The Great Front Lever

How many of you faggots can actually hold the Front Lever for more than 10 sec ?

Simple Reminder that if you cant hold front lever you are not the Ultra Fit guy and your deadlift means shit

What the Front Lever Gives you
>Huge Lats and thick Back
>Sttrong Rear Delts and Super Core (no other abs exercise needed)
>You have to be not fat and bulky so a lean physique is a must
>It tights every muscle in your body
>Superhuman Strength
>You can do it almost everywhere
>You get tons of mires from everyone
>Respect as it is a great achievment
>Almost every guy who can do a front lever has a gf and is a cool guy
>Even Zyzz couldnt hold a front Lever

So whats you excuse /fit ?

Also, if you are a manlet and can hold front lever it doesnt count

My "excuse" is that I'm not a manlet.

pretty much this desu

Bullshit mayne. This is the great thing about this exercise and why i glorify it. It takes a long time and dedication for non manlets to achieve this phenomena.

Imagine yourself doing this exercise as a non manlet WOW

I hate skinny legs..

you can replace levers with a movement of mine called giants and it works your gripping strength loads more than your core. espeically good if your elbows/rotator cuffs are narrow and getting your fingers/hands sizeably stronger

i dont reccomend this unless you are a feather weight if you are over weight you can get hurt doing this exercise espeically if you hit your head

Looks terrible on your wrists. Or is that just because the guy in OP's picture is retarded and doing it on a square pole?

its called overhand grip

Here's Adam Raw doing a front lever. He's not a manlet.
He also does one-arm front levers.

What's your excuse, chuck?

Why would you want to train grip strength when you want to train abs/core with a front lever?

Both of you are pathetic. Kys

how do you progress to it tho? seems like trying and failing repeatedly makes gains in the movement way too slowly. they must do a lot of other training to hold that position. and then it's less about the benefits of front lever and more about the gains made from other training, probably heavy lifting.

It's hard as fuck, I won't lie. Hopefully I can do it at some point, as I've only recently gotten obsessed with dragon flags and they're a part front-lever.

>straight leg lifts
>dragon flag
>pull ups
That's it.

dragon flags themselves have a long and arduous progression. that's the problem is you have to do some cuck routine to achieve front lever. i can do pull ups and leg raises just fine. none of these helped any progress towards it. and i don't wish to do dragon flaga.

>dragon flags themselves have a long and arduous progression
Not really, you just need to be able to do Lalanne push ups, and from there you just do dragon flag negatives until you're able to do a dragon flag from the ground up and down.

>i can do pull ups
Can you do 25+ in a wide grip set, tho?

>and leg raises
You mean, completely straight legs, plantar flexion, minimal lats involvement, straight to the bar and down? Are you sure you can do them with a gymnast's form for a set of 10+?

>and i don't wish to do dragon flaga
Clench your ass and do it, man. It's a strength movement like any other, and it looks cool.

>then your deadlift means shit
>Probably can't even dl 3pl

I tried L sitting now and I can do 10 seconds. How much harder is the front lever?

I was an untrained little 18yo tardlet in the army years ago and I could do this almost indefinitely at 5'11" and 175lbs, I just this second tried it at 26yo, 6'0 and 190lbs after NEVER practicing the movement, this exercise means nothing

MUCH, MUCH harder. 10 seconds on an L-sit is nothing. And I'm not saying this to beat you down and keep you down, I'm just talking from experience.
Build up to a minute on the L-sit. Learn the V-sit. Learn the dragon flag. But always try the front lever, you don't know when it'll click.

I've seen hungry skelletons that only ever dug in the ground with a shovel do human flags and whatnot.
Doesn't mean the movement is easy or meaningless.

>front lever
>not training for the superior looking, badass, shoulder sculpting back lever
Balance in all things

Tuck FL holds
Tuck FL rows
Open tuck FL holds
Open tuck FL rows
Start straightening legs FL holds
Split legs FL holds (easier if you have good flexibility)
Narrower leg FL holds

post em, I could use a laugh

My top set of abs popped out more than ever from just doing dragon flags for a week (pretty much every day though). They're also super fun because of their difficulty level.

Except the back lever is much easier. I can do a back lever for about 10 seconds but can barely hold a tuck front lever

How do I get into isometric exercizes like the front lever and the human flag?

I can hold it. It gave me literally none of those things, it is more skill based once you are no longer an intermediate. I am also 210 pounds, unlike the skinny twink manlets like you who have a hard on for gymnastics. Cool ab exercise though, I practice them when I don't feel like doing real core work.