Does Veeky Forums have any hobbies that make them question their own manhood ?

> tfw avid board gamer who paints miniatures when not lifting heavy ass weights

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-AU/Warhammer-40-000
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. I watch Bob Ross videos and paint alongside him. I ordered his stuff off Amazon

My man, what games?

I regularly lift, then go and play D and D with my mates. Funny thing is out of the 6 of us, one's a rower, 2 lift, and another's a First team rugby player.

i wanna get into this hobby and embrace my born again wizardry. Any links? I wouldn't consider myself very creative though, are their guides that walk you thru each piece?

>implying miniature games aren't the pinochle of brain gains

Same feels. I play Imperial Fists.

275/315/425 (squat's my weakest because I neglect leg day... I know, I know).

But I'm also into Cars (Working on a 1993 300 ZX twin turbo with about 52k original miles), Guns (I hunt, but I also like collecting C&R when I can), and Computers (I don't game, but I like to build em).

Just a quick question, user. Whenever you're at your lgs, do you get treated like a 2nd class citizen for not being a greasy lardass? I do. It's funny too, because the girls there (it's a pretty big store that has about a dozen tables set up at the back on weekend nights for games), always awkwardly try to get my attention in one silly way or another. I'm not there to hookup, those types of women are batshit crazy, I just want to play some 30k.

what are you into my man?

Ive played warhammer fantasy battles for a long ass time now 40k and starting into D&D

Have you played Kindom Heaven monster yet ? I've been playing a burrowed version from my brother in law . Wow ! The game is fucking intense

Half of my platoon either plays Magic or paints 40k miniatures.

Fell in love with the Night Lords after reading the omnibus, but also have a soft spot for Argel Tal from the HH series.

I dance which according to my brother and several others is "kinda gay"

How's it working? Did you have any experience painting before already?

* kingdom death

Fug muh bad

im the initial guy you replied to, this is another gentlemen. But I didnt even know there were games involved. I just wanted to autistically paint tiny things as a form of meditation

When I'm not lifting I'm playing 30k at my local shop during the day and run a D&D game with my smoking buddies.

What D&D or RPG tabletop simulators do you recommend to those wanting to get into the hobby ?

Have been eyeing games like Star Wars imperial assault , Descent or Gloomhaven

I'm diamond in Starcraft, Overwatch and League. I also play a fuck ton of D&D and Magic the Gathering.

Nothing wrong with having hobbies, they are what makes you unique and interesting.

All flesh must be eaten is a real easy beginners game or D&D 4e.

All flesh because you're making yourself as a character which is easy AF, 4e because they have pre made characters and it runs a lot like WoW

Comic Book Collector here. I used to collect Hot Toys as well, but I've stopped for a while now.

I'm also studying physics at a Uni, though that's nothing to be ashamed of. I just wish it allowed for more time to exercise.

If you give a fuck about what people think of your hobbies to the point of thinking you should change them, then you should seriously question your manhood.

Not OP but I'm afraid to go to mine because of this + a lil autismo. I feel like I'm treated differently for not wearing nasty sweats and a stained oversized t shirt too.
>those types of women are batshit crazy
Kek and true

I've always loved oil paints. I'm fucking terrible at them and havnt painted in 2 years. My parents have set out some old art work (I work for them, not live there) I think to try to get me to finish it or start up again. Really like model airplanes too. My grandma used to order me those fact cards you would get in the mail. I had 3 3-inch binders full of those fucking cards.

i also paint toy soldiers. malifaux/warhammer/warmachine

So cute! I love knowing there are guys out there playing d&d who are also Veeky Forums

You've given me hope that user. Do you think you'd ever go to a D&D con if the adventures and prizes seemed worth it? I'm asking for a friend. But really I ask because I help run a con and I wonder why our crowd is so limited (we stock more multi XL shirts than normal sizes) just curious

Who here pumped for 8th Ed tomorrow?

I absolutely love Bionicle

>These hobbies

My heart is going crazy

bob ross is amazing man, dont question yourself
well relaxing to watch

Watching the Dunc every day, I want my death guard

My main boardgame circle is alpha as fuck, except for me.

its very fun and relaxing

Warhammer :Age of gaymar (Sigmar)
is fantasy knights goblins all that shit magic but it became really shit because they made the gameplay mechanics too close to 40k if you are new to miniatures go for warhammer 40k

Warhammer 40 000 is futuristic fantasy guns mechs drop pods with fantasy races like space elves and different other really fun cool shit if u wana paint go for this

games-workshop.com/en-AU/Warhammer-40-000

I kinda do kinda don't want roid-marines to add to my SM. I play lots of different armies though and I'm most looking forward to Nids not being shit-tier anymore.

I've almost completed all background fluff for 2nd ed. 40k, am making headway into 3rd & 4th, have 2 bookcases full of Black Library fiction from both settings (fuck AoS), have WDs going back to double figures and am starting to accumulate comics. Everything I've mentioned that isn't a book has a box file/hard folder and is painstakingly wrapped using plastic folders with no selotape (because it'd be sacrilege if it went wrong)

I'd absolutely go to a con, although because I live in the middle of nowhere I haven't found time to, so I satisfy my roleplaying itch by playing locally and lurking Veeky Forums.

