Gym Anxieties

What do you have anxieties in the gym Veeky Forums?

Personally I always worry that I'm making much more noise than is socially acceptable but not realising it.

bump

I'm fat and I believe people look at me and know my whole life story just by looking at me

I believe they somehow know I failed myself a few years ago and let myself go, thats why I have anxiety

Good news is I don't really care anymore, and just trying to go and shut my mind off in the gym but I've always been insecure

I recently got over my fear of the deadlift platform. Always was too worried about looking like a noob (been lifting for 2 years). Tried it 4 days ago for measurements for a new routine. Love it.

>shitting my pants while trying to PR anything
>fucking up my body while trying to PR
>having to deal with some faggot asshole for whatever reason and then fucking up somehow
>failing a bench without a spotter

Don't worry about it lad.

>I always worry that I'm making much more noise than is socially acceptable

ME ALWAYS HAVE SAME FEAR WHEN EATING

kek

Most gym-goers think it's a good thing when a fatty resolves to go to the gym. But, believe me, they notice when you stop showing up.

Pretty good motivation to keep at it, imo.

I feel more comfortable in the gym than anywhere else.

Just do your thing, you'll feel right at home one day.

I always feel awkward as shit just milling around waiting for someone to finish on the bench press.

what the fuck

i have anxiety about there being too many people. Not because i dont want to interact with them but because im afraid im going to have to wait for a squat rack or bench to open

i remember when i first started lifting, there would be always 1 or 2 people sitting and watching me. I realized a month later those people were just waiting for me to finish so they could use whatever i was using.

That's not anxiety. That's annoyance.

Yea, I stopped showing up :(

Also, its weird but when I'm on the treadmill doing 30 min of cardio, everyone wants to get next to the machine right in front of my, to the side or right next to me, jesus just leave me alone and stay away

I've got anxiety about girls thinking I'm looking at them. Will seriously stare at the floor or the ceiling if a girl starts squating in front of me.

So much this, how do I fix this

Don't know man but last chest day a girl started using the squat rack in front of my bench. I took my phone out to stare at my phone, then realised she might think I'm taking pictures. So I legit lay flat on the bench between sets like a retard.

Go back to the gym and get back on the elliptical instead, you can go for much longer and it's low impact so you reduce damage.

hahahahah

I get anxious about dropping weights and making too much noise, I herniated two discs in my lumbar spine 3 months ago because I try to lower my deadlifts slowly to avoid making noise, still haven't recovered and I can barely get out of bed without being in agony.

I can't get myself back in the gym

I just keep pining every week, and hoping for the best

I workout at home and the pumps are insane since test, etc.. but I just don't really see myself going back in the gym

I don't know how anymore

Well the gym is the be all and end all, losing weight should be your primary objective at the moment, just maintaining a 2000 calorie diet should do that.

Don't stress too much over it or be too hard on your self.

When is the baby due?

I always get nervous that my I underwear might rip when I squat, especially on a hot day when my ass is sweaty before I even get to the gym.

> try to exchange glances with qts
> do
>sperg out and look away instantly

ad infinitum

What painting is this?

it reminds me of the style of Saturn devouring his Son by Francisco Goya so that might help idk

>doing lat pull downs
>have to stand up to grab bar
>sit down
>back is facing mirror
>mirror facing whole gym
>scared with my arms straight up my butt crack will show

From off the top of my head, Ivan The Terrible and His Son Ivan, by Ilya Repin

Ivan the Terrible by Ilya Repin

>When I try a new exercise that I've never done before and I don't know if my form is acceptable.

>When I fail a rep and I have to ask someone else to help me

>When I'm so exhausted I struggle to even take the weights off the barbell

J U S T

"Ivan the Terrible and His Son Ivan on November 16th, 1581" by Ilya Repin (1885).

>they somehow know I failed myself
As if it wasn't abundantly clear by your disgusting body. Couldn't be, they must be clairvoyant.

Has it ever occured to you that they want you to look? Now girls are going to think you're gay which makes things even more awkward.

Holy shit. Thats such a good painting

Ilya Repin's painting have a way of conveying emotion really well. Most people agree that the way he paints eyes is superb and almost perfect for showing pain,agony,fear,despair ect..

Favourite painter for me.

one day you will realize that you look pretty alright, after you've put in enough effort and routine diet, and the gym will be a nicer place for you

from a former fatass

I don't really have anxiety in the gym but I get depressed when there is someone bigger/stronger than me.

They only want chads to look dumbass.

>When deciding which exercise to do next, worry that someone will take a machine or piece of equipment I need if I choose the wrong one
>Worry that a qt girl will see the pool of ass sweat I leave on a machine before I can wipe it off
>Worry that a qt will catch me mirin in the mirror
>Worry that my rest period between sets is too long and I lost gainz
>Worry that I'll start using a piece of equipment and some Chad will come over and claim that he was using it (happened once)
>Worry that people will notice I wear weightlifting shoes but almost never squat (kek)

ty for this

>gym will be a nicer place for you

Gym is actually one of my favorite hobbies/social activives I just don't do it anymore. I have no problem with the gym, and in fact every time I do go and workout for an hour I not only feel amazing but tell myself I need to keep going and not give up, but life stress hits and I forget about going every 2-3 days and build a routine of no gym into my free time. Truth be told, I might be fat but I am quite busy and just don't have the time on occasion since my career takes up a large part of my day 7 days a week

The worst thing is probably I'm still fat and people work under me and look up to me in my profession, just kind of sucks I haven't lost the weight since so many people interact with me at work and I always have this in the back of my mind, that they can see how undedicated I am to my life but in my job I'm one of the good ones..

Having to shut off some metrosexual teenager's degenerate Western club remixes on the stereo at ear shattering levels when everyone else is considerate enough to use headphones. Get paranoid the little bastards are gonna try to swipe something of mine on the shelf when I'm not looking.