Anyone who started off as scrawny plebs...

Anyone who started off as scrawny plebs? How long did it take you to gain anything in like 6 months and what did you do to get there?

drink a 6 pack of beer every 2 days and i guarantee you'll gain weight

You have it on fucking easy mode. Don't listen to anyone else on here, ectomorphs tend to be the biggest fucking complainers (whereas the obese actually appreciate minute changes).

Lift heavy and eat as much as you can.

> How long did it take you to gain anything in like 6 months
6 months.
Jokes aside, it took just upping the weight everytime I could do 3x5 on a lift. I had a shit diet and okay sleep. I plateaued to Hell one day so I changed up my diet and got under a program. Nothing changed so I fixed my form on all my lifts. Even after I fixed my form, nothing changed.
I keep upping my calorie intake, but nothing's changing.
> tfw only bench 145
> tfw only squat 225
> tfw only deadlift 225
> tfw only OHP 100

What's your program? Your stats are at 6 months ?

I did SS, but that was some shit so I just switched to GSLP.
My stats were pretty much the same.

Count calories. You probably dont eat as much as you think you do. Men need 2500 a day. You need more than that to grow.
Post routine.

I started off with SS, but just today I switched to GSLP. Hoping it works.

GSLP looks what my high school weights coach taught us to do. But just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, is pic your program?

I had 2100 so far. I weight at a low 110. How far should I go?

Nah, it's a variation of that.

You need to do your TDEE + 500 in calories with a gram of protein per pound of body weight.
Google "TDEE calculator" and you should find one to calculate it for you.

Solid program.

That actually makes me feel good. I might make it after all. Thanks user!

Do this It will probably be around 3k a day. Thats what mine is at. I can tell you that it will be more food than you are comfortable eating.

>tfw been skelemode all my life and now I feel like an absolute fat shit with all this food I now am required to take in

Eat big and get big. I gained 32 lbs of muscle while staying at 11% body fat in 1 year exactly. My bench went from 85lbs to 295

If you feel it's not enough you might consider a few accessory lifts (lats pulls, lunges, forearm curls, etc). It covers the basics strongly but stays there as well.

This is my worry. I have low body fat and want to keep it. No point in being strong if my belly looks like a beach ball...

This "clean" bulk stuff isnt bullshit, right?

t. fatty

My bench went from 95 (with proper form) to 185 for 1rm
could curl 60 pound barbell for 10 after 6 months
went from 132 to 140 with very low body fat since i played tennis everyday
the main concern when you are startin out should be to maximize the protein and calorie intake

I came out with 1582. How would +1000 turn out?

No way you did that right...

Im going back to the gym on monday after 2 weeks off

Im going to start eating 4000-4500 cals a day on monday

According to a weight gain calculator i need 3700 cals a day to gain 2 lbs a week

With 4500 a day i think im going to gain 3 lbs a week

You'd put on a lot of fat. If you're conscious about getting fat, then start out with +500 and progress your way up to +1000.
I guess you could do +250 each week. Like week 1 = 2082, week 2 = 2332, etc.

That is not a healthy amount to put on in a week... You gon get fat.

this is what I got.

Take the days you're going to go the gym into account. Put in 3-5 days of exercise to get a more accurate TDEE for when you do go to the gym.

Yeah that sedentary lifestyle will do that I guess...
Buy whey protein and a large blender bottle. 2 scoops of powder (vanilla is easiest) and fill that bitch up with whole milk (will be 700ml to the brim). 1 shake like that is 800 calories and 80 grams of protein.

>How long did it take you to gain anything in like 6 months

About 6 months.

Im 5 11 163, i workout 5 days a week and workout very hard

Fuck wrong wording. I meant how much did you accomplish in 6 months.

Congrats. We have the same stats and lifestyle (not a manlet though). But that still is a lot to put on in such a short amount of time. How long are you planning on sustaining that kind of growth?

You're not going to like what I have to say.

4 years.

Started at ~ 138 @ 6"1". After a year I was ~ 161, but my diet was still sporadic due to work/no breakfast/sometimes no lunch

Year 2 I resolved to fix that. Got up to 170. Several minor injuries piled up and I had a hernia outside of lifting.

Now I'm ~ 205, and I've fixed most of the "minor" issues.

