Do you really need incline bench if you have bench and ohp or is it just fear mongering?

Do you really need incline bench if you have bench and ohp or is it just fear mongering?

need? no. But it does look better to have a fully developed chest and incline bench is a great way to accomplish that

>Do you really need incline bench if you have bench and ohp or is it just fear mongering?

Nope

Do cables or incline dumbell presses instead.

Yeah that's the point. Which part of the chest stays undeveloped if I have bench and ohp

Don't get me wrong I don't mind them I just want to know

My chest looks sognificantly better after including incline in my workout. I used to think I didn't need it either, I was very wrong.

I have a question, I'm about to hit the gym, I've been having issues with some shoulder discomfort on bench press and I'm worried I'm on my way towards injuring it. Do I really need to arch my back like a powerlifter for proper form? or do I just cease bringing the bar all the way down to my chest?

Is decline a meme?

warm up your rotator cuffs with some 10lb plates or dumbells

Are you squeezing your lats together?

Don't do this. I hate seeing people do this shit. This is how you get more shoulder pain. Do dynamic stretching only prior and warm up with light weight presses first. Include CABLE internal/external rotations as your last two shoulder exercises to strengthen your rotator cuff.

Can you give a reason, instead of giving your opinion that nobody asked for?

I actually do this usually, why would warming up my shoulder cause pain? I use thenligtedt dumbells to do this usually 2.5 lbs

Because when you swing around 10 pound dumbbells what you're actually doing is wearing our your rotator cuff before you even get started. That's not how you're supposed to warm up. Your opinion is retarded. Kys self

Cables offer actual constant resistance in the internal/external rotation movement. When you see people doing it with free weights they're not actually doing anything but putting strain on their elbows and rotator cuffs, because there is no resistance

dont do incline barbell, only use dumbells

Do heavy low rep flat barbell bench for power explosiveness and ego and incline dumbbell press for reps for aesthetics. If you don't do both you're a lazy faggot.

Lol just 35s?

Fuckin pussy

Pull your shoulder blades back and down. You should feel tension in your lats. This tightness will keep your shoulders back while you press and keep them safe. You must maintain this tightness or else you will fuck your shit up.

>KillYourSelf Self
M8 KYS

Why?

dunno))))

Kys

just do reverse grip bench lmao
a lot safer

If i pull my shoulders back and down i get pain, so to solution for me have been pulling the shoulders slightly up and back. Now i can bench pain free.

How should I include incline in my routine? do you rotate them week by week or do both flat and incline when you hit chest?

I do incline right after flat bench at about 60% of my flat bench weight. Typically I go for 3 sets of 8-12.

Not really. It's easier on the shoulders, so if ya fuck up your shoulders you can consider doing decline instead.

No. If you do 30 sets of bench you'll have practically the same chest as if you did 15 sets of incline and 15 sets of bench.

However if you replace OHP with incline, you'll see more chest development and less shoulder/trap development.

no, I stopped bench pressing altogether and my chest has never looked better. I only do dips and olympic press.

>not doing a rep for every degree

I always start with them. Then dips/cable chest press. I dont really miss flat bench at all.

do it, your tycho brahe will thank you

Did you mix something up or will this Danish astronom thank me?

upper chest
YOU DON'T WANT TITS DO YOU

>not doing a set for every degree

How do you keep the tension in your lats? When I lay down I can keep it, however the second I move my arms to reach the bar, it feels like the tension is lost and my shoulders spill away. Any mental cue I should keep in mind?

OHP doesn't really work chest, stop spreading this fucking meme. You're fooling all the newbies into thinking you can get away with doing only lift per muscle group.

it always works chest to some degree. chest involvement depends on the form, doing it in a way it used to be done in the Olympics is a valid chest exercise.

ditto, i think my lats get tired maybe from squeezing, idk why else it happens.

this, I lacked in the upper chest department and now it's getting better with incline

not user, but you can even do incline before normal bench in order to maximize weight

when reaching for the bar. dont move anything past your shoulders. just focus on grabbing it with your arms.

That just turns it into an incline bench with a major chance to land you in snap city, so what's the point?

"this is how you get more shoulder pain"
are you blind?

remove flat bench and do incline bench at a moderate incline.

Gonna have to agree with this here as well

I was asking because people on my college football team used to do it, so I copied them, cunt.
Thanks for the good reply.

negga at that amount of bend its not even incline bench anymore

incline barbell or dumbbell?

it's much cooler and works a lot more muscles than an incline bench, like traps. it's not that easy to snap your shit, if you perform the movement in a controlled manner. besides, you don't have to bend that much to still target the chest.

You can stop doing regular bench press for a month and switch for only Incline Bench Press, you gonna develop your upper chest and when you go back to doing regular bench press you gonna be able to lift way more than you could before, it's perfect when you can't significantly increase your bench press volume for a while and need something to pump your gainz