I've been seeing this program being shilled here a lot lately and it seems pretty promising...

I've been seeing this program being shilled here a lot lately and it seems pretty promising. This guy is claiming that I should be able to reach 2/3/4 in about a year using this program.

Anyone have experiences with Alpha Destiny? I've been running Candito's LP after coming off Texas Method. I've only been lifting consistently for a year and I'm still pretty weak. Would it be optimal to go back on a linear progression 3 day a week program, even though I feel like I've already reached the cap of my linear progression using Texas Method?

What's the actual program?

fbw 3 days a week, same shit as blahas or stronglifts or anything else for beginners BUT he changed main movements to meme exercises, for example, instead of bench you floor press, you don't squat, you do box squats

Would it be a good idea to throw in some facepulls? I do facepulls because my right shoulder is fucked.

Need answers

>Candito's LP
>Texas Method
These aren't that great
>fbw 3 days a week, same shit as blahas or stronglifts or anything else for beginners BUT he changed main movements to meme exercises, for example, instead of bench you floor press, you don't squat, you do box squats
mfw

>novice program
>box squats
>floor press
>overhead barbell extensions (wat)
>good mornings
>meme-bar deadlift

what a fucking retard jesus christ

>these are that great
you know literally nothing about strength training

what are your stats? Im not really familiar with his program, but if you couldnt get anything from TM/c6w, then youre probably either too advanced for his program, there are other factors holding you back (sleep/nutrition etc), or youre just a GDE. eat more and run it for a few months, you dont have much to lose t b h

I'm coming back to the gym in this week, and I was thinking about following his plan, because I had frustrating results when I used linear progression type of training...

My stats are pretty weak, I am still recovering after getting mono for a week

Squat 215 x 5
Deadlift 240 x 5
Bench 140 x 8
Press 100 x 5
Can do 10 pullups unweighted, 6 pullups with 15 pounds attached

I'm 165 pounds and 5'11"

Do you know any better alternatives to Texas Method and Candito's LP?

Hlm

and how is your nutrition and sleep? are you gaining weight? at those stats you should have been able to improve on TM. were the workouts difficult and how well did you recover?

Looks like Texas method done backwards
I get plenty of sleep, 7 to 8 hours a night and I never wake up using an alarm. My nutrition seems pretty good, I eat about 4 large meals a day. I was gaining weight, but I lost 10 pounds after getting sick, but I just recently gained it all back.

I switched off Texas Method because it felt like it was heavily favoring my lower body over my upper body. My squats and deadlifts were progressing without any issue, but I stalled fucking hard on bench and overhead press. I swiched to Candito's lp to get more volume in my workouts. Instead of the TM 5x5, I did 4x6-9, which felt a lot better. While I have not added much weight my lifts over the last month of being on Candito's LP, I have increased the amount of reps I can do with the same weight.

Another issue I had with TM is that I did not feel fully recovered from volume day when light day came. I felt like my light days, I had to take it really easy for my upper body. It was weird because I just could not add any more weight to my bench or OHP, but I felt completely sore and fatigued.

yeah. both TM and c6w are known to be bad for upper body. practical programming has a section on altering TM to be better. the alterations can also make it easier to recover from

were you making lower body progress on c6w?

if you want, you can do separate programming for upper and lower body. its common to mix c6w lower with 28free upper for example

>28free upper
Never heard of this program, got a link?

>listening to Jason Blaha
>ever
please be trolling

jesus fucking christ what a total fucking meme-tier routine.

this program has to be a troll, my faith in humanity has not reached a point where someone is this retarded.

>2/3/4
You can reach that with any program within a year.

google "greg nuckols 28 programs". sign up you email and he'll send you a bunch of spreadsheets. he has a pdf to explain which is best for you. you can sub this in place of upper programming for c6w or TM

cool I'll look into this

sauce?

I don't know, I found it here years ago and it's been saved on my hard drive ever since

That is linear progression.

Do you like any of his programs?

yeah. Im running 3x int bench. alot of people in /plg/ are too. it might not be the best one for you tho if you want to progress ohp along with bench

>greg nuckols
Listening to that fat turd

>if you cannot hit 2/3/4 on main lifts then you are beginner
>beginner routine doesnt have the main lifts in it
what a joker

just do normal squats and normal bench no need for these retarded meme exercises hes shillin for no reason.

what alpha destiny is all about is training neck traps and forearms, and hes right about that, but dont do his dumb ass program

>candito LP
>after coming off Texas Method
"This novice program should help me get to 2/3/4"

literally SS + volume

AlphaDestiny pls go.

Seriously, it's rare not to hit 1/2/3/4 within six months of starting Rippletits' program if you do it properly.

It's not much different from Starting Strength or any other novice program designed by a half competent human. You're still going to have to stuff your face to get 1/2/3/4 within a year, especially if you start off weak as fuck. Anyone who tells you that 1/2/3/4 is achievable in less than a year with no prior training experience is either trolling, has never stepped foot in a gym, or both.

Anyway, I haven't read the program myself so I can't really comment on its effectiveness, but judging by the reviews, it seems worth the cash. Just make sure you're putting in 110% effort.

Read the rest of the article and comment section q&a. He saus you can add facepulls, lateral raises, LISS cardio, calves and even neck work

Not the same guy, but his bench and deadlifts routines are great. Not fond of his squat though.

literally this

>Another routine that's just a slightly different flavor of SS/SL

2/3/4 in a year is normal for both SS and SL and you have a LOT more literature/tracking apps/books/forums/people who have done them and can advise you than on any of the spinoffs

just do SS. it's for the best.

wow

>I feel like I've already reached the cap of my linear progression using Texas Method?
>hasn't gotten 1/2/3/4
>thinks weekly LP gains are finished

Are you sub 5' or sub 150lbs, or female?

>"This novice program should help me get to 2/3/4"

2/3/4 are novice numbers.

>wow just wow
what's your point user?