonline.com/2075501/25-greatest-moments-yosemite-climbing-history>41815756
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Say goodbye to your knees faggot.

Post your low-test physique.

my knees are perfectly fine thank you.

whats even the point of posts like this lmao
>is there anything more manly than running?
Any combat sports, lifting weights, contact sports? literally running is the most feminine exercise there is

They're more than likely not, compared to others. Running is terrible for joints.

>not doing both

Why are they always heel striking in photographs.

eh no it isn't

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2556152/

>endurance sports
slow twitch low test beta cuckold

lol I bet you're a twink

>Post your low-test physique.

oh vey another guy who lifts for girls

Marathon running is literally the main thing our bodys adapted for evolutionary.
If you can't kill an animal just by chasing it in the heat you failed your caveman ancestors

this

Are we gazelles now? If you can't build a weapon and hunt in a coordinated group, you failed your caveman ancestors.

Gazelles don't hunt. They do however run away from weapons. Your lack of knowledge on hunting methods of stone age humans and why our body evolved the way it did doesn't mean it's not true you american

Why run away like a pussy when you can lift weights to get strong as fuark and defend yourself

Running is for fags and sissys end of discussion.

Every runner looks like a twig, just make sure you don't trip so your body snaps in half.

>a fair maiden is in danger
>can't defend her but i sure can run fast

Go away Golden One

Because lifters starved while runners hunted. Do both you fag

Exactly, if you think you can chase a gazelle for 20km you are out of your mind.

That's why you slowly build up your mileage to strengthen your joints

>heel striking

It's true though. Some tribes in Africa still hunt this way. The human body is the best in the world in endurance etc. Millions of sweat pores little fur long legs designed for marathon running etc.

The hunterers would just chase animals until they collapsed in the heat

Again you not knowing this stuff doesn't make it untrue. That's common knowledge in Europe where evolution gets taught

tis

>not being a deadlifting, heavy weights lifting runnar who also competes in somewhat semi long competitions

How about I outrun you, and then once I get close I use muuuskle to beat you too. Lel faggets. How about the skinnyfag retards who think that they are good runners when they see my physique and assume that I roid. Cant actually outrun me and I beat them too.

also

>good cardio means more stamina for longer duration fights
>can use my weight at a higher speed to tackle people

there is a reason why in the army BOTH are seen as good too. You need to pack the muuuscle, but also being able to transport it quickly is important.

I used to run, I got runner's knee so bad that I couldn't walk or even drive long distance for 3 years (at 23 years of age). It only got better when I started doing heavy squats, so I can finally walk some distance again. I still can't drive long distance because of my knee. So my life has been forever affected because I decided to start running like a faggot. Never start running.

>fatty übermensch

Running is for poorfag.
Rb and mtb is more fun and uses upper body as well.

If you can't at least once in your lifetime retake Jerusalem, you have failed your Crusaders ancestors.

i'm trying

cringe

Just lol if you think European megafauna was hunted with the same strategy, bro-tip: Neanderthals were pure fast twitch.

So unless you're some kind of east African nigger you did not in fact evolve for endurance running.

>If you can't kill an animal just by chasing it in the heat you failed your caveman ancestors

This should def go into SIR's newyears comic, so much possibilities with this.

Stepping into a ring/octagon.
Running is hard and a great physical feat, but you don't take punches in the head.
There is no thing more glorious than being the last one standing, but that doesn't take away the merits of athleticism

>is there anything more manly than running?

You obviously also have no understanding of when the majority of human adaption happened.
Your legs and nigger legs are pretty much the same certainly anatomically. If you're too fat to run so be it but don't make up shit you apologized cuck

>running
>manly

You can only pick one

Exactly.
Doing endurance sports is just a way of saying "i'm slow"

but still faster than you in longer distances

ill crush you in a fight you skinny faggot
come at me with your gay ass bike and gay ass clothing you skinny faggot ill eat you for protein

you will become my bitch when you are out of breath for running over 5 minutes while chasing me

some men stand their ground, some run. Now run away skinny beta while I plant my seed in your female.

You might be retarded.

I like running but marathons seem excessive, I'm not willing to inflict that kind of damage on my body just for fun. My goal is to run a 10k and a relatively fast 5k (can do 5 easy now but it takes like 28 minutes)

normies get more tired with every mile whilst long
distance runners get hornier

I had a similar thing happen due to five years in the army where we constantly ran. The pain didn't go away until started doing heavy squats. I can run again now without pain if I pay attention to my form. Heel striking will fuck you up.

