What does Veeky Forums think about rucking?

What does Veeky Forums think about rucking?

will absolutely destroy your knees and back in the long run

its good for your knees

If you are not in a profession that requires it, stop fucking doing it

I've done a fuckload of it - I managed to come out of it fairly uninjured but a lot of people suffer knee and lower back pain after doing it for a while if they dodged the obvious stress fractures you can get along the way if you ramp up weight and distances too fast.
Some advice- as mentioned, pace it up slowly to avoid injury- if you're looking for a routine there are a bunch of websites with training routines aimed at preparing for military service.
Lifting helps - I'm not sure by what exact process but squats and deads really armor the knees up, walking with heavy weight feels more comfortable after you're familiar with heavy squats.
Running is important for endurance, I'd recommend aiming towards being able to run 7km at a good pace and 15km in a medium/slow pace.
It's a very mental thing - it's going to suck but you're going to have keep going.

Also I'm assuming you're preparing for service or a long hiking/camping trip - otherwise I think the dangers of injury outweigh the benefits someone who doesn't need this kind of ability is going to acquire

this. I hate rucking i dont see why anyone would want to do it as a workout

Join a corpse that has vehicles. Combat engineers or Cavalry, fuck being a door kicking digger where you have to fight forward with pack on and run fucking forever destroying your body before you even finish kapooka/singleton.

Straya army cunt

Combat engies get fucked via digging tho, might as well go full pog join raeme

Rucking/pack marching is shit unless you've got a good plan increasing weight gradually, militarybros on here will say its shit because the army hands you a 40kg pack after 1 and half months training and sends you stomping which does wonders for your back, never had knee problems but i expect them in a few years lol

Went from _good_ competitive distance runner and swimmer at 18 to doctor's orders to keep my walking under 3 kilometers daily forever, and never run again

Thank you, leg and neck arthritis. PROTIP: do not enlist, especially for the US Army, especially for the infantry

...And I /was/ in a mechanized unit. talk to someone who had no option but to walk longer distances than me, or guys who jumped first, THEN walked

>tl;dr? spare yourself, no drinking with those goruck wannabe motards afterwards is worth it. they regret not enlisting and are bored with their high paying jobs, and now play soldier with their dwindling testosterone

>army hands you a 40kg pack after 1 and half months training
no, we actually did a pretty decent Crawl - Walk - Run method

I assume you're the user above your post, different army then.

>be at uni gym
>meet guy who says he's going to be in marines
>talking about how he swore in and is shipping out soon
>dresses like some american sniper operator
>he brings his pain in the ass gf in alot too
>talk to him once in a while
>he asks me for a workout plan
>tell him a fuckton of pushups, pullups, dips, running
>he doesn't listen
>does his own bodybuilding stuff
>told me he eats taco bell alot
>don't see him for a while
>he pops up on facebook
>still not a marine
>didn't "ship out to boot" or whatever bullshit he kept telling me

Do guys like this actually make it?

In ROTC. I got a stress fracture and need to ruck during training this summer, gg.

Possibly. Probably. As long as you aren't a total shitbird you should be able to suffer through recruit training. Good recruiters won't ship you until they know you'll make it, anyway.

Shit was so easy... Just a nice walk. Little sweaty but never felt like I was going to die.

Don't do it unless you're getting paid.

Can they do whatever they want with you once you sign a form or something? It didn't make any sense that he kept changing the story once he signed in

Little Blaha

nah, the military can afford to be VERY picky right now so people can flake out if they so wish, this is good for the military because those guys are liekly not what they're looking for anywho

i've never done a true ruck, but when my buddy came back to the marines and saw i got fat he started taking me on mock rucks.
we'd each fill a backpack with books, water, etc. and go hiking. it sucked at first, but once you build some endurance it's fun.

As a milfag who absolutely hates rucking I just do leg day in the gym and maintain my cardio so on the rare occasion I have to ruck it'll hurt for that long moment but im not progressively annihilating my joints and spines over a longer period of time.

Some of the best times of my life involved walking through the 29 Palms desert with a 5 day sustained combat load and a .50 cal receiver

10/10 great for your body especially when you start combat shuffling with all of that shit on

Easy way to arthritis.

Rucking fucks up your knees and back like no tomorrow.

>corpse
Its spelt corp and pronounced core you fucking billy lid.

Regards, t. misrible infantry lance jack.

then you were not wearing and/or carrying enough shit

and/or moving quickly enough

and/or going far enough

Won't happen Again Corp