Intermittent Fasting:

Intermittent Fasting:

Is anybody on here doing it? How does it work out for you? I have been trying it for the last four days and already lost a bit of weight.

My doctor gave me the advice to try it out, since I am fat (130kg, 192cm tall). I know most people skip breakfast and then eat lunch and dinner, but I switched things up since it is easier for me to not eat dinner than not eat breakfast. I just need something in my belly in the mornings.

So I eat breakfast and lunch, and then I don't eat from about 4pm to my next breakfast at about 10am.

What are your experiences? I have experiences headaches (although I drink enough) but I am sure these will go away once by body mans the fuck up! ;)

I dont know if it works the way you do it, im doing IF from 10 PM - 2/3 PM next day means around 16 hours of fast, then i eat some bananas+skyr for lunch and then some rice/veggies dinner. I survive in the morning drinking loads of water + dark coffe

for me it works like dream in slimming up

thanks for your reply!

Why would my method not work? I thought it was about the time span that your body does not have to digest food, and whether it is from 10 pm to 3 pm or from 4pm to 9am should not make any difference, no? But maybe I got something wrong about IF.

I thought that if you ate late, your body will ave to digest food while you sleep, which can be a disadvantage when you want to lose weight. When you stop eating about 7 hours before going to bed, your belly is free for the night and you still get the fasting hours.

thanks, but that does not really explain why I should rather fast these hours than the hours I do (which make more sense to me)

worked well, very easy way to cut calories from your diet, lost 15kg this year doing it

I mean IMO it doesn't matter how you fast, if you still follow the 16/8 rule then it don't matter. I just do it the regular way because I really dislike breakfast, so to each their own

I believe its beneficiary to major part of the fast being during your sleep when u regenerate and its also easier i think

but im not a PRO in these things, just a lad trying to get Veeky Forums

I personally find it more difficult to stop eating in the middle of my day and go to bed on an empty stomach.

But that would mean "my" way is more efficient, since the body is in fasting mode while you sleep when you take your last meal for the day earlier, since fasting mode starts after 10-12 hours, at which I will be fast asleep when eating at 4pm.

true! I just love getting up and getting some eggs'n'bacon and coffee to start the day.

wow, great job! I want to lose 30kg at least so I am at around 100.

>skipping breakfast

muh oats

nice man, I used to enjoy breakfast but most days I'm not hungry till 12 or 1, or im nauseous. Still drink my coffee though, either way keep up the good work

as i said, im no pro, to me its really convinient (office job) to just wake up, stretch/some pushups drink water, cycle to work, drink more water and 2 coffes and then its fruit time, cycle back to home read books/online get proper dinner and go to bed, i dont even look at it as diet, just as convinient way how to go trough the day

hope it helps user

it is harder, but I think it is more effective in the end.

I've only been eating between 7pm and 11pm Monday-Friday, eating normally but still quite healthily Saturday-Sunday (stopping 11pm sunday night)
I drink a ton of water, more coffee (No sugar, very little milk) and occasionally a sugar free can of something, usually on weekends.
I've definitely seen improvement. It may be circumstancial (I used to work in a shitty retail job where I gained a lot of weight, I quit not that long ago, but I also used to have a lot of gym equipment and now I'm only doing bodyweight stuff until I get new stuff) but the diet definetly helps
I cook myself too and almost never cheat on that part. If I want a takeaway or something shitty I just make homemade pizza or whatever

Coffee is life!

coffee is pretty dank, no problem m8 were all gonna make it

Without coffe i'd be fucked

and kys with smiles

I tried it out for a test in januar, and lost 3.24kilo in a month. I just drank coffe in the morning and i was good to go.

Do you really think that timing your allotted calories will have any meaningful impact on your physique?

awesome, man, keep it up! All this talk of coffee has made me thirsty. so a coffee it is! :D

Yes I do! I mean of course I willhave to check how many calories I take in, but whether I eat six meals a day or two in a smaller time span seems to have a proven effect on the body. Even my doctor told me so.

____

And everybody who gives me shit for using smileys on here to make my messages friendlier and get a bit of positivity going, take this:

:)

Eat oats at 12pm.

>mfw I realise I IF'd all through high school
So it's literally just skipping breakfast?

no it's scheduling a set block of time to eat which I'm sure you didn't do in high school

No, but I ate lunch at 1, then dinner at around 7, and that was it. Unless I was going to a party or some shit. But I wasn't being literal, just surprised how simple and easy the timing is. 8 hours is a lot of hours to fit your food into.

>But I wasn't being literal
>literally

kek, nvm I dun goof'd

glad you caught yourself friendo

sounds good! 7-11 is a harsh window, though!

You get used to it surprisingly quickly. I felt like I had to be a bit tighter since I'm usually the cook and can't exactly skip meals during social/weekend stuff

i, too, have read the sticky

No, intermittent fasting doesn't defy calories in/calories out, but psychologically, some people might find it easier to reduce their caloric intake by strictly adhering to limited "eating windows." There doesn't really seem to be sufficient research to confirm or deny the other supposed benefits of intermittent fasting.

It works well if you stay dedicated for months, the time I do mess up and over eat even though I'm doing IF I still put the weight back on and its harder to get it off

I do IF with a keto based diet, the issue comes form when I might throw in some carbs/too much food and bam 5lbs out of nowhere in a week

Fasted training with BCAA

Nigga, do you know what you are doing adding in BCAA to a fast?