As for the limited crowd, I don't have much experience of the matter, but I brought my friends into D + D is by bringing them slowly into it, rather than trying to dump the whole lot of them at once.

So I started by DM'ing a game for them with a simple "It's really easy, just tell me what you want to try and do and I'll handle the rules, think of it as as skyrim without a computer" and then gradually introduce them to rules and roleplaying as you go along. Start trying to appeal to people who aren't yet into the hobby, and then build from there.

no not yet ill luk it up

Traveler, D&D, and Pathfinder in that vein, but those are pretty manly in my book. Same with some light vidya and anime.
I guess my self feminizing and researching HRT and transition times makes me question my manhood.

fuckin this. i look like a chad but am autismo so i feel so out of place at these events. i wanted to get into warhammer fantasy or age of sigmar but don't want the akwardness of being treated differently. the hambeasts or autismo girls will hit on me just like in highschool and the insecure neckbeards will be petty and passive agressive with me.

i- i just want to overrun the empire with my custom painted lizardmen. not dance around awkward social situations.

but to answer OP's question i skateboard which makes me feel like a kid.

I stay at home with my cat and teach her tricks and play with her a lot more than I go out

Fuck those neckbeards user, do what I've done and go full retard with the lore. If they want to get all clicky with you then tear their appreciation for the hobby apart. It's nasty and unpleasant but, speaking from experience, they're mostly meeker than a Skink on it's own in the middle of Norsca and fall apart when you can surprise them like that. Also fuck AoS. If you like it you like it but personally I wish it was part of the cladding for Grenfell

I crossdress while tiding up my home and enjoy falling asleep watching makeup tutorials.

I just play LoL to let out my competitive and fantasy desires

>used to paint warhams
>got interested in it again recently
>some of the new miniatures are fucking amazing
>buy all new paint and brushes and assorted tools and a big ork warboss
>massive investment
>give up after a while because apparently im not good at it anymore

Put this in Veeky Forums terms.

Would you, after not going to the gym for a while, give up when you return because your lifts aren't as good as they were, or would you use your previous skill as motivation to regain and surpass it?

wut thu fuk

My negro. Halfway through Lord of Change. Heresy era 1K Sons and Space Wolves shelved for the summer.

Also DnD, the - now - occasional Magic game and [spoiler] writing short stories [/spoiler]

Just after I started lifting I became a brony. One of the very first, too, episode 4 hasn't even aired yet. I quit watching mid season 3 because the show is crap without the original director. I still got a bunch of brony online buddies to talk and play games with. Still got the miniatures in my room of the main cast, one of them even a gift from ex gf. Had 3 gfs since show aired, none of them seemed to be bothered by it, infact some even seem to dig the contrast in a man. I also am never obnoxious about it like you'd expect, usually it would go "hey are those mlp figurines? Why are they here?" and I'd answer "yea I think their cute" and then don't talk about it unless asked.

>Want to try d&d
>Get friends who are keen
>Organise group
>After 1 or 2 sessions it gets too hard to organise, somebody is always busy
>Give up
>Try again in a few months
>Repeat

;_;

The official warhammer youtube channel has lots of painting tutorials. The guy who does the tutorials (Duncan) is very enjoyable to watch. The kits are expensive but very well articulated.

Try Heroquest. It's a lot simpler but easier to play on your own

Bro painting them must be so meditative though, like fuck I wish I had money to have a hobby, thinking about dumping my fiance to run free as the wind blows

David get the fuck back to work

I still text roleplay online... Old habbit that won't die yet. I started when I was 14 and I'm 31 now.

Veeky Forums just cares about what women think too much and trying to meet their expectations that they may be the only board that would change their hobby for that reason.

I love warhammer and 30/40k straight up just for the lore. After playing Dawn of War 1 when it came out I started reading the codices and black library books and one amassed a huge collection of both. I thought about getting into the tt to play, but I hate painting and the few times I've been to my lgs have been awkward to say the least.

It's a shame to because I'd love to make a sisters of battle army or Black Templars, as they are my favorite fluff factions. Although I'd probably just pay someone to paint my minis

I make custom figmas

As of lately I do programming contest problems and I'm working on a satelite dynamics simulator.

>SoB
>Black Templars

My fuckin mate

>/v/ secondary can't even be bothered to prime and paint fucking white shoulder pads
You're the cancer killing the hobby

Ayyy

Fuck you too buddy. I've always hated painting and I always will.

Bro, if you're considering dropping your fiance, it's probably a good idea to do it anyway because it's probably a good sign that you're not going to be happy in the long-term.

I know right? Y'all are just big ol' sweetheart nerds who happen to have muscles. The world is beautiful.

That's great advice! Most of the people who come are regulars at cómic ship d&d nights but it's a good idea to introduce others to it. I'm very shy but I will at least work on what kinds of things I could do and I'd try to execute it once I've developed a plan.

At first I was mirin and now I'm inspired. Thank you so much user.

tau and death guard player here

or less player, i'm only doing it because the painting is fun. here's the first models i painted after like a 10 year break

ohp/bench/squat/dead 70/115/130/150 kg

BT are the best. my nigga.