Yeah because you cant be good at both

This desu I prefer cycling.

Why does he have to chase you, if you are pussy enough to run, he's already won the fight. Just admit defeat, running to live another day isn't a universal win.

>my sport is your sports punishment

There is no fucking risk when it comes to running. Yeah its tiresome but you could just stop or slow down whenever. On the other hand when you face off with 300lb linebackers or step into the ring with a fucking brute who wants to break your neck their is actual risk. Taking risks is what separates the boys from the men.

> Being manly
> Training to run away from people
> Pick one fag

t. marcus the elven high northern king of optimal glorious testosterone wisdom of viking gains and joocey mother evropa

>co worker is cyclist
>he is also 56
>has shirt that basically brags that he once rode 100 miles
>hurr what did you guys do this weekend I rode 70 miles

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT DALE

Lmao all these cucks ITT who couldn't even run 5K in 45 minuts.

Ottermode + running is godtier

Could persistence hunting even be that common back then? Running long distances consumes a huge amount of calories, which would have been very difficult to get in the first place from scavenging etc.

Anyone who is not 3,obese or disabled can do 5k in 45 minutes

>running away from problems instead of just lifting them up
lol enjoy your beta life

only skinny twinks are good at marathons. If you want to be manly then get some size and strength. Then do some MMA.

Being a weak and skinny twink, who can only run, is the least manly you can be.

So then his point still stands

outsideonline.com/2075501/25-greatest-moments-yosemite-climbing-history>41815756
Youre a pussy compaired to us

Haha what a fucking idiot please be bait

Yeah, stalking and trapping was totally useless. It was all about jogging.

the only thing more insufferable than crossfitters are runners who can't shut the fuck up about running

Especially since most runners who won't shut up about it are actually shit at running.

I laugh at all those insecure tanks not able to chase its prey for half a minute. Also all those muscles are pretty useless without endurance. Bodybuilder hearts stay completely untrained because it only grows on endurance training. You unfit tanks can have as many muscles as you wish when I chase you down for hours until you collaps fully exhausted and get kicked in the face. Tanks without tank tracks are useless.

i run, speedrope and bike. i just don't lord over people as if they're anything other than ordinary activities.

neither do I, just continued thread haha

Do you know where the term marathon originated from?

This. I got triggered by the picture

lol i realize now that you were being funny

w2c tank tracks

literally this. OP's argument of physical pain and running is nothing compared to that of road cycling. 3 hours of pain is a short day on a road bike.

t. former xc runner turned cyclist.

People that complain about knee problems are retards. You strengthen your knee slowly by walking up hills, walking in general, squats. Run in the grass if you have to.

t. 165 weakling

a lot of knee pain simply comes from the ground up, desu. if everyone would just buy a new pair of shoes every now and again and get a set of custom orthotics, orthopedic surgeons would be out of business.

t. physical therapist

>le persistence hunting meme

Your bullshit theory fails the fall down laughing test. Tarahumara indians do sometimes run small animals to death (note: SMALL), but it's more to prove it can be done than an actual means of survival. Try running some deer to death

Protip: the deer will easily outrun you and piss on your corpse when your dumb ass drops dead

>b-but I'll wreck you with my huge muscles y-y-you f-faggot twink!!

lmao like you'd be able to get close enough

pretty sure they're being hyperbolic. persistence hunting was a viable form of hunting. the way our running mechanics and heat regulation mechanisms evolved support this. but only in the sahara. but theoretically, any healthy human should be able to train to run a hundred miles in the desert, not that anybody really wants to now that farming exists.

>persistence hunting was a viable form of hunting

No, no it is not. Work out the caloric expenditure of running ~100 miles, then the caloric expenditure coming back (same distance + weight of the carcass shared per man) versus how many calories the animal provides. That's not even counting the scavengers and other predators that are gonna want some of that delicious meat a bunch of emaciated, exhausted men are carrying.

>my lack of a face when running more than 4 miles a day is correlated with higher heart damage and higher rates of heart failure

Tribes didn't prosper by outrunning prey. They prospered by outwalking them. We have a bipedal motion that's super fucking lazy and crutches on gravity.

Running a marathon is something faggots do because they get endorphins without realizing that they're doing heart damage.

A manly thing would be outsprinting an ambush and then sprinting back as a surprise. The original Marathon runner fucking died after his run. Why in the holy hell is that associated with good fitness and longevity?

