You should be in and out of the gym in 40 minutes

>you should be in and out of the gym in 40 minutes
What did he mean by this?

He's jelly of your gains and doesn't want you to make it.

It means you should be in and out of the gym in 40 minutes

>yfw you realize this is the natty limit
All that time wasted dieting, years spent in the gym. For this. Fuck that.
Also he meant that frequency>volume for natties

Basically "Do SS"

I could probably do that
Problem is that I workout with friends, so that doesn't work

God this guy looks like absolute shit. No upper chest and his abs are fucked, wide hips, lats not wide enough to make blocky midsection look normal

>40 minutes
let's break that down
>enter gym, walk to locker room
>change, 5 min
>walk to gym
>wait for squat rack to be available, 5 min
>start squatting, 2 sets of empty bar, 2 sets of 1pl8 for warmup, 5 min (and that's excluding stretching
>10 sets, 20 minutes
and then I have 5 minutes left? fuck no
showering and changing takes 10 minutes, so that leaves you a total of 25 minutes for actual exercise
what can you possibly do in 25 minutes

Why the fuck are you showering at the gym? Can't you afford hot water at home? faggot

Don't be such an autist. He means 40minutes from the time you're warmed up to when you're done lifting

>looks like absolute shit

As usual, Veeky Forums cohorts will pour in to say this looks like shit, knows nothing, etc...despite the fact that at 40+ yo he looks way better than 90% of this board ever will.
this. he meant you're better off doing 5-6 40mn lifting session than 2-3 2h sessions.
muscle fatigue helping, the second half of a 90 mn workout either has you work below your " progress weight' or, which happens more, keep the weight high and correct form BTFO.

Instead of a 90, make it 2 45mn sessions. You're automatically going to go harder on the second session than oè the second half of a long session. Plus it makes your training schedule much more flexible and 'resilient.. Whatever comes up, it's easier to move a 45mn session in your schedule than a 2 hour one. And if you must skip a day, you lose 1/5th of your week's training instead of 1/2 or 1/3 of it.

>tfw I have never seen anyone other than me use the squat rack at my gym

I'm fucking jelly. At what time do you go to the gym?
I get there when it opens (7am) and I still need to share the rack sometimes.

same here, my small 24hr gym only has 1 squat rack and a smith machine so all the normies use the smith out of fear of free weights.
which makes my 3pl8 squat even more impressive

Dont forget the shitty traps

t. Mark Rippletoe

Tfw my uni gym has 6 power cages and 6 squat racks. There's always something available, and now during summer the place is almost deserted

>implying I have more time to work out anyway

40 minutes working out, all the rest doesnt count you goof.

Your fat son has lost some weight, and has a good clean diet. He used to workout and kept getting injured. He is willing to try again so he gets laid. What routine do you give him?

That he's a youtube celeb and you're falling for conventional wisdom pushed to edgy limits.

The real optimal time is 60'~80' minutes, but he has to say something sensational to gather views.

You realistically need ~21' for a 5x5 with 3' rest, ~8' for a 3x12 with a rest under 1', and another 15' for a 4x8. Assuming you're averaging on three exercises (two compounds + isolation), assuming you add on top of that at least 2' for warm-up/light cardio and 3' for core, that's 50'. You'll easily lose 5' minutes switching exercises or for a little longer rest, and you'll need to add at least 5' in the locker room + shower (probably more).

60' is the minimum.

you could super set to be more time efficient