Is pushups everyday a meme? I don't want to over train or anything

is pushups everyday a meme? I don't want to over train or anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kwKcayYkyAc
100pushups.net/?_ga=2.28447932.1019499723.1497640386-1377388143.1490966660
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Overtrain with pushups, what

I wouldnt worry about overtraining with pushups desu
but if youre doing chest with pushups try and do some back exercise as well. maybe assisted pullups?

over training is only a thing for top athletes not dyel's

well I mean pushups on top of everything else. I have 2 arm days, 2 chest and back day, and 1 leg day

So I could work out everyday as a beginner?

Is walking everyday a meme ? I don't want to overtrain.

I don't like your tone

Your routine is awful and you should feel awful

Overtraining is a meme

Overtraining is a myth, there's only undereating and underresting. Upper body needs a lot of volume and regular moderate rep light intensity stuff like push-ups is great for recovery.

It won't be what makes or breaks your progress but banging out a set of push-ups every couple hours or so will help in the long run.

Fitness is a meme

I did the pushups everyday thing for a few months, I started getting unbearably sharp pain in my wrists.

Read the sticky

fist push ups are safer in my experience

You can always work out everyday, just dont do the same workout everyday

Is it safe to not be in a state of suspended animation every day? I don't want to overtrain.

Probably because you can't get toned by walking

Pushups are fun

Holy shit the information in this thread. Of course you can overtrain, unless you're on gear. Overtraining = catabolic mode, no muscle gain. All these idiots taking advice from people on gear and wonder why they look like shit after 5 years of overtraining.

agreed

Overtraining is not a meme - it's real.

You guys missunderstand what it means - it's not giving a muscle inadequate rest before working it again. Overtraining is where the overall workload being put on the body exceeds the bodies maximum rate of recovery for a prolonged period of of time - it effects the body's central nervous system not the muscles. It would be caused by INTENSE physical excertion (which also encompasses stress and lack of sleep and inadequate nutrition) over a prolonged period of time.

If you train INTENSLY for 6-7 days a week for a long period of time the commulative stress this puts on your body will catch up with you. The symptoms feel like flu, you get incredibly tired, feel week, body aches, headaches and you feel incredibly tired not matter how much you sleep.

I've experienced this myself twice in my lifting career - it's not fun. It took around 5 days before I was able to train again.

Some extra push-ups are not significant enough to cause you to overtrain though OP.

Alan Thrall has a good vid explaining Overtraining - youtu.be/kwKcayYkyAc

I have done push ups almost everyday for 3 years and my wrists are fine

I feel like my CNS gets fucked up occasionally, is there anything I can do other than training less often?

What's your training pattern like? Usually it's not having enough rest days combined with lack of sleep. When you are starting to overtrain you will notice a string of bad workouts.

You can also just take regular reload week like once every 2 months, where you go to gym and train at a lower intensity to give the body a chance to recover while still giving the muscles some stimulation to maintain neural muscle patterns.

kek

you want to get better at something? get an actual program.
saying "I'll just do some push ups every days and eventually I'll get better at it right?" is just being lazy and wasting your time

100pushups.net/?_ga=2.28447932.1019499723.1497640386-1377388143.1490966660

wow some people are different than others what a surprise.

Crazy how nature do dat

so you can't do 50+ deadlifts everyday?