>tfw still got slight knee pain in right knee after pushing it last run

Is it possible to get a ticket out of Snap City?

Actually our ability to sweat and run allowed us to scavenge shit in the desert when other animals couldn't go out

>no it is not

then why the fuck was it ever implemented in the first place?

i think you underestimate how many calories you can yield from an animal carcass. and again, we're not talking about chasing a cute deer through the woods in appalachia. we're talking about a stretch of unchanging flatland.

of course it's inefficient, but holy shit, so was the whole of survival before farming was invented.

>haha faggot i bet i can out run you
>lol, no you can't.

So manly.

Why do you guys act like anything but training in combat sports will help you in a fight? Plus everyone knows that to be an apex predator, you need to run, lift and fight.

>apex predator

Why do you guys think like this? Are your brains broken, or something? It's like you live entirely outside of reality.

i can't even bother running more than 5k because it's fucking boring

you still think humans are apex predators? you realize that tigers used to run SE asia before humans got smart about killing them, right? you're a hairless, weak monkey compared to so much of the animal kingdom, and our brains are literally what got us here.

How can I tap into that tunnel vision runners have? I am barely able to run for more than five minutes if I have no objective to complete even though the body could endure x10 more of the runned distance or time at least.

For example when I had to catch some bus to London I could completely concentrate on it and sprint for like 15min without stopping but just going for the casual jog is troublesome.

And war is the killer app of intelligence. No animal can destroy the world like we can.

We are beyond apex predators in relation to other flora and fauna. Humans are by definition apex predators because they can organize and kill off other life with no real risk to themselves. Unless they act stupid.

Try sprinting away from me, you wiry faggot. I'll catch you and make you a girl.

now we are, but we used to actually compete. our current position is a culmination of our collective intellectual efforts, not raw physical ability as stated by that other user.

>pain=manliness

By your logic, women giving birth are the manliest people on earth with their manly stretching vaginas.

Manliness refers to traits that can be used to build, dominate, invent, or provide. The only thing you're good at is running away from things, which helps no one. You faggot.

>our current position is a culmination of our collective intellectual efforts, not raw physical ability as stated by that other user.

Well he wasn't completely wrong. You need to run, lift, and fight if your prey is megafauna. But I seriously doubt he was talking about a single individual being the apex predator as opposed to groups of hunters being the collective "apex predator".

Think about hunting a stray mammoth. It could crush you one on one. But packs of hunters could throw spears (or bows or rocks or whatever) and hound it. The mammoth might try to sprint away but all the hunters have to do is walk once they've drawn enough blood.

Miles pass and the mammoth is slowing down. Meanwhile the hunters keep on walking.

Mammoth collapses. Hunters keep on walking. Now they've covered the same distance with far more efficient use of energy due to bipedal motion as practiced by apes.

They kill the mammoth, cut it, gut it, and carry the spoils. Then they walk back and still have energy to start a fire.

But slower in any way that can be immediately tested in front of women.

Yeah, those paleolithic lifters I keep reading about. Lifting came from the Greeks and thus is borne of culture, you underevolved, plainsrunning savage.

Lifting is a simulation of expending massive amounts of energy in a short period of time.

Same thing with sprinting.

If you can't see why hunters would want to balance efficient use (walking) with explosive motion (the first minute of an attack)...

LDR is a simulation of a few tribes which favored aerobic endurance over the potential of muscular growth.

Do I run on my lift day?

CONT.

Another factor to consider is HOW hunter-gatherers stalked prey. Our shoes teach us to stomp the ground with the back of the foot or whole foot at a time.

With flexible, or no, footwear, they'd strike the ground with the balls of their feet and let the rest settle down.

It's why the "supermodel fashion show" walk is perceived as seductive. Because it's an almost perfect imitation to how HG walk and stalk. You wouldn't get laid if your footwork caused inordinate amounts of noise and alerted prey.

Most likely they would be crouching when in sight of the prey.

Im a runner, doing it over 20 yrs, have done marathons to 5 ks. I wouldnt call it manly, I got more stamina that most ppl I know. Woman arent impress that I can run for 2 hrs, or do a 6 min mile. Tell them that you have a lot of stamina to work out for a hour, and then they will talk to you.

I used to only run for my workout, but I didnt like that I had no upper body muscle. Now I balance it with weights and running. Im happy where Im at, women tend to like it too.

As for cycling, that shit is cool. But not for me, did a 10 mile ride on my dad's roadbike, fuck I was hurting for several days.