I enjoy building plastic model kits as well

You going to get the new Death Guard models and Mortarion when they finally release him?

im the same. love the lore overall but some bits (especially the recent stuff) is too shit and i wouldnt want to invest in it, i mean they just fucking squated SMs for fucks sake. nothing is safe. plus the whole age of smegma insanity. is it possible for a company to have a mental illness?

oh yeah GW also turned dowiii into a turd too. something must of gotten in the water over there or something

The fact that they cut the galaxy in half just makes me scratch my head. And apparently a century later they sulk have yet to make contact with literally the other half of the imperium

same
I play DnD every friday morning with the bros before lectures start. Also read sci-fi/fantasy in the library when we're not doing homework. MMA/kickboxing with other bros on other days.
>tfw the guy who gives unsolicited fitness advice to chad blockmates is a fucking nerd with no gf

i feel the need to come back and add to this. the entire HH series was so fucking bad and may as well been a hit piece on 40k lore

Like a lot of other people in this thread, I'm into D&D.

> forever DM

bruh, I actually starting painting this winter because of Bob Ross. I kinda moved away from his style, but I still listen to him when I paint. He's just so pure.

oh shit
I knew there were more of us

honestly kingdom death is garbage, its not even hard because the designers undervalued action economy abuse items. I dont enjoy because the actual combat is easy and it inserts artificial difficulty with a lot of "lol, you rolled a 1 u die"

Breh I wanna get into acting, seems fun

I'm also a singer

Those are probably the only two hobbies that make me feel wierd telling people about

>Thunder Warriors Chad Stride across the planet, conquering it it because Chad always wins
>Get mown down by Space Marines at the very end
Were the Adeptus Astartes the Beta Uprising?

I play 40k as well as D&D.
Kickstarted the Darksouls board game and now I'm really contemplating buying Kingdom Death: Monster.

As much as I love board games and miniatures, the hobby does tend to attract weird people, especially at games stores.

Y-yeah

/mlp/

Stats
BW: 65kgs
Bench: 100kgs
OHP: 65kgs
Squat: 145kgs
DL: 160kgs

Depression

I draw questionable things

if you're passionate about something thats cool my dude, lifting is some of the most masculine things there is, so since you do that as well it all balances out

Pretty much this.

literally dozens of us. whats your favorite kanohi? also Takanuva is a fucking bitch.

>subscribe to seemingly girly baking youtube channels
>enjoys baking and decorating cakes.

whenever new friends come into my kitchen and they didn't know, it always starts an interesting conversation, either they are really confused, or very interested and open to it. i make at least one cake a month and try different recipes for pastries once a week.

How do you fit all those carbs into your macros?
>friends
O-oh.

historical miniatures > fantasy miniatures

What are some good Historical wargames? I enjoy the hobby, but I'm getting a bit tired of the autism at my local Games Workshop

>not realizing Warhammer is future historical events

I'm pretty new to it myself, but I like to do napoleonics in 28mm, but there are a lot of other options. there are a shit ton of different rule sets, but a good one is the black powder rule book. there are a few big conventions for it where I learned a lot about it, the biggest one is Historicon, which is in Virginia during the summer

> not preferring the aesthetics of early 19th century warfare

I like to play minecraft.

t. 21yr old

>board gamer who paints miniatures
>question their own manhood

How many women you know who play board games and paint miniatures?

Thats actually very nice user

I've literally never seen a woman(female) in a GW store, so you might be on to something there.

I have. There's a ton of them at my shop and let me tell you they are the weirdest fucking people I have ever met. Not like, female wise but actually just as human beings.
I don't play miniatures, I play Yu-gi-Oh because I hate myself and like to waste money at the age of 23.
Anyways, tournaments at our game shop (MTG, YGO, Pokemon, etc) are the same night as warhammer. I have seen so many different guys at the game shop playing YGO and Miniatures that you would never expect. One guy has kids, another is a lawyer, its like Clark Kent vs. Superman with some of the guys I know there because of how weird it is to see them there.
Now for the girls, Pink hair, overweight, pick there noses and wipe them on there jeans (Seen it 5 times) cant socialize, desu I don't even think they'd fit in on Veeky Forums with how fucking autistic they act.

>implying sending little plastic men to die for the emperor isn't the manliest hobby around

i actually don't care to eat them if that makes sense. i just enjoy cutting the cake, icing it, bordering it, and making movie themed cake and dessert items. i made "Alien" egg mini cakes last week. i bring them to work and they disappear.
i make raspberry tart oatmeal cookies for myself and those might be the only ones i actually eat.

(also user-kun, i mean when the guy comes in to do pest control in my apartment i make small talk about why my kitchen sometimes has flour everywhere.. friends.. ha........ha.)

I'm keen to get Mortarion to paint if the model is good, but I'm not too hot on many of the Dark Imperium DG models. Plus I like my models to be relatively unique so if I did get them I'd be chopping them up for conversions.

Awesome user, happy to help.

We've already broken it in Poland. Some lists are fuken crazy.