If I could give starting me that "6 months" advice, it would be
> work on getting form tight early. Stability moves iron, iron adds weight
> get a regular sleep schedule. If you're really pushing yourself and life, you'll know how little sleep is too little in the long run
> plan your meals and count calories for a while, if only to not be guessing.
> pay attention to your dick. Even more so than your lifts, arousal/stamina will suffer if there are deficits in food/sleep/stress. I tend to have little margin for error, and once I really started to pay attention to my body there was suddenly more to focus on my lifts

Get a lifting buddy who can lift more than you. That's what did it for me. I worked out for 6 months and didn't really see much gains, then I started working out with my friend who could bench 315 and the gains started flying in.

I'm super competitive and it bugged the fuck out of me that he could beat me.

Im going to do it for 1 month

3 day a week full body split for two years made marginal noob gains. More gains came from eating more. 3.5 years of working out and my lifts are a little beyond dyel switching to 4 day split to try to achieve thick by next year

Wow you look like shit LOL

Started off at 120 2 years ago, then last year up to 138 and now I'm 152. I didn't lift until this year, I just ate a lot and did bodyweight and tried to not gain too much weight due to wrestling. My lifts then and now are bench: 175 1rm to 235 1rm. Squat 200 1rm,to 285 1rm. Deadlift 295 1rm, to 400 1rm.
All in 5 months natty. I'm 6'1 @ 154lbs

how badly does anxiety affect burning calories?

I know, can I see what you look like so I can see what I'm aiming for?

I went from skellington to normal dyel in 4 months. I couldnt follow the program tho and have stalled ever since kek but at least i pass off as a normal hooman bean now

This is 2 years of lifting with a clean-ish diet, completely natty. Started at around 6'4" 190lbs, now I'm around 6'5" 205lbs at whatever bodyfat.

Areas to improve: Thickness of back, and legs. My legs are cut but tiny.

120lbs at 6'1"? Holy fuck please tell me you have pictures of this

Wash a lot of dishes in your bathroom, do you?

Sadly I lost them all when my phone broke

Concentrated dish soap with lotion is like a dollar, lasts way way longer than any hand specific soap.

also i had no soap and this was the only thing in my cupboard

i started at 176cm / 53kg.

it's been 8 months now, i'm at 59kg.

but gaining mass was never my focus, actually. i'm a cyclist lifting for strength. i could have a faster progress if i didn't care about my 9h/week endurance workouts.

t. skele

i've gone from 140 to 175 since february and i'm 6'3"

>ectomorph
Take your broscience bullshit elsewhere you faggot.

poo

I doubled my bench in six months, got pretty good a lifitng and whatnot, and basically saw very little change. I feel better and look better in general but there is nothing where its like "oh my god im so different". Pic is me at 6 months

have fun with the liver problems tho

Can you take this again, but without the dog, and move the phone slightly to the left so it doesn't cover your body

bullshit

foad

What are you doing here milo?

Holy shit, is it really Milo?

Have you considered creatine, if you're not using it already?

Cycling creating to blast through plateaus has always been helpful for me, desu senpai

>tfw have that same body only it's hidden under 25lbs of fat

getting real tired of this exercise / high protein meme

So it goes, 1.2.3.rest.1.2.3 rest?
or just monday Wednesday friday

Thoughts on this?

Don't worry about "how long" as long as you bulk probably (bw in lbsx18) you will gain muscle and strength at an optimal amount for a long time until you inevitably have to cut. You will gain about .7 lbs a week eating that much without getting too fat or making too slow of progress.

I was 53 kg at 175 cm and after taking anti depressants I blew up and gained so much weight. Am nearing eighty kg 1.5 years later.

>No freedom units

Suck my dick,should'nt have changed a perfectly good metric system

This took me 7 months. Ate as much as i could.
2pl8 5x5 bench
320 deadlifts (i got back problems)
No squats
1pl8 ohp

6'3 tall
Started 174lbs > 203lbs now

Now all i wanna do is the finesse stuff.

Anecdotal evidence from a cripple

dem collar bone aesthetics

How is cycling going to help me gain weight?

If you eat enough and up weights/reps each session you will gain a lot in 6 months as a beginner.

Awesome. Time to bulk up I'd say

started off at 147 lbs @ 5'9" pure skinnyfat. now im 160 lbs. still weak but after 10 months my stats are:

165 lbs incline bench 4x6
225 lbs squat 4x6 (could probably do 235 4x6)
275 lbs rack pull 3x6
115 lbs 3x6 ohp

did meme dumbbell only exercises for the first 8 months. now im doing candito's linear strength/hypertrophy program, more or less.

About 15 years ago in high school.

Pretty much just ate a shit ton more protien, 3 subway footlong sandwichs a weekend, and lifted. Got strong fat real quick.

Now adays just aiming to trim weight down a bit. But fuck is it harder when you can actually afford shit or get it free.

it wont, just take 5g every single day

>How long did it take you to gain anything in like 6 months and what did you do to get there?
I gained 3kg

Which I think is pretty fucking shit tier, mainly because my diet was seriously lacking in calories. But honestly it was still totally worth it. You go from utterly unattractive to potential in 6 months even on a shit diet.

Very good bro idk why no more comments

I think you look alright, definitely big, maybe work on arms and traps more

If you are a bonelet like I am with naturally lower weight due to a narrower frame, then I highly recommend getting good at basic bodyweight exercises like pull-ups. It feels good to be able to crank out 12 pull-ups while big guys who lift more than you can't even do one.

I used to be 110lbs 5'10". Now I'm 140lbs, people always guess my weight to be much higher around 150-160 because I "look muscular", but my weight potential is just low due to my frame.

I've only recently started lifting seriously and I have no idea how many sets and reps of what I should be doing, I know that I should be doing compound free weight exercises like squats, deadlifts, and standing presses, but I have no idea how many.

I'm pretty skinny (5'11", 132lbs) so I figure I should be going for muscle growth, what would be a good program for this, or where could I go to find one?

skeletons have it so fucking easy the problem is that you little bitches can't eat to save your lives

didnt the western world start as imperial and the europes changed to metric? metric is better but still get your facts straight

OP I am 15 and have been going to the gym daily and running every second day for almost 6 months

you can get ripped in 6 months with dedication.

what program did you use, I am in a similar situation looking for an intense program for faster progress

I just started lifting this week Veeky Forums

How are my lifts for a beginner? I do these for reps

>Bench: 1pl8
>OHP: 0.5pl8
>Deadlift: 2pl8

I'm 6 feet and 160 pounds and am still growing. Doctor believes I'll be somewhere between 6'2" and 6'3" based on growth chart and family history.

Am I too skinny?

Wtf kind of crop is that, if you are going to take a picture take a normal picture.

And yeah you can get ripped in 6 months, doesn't mean you will be big or strong, you are clearly neither of those

Also how long should it take me to hit 1/2/3/4 given what I'm starting at for lifting?

How old are you?? Decent lifts, where is your squat at tho

Id say 6-8 months if you stick with a proper program

Dub dont lie i gained 20 dirty pounds like this in a few months.

Nice brev.

I just turned 18 this month actually. I haven't really tried squat because the few times I tried it while warming up my left knee felt very sore and felt like that for next day. This is the same knee that I got spiked in when playing baseball.

I think I need to read more about proper form for squat though. I could be doing it incorrectly.

Proper program would be SS, correct? No memes pls

I started with a machine only program for 6 months. Did see some gains but they were small. I really started to see gains when i did SS. I did it with the added chins and added rows. Went from 80kg to 100kg before i injured my back because im an uncordinated guy. This was 4 years ago. I sparely lifted over the years due to university.

I started lifting again, properly, 9 months ago and i learned how to keep my spine neutral. Im getting stronger and bigger then i ever were. And have learned how to properly make a full body program over the years ive been lifting. Now im 106kg at 18% bf and cutting.

i forgot to add that i was 74kg at 186cm when i started. And 80kg when i started SS. in 6 months of SS i gained 15kg, and most of it was muscle

>deload
>progress
>deload
>progress
>deload
>progress
>deload
>progress

Hmmm, get that checked by a doctor, could also just be because your legs are growing, I had it happen too when I was around 16, for now stick to leg press, lightweight on squats and focus on form, watch loads of videos and read a lot of different articles.

SS would be your best bet for strength rn

Nobody natty can gain 15kg of muscle in 6 months, most of that was not muscle

height?

>15
MODS

I didn't use any perticular program. Just a mixture of excersiezes daily excersizes.

This guy cant even spell, I know hes 15 but damn

>not strong
>bad crop
>daddy issues