Healthy: polyunsaturated fats

Healthy: polyunsaturated fats
soybean, walnut, pine nut, flax, chia, sunflower, salmon

Ok: monounsaturated fats
avocado, hazelnut, almond, macadamia, cashew, pecan, pistachio

Bad: saturated and trans fats
pork, beef, dairy, poultry, blubber, coconut, cocoa, palm, hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated

Is this accurate???

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9029197?dopt=Abstract
cardiobrief.org/2017/06/16/guest-post-vegetable-oils-francis-bacon-bing-crosby-and-the-american-heart-association/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I fucking hate "I fucking love science"

It's literally just meme tier shit that'll appeal to liberal Millennial/ Gen-Zs

And eating no certain kind of fat will kill you, just vary your fucking fat sources and you'll be fine

That's the gist of it

>iflscience

fucking lmao

Saturated fat is not bad, it's essential for testosterone production. It's only bad when eating too much it.

Meme science

So what's a good ratio of unsaturated to saturated fats for snack food?

10/1? 6/1? 4/1? Is 2/1 enough?

It is unhealthy, and it's a non-essential fat

Does the cut of meat/pork/chicken or whatever make a big difference on the amount of saturated fats or is it just intrinsic to the flesh itself?

Because damn it's delicious and I don't think I can quit it.

Higher quality cut and meat have less saturated fats, but theres always to be some in meat, except fish i think

saturated fat is non essential for anything other than getting heart disease lol

There is literally no such thing as a "healthy" fat, especially in the context that the phase is most commonly used in (ie "you need to eat more healthy fats" which is applicable to no one). There are many unhealthy fats though.

no like the meat itself without the fat on it or not still has the fat in it.
this is y im vegan lol i realised those foods were bad for my health. still eat fat just in healthier form like in nuts and seeds

Different cuts have different amounts of fat, either visible or marbled in, just like your body stores fat more in one place than another.

Fish have some saturated fat but any source of fat is a mixture of different fats. Even nuts have some saturated fat, but due to other properties like the higher ratio of unsaturated fat and fiber it's not so much of an issue.

wrong
unsaturatted fat is essential for having healthy hormone levels and a 0 fat diet can seriously inflict major harm to ur body

More like:

Healthy: Monounsaturated fats, Omega 3 polyunsaturated

Debatable: Omega 6 polyunsaturated

Not good, but not as bad as people make it out to be: Saturated fats

Bad: Trans fats

Saturated fats are stable and promote hormonal health while unsaturated/transaturated fats turn rancid inside the body creating inflammatory free radicals that are highly correlated with heart attacks. Look up Big Fat Surprise by nina teicholz. AHA is one of the pharma industrys scandals

yeh pretty much OP. IFL science is meme tier garbage but yeh try not to consume any saturated fats its bad for ur heart and leaves u open to cancer, heart disease, and diabeties. seeds and nuts should be ur go to for fat

>Not good, but not as bad as people make it out to be: Saturated fats

Let's not downplay the risks here

>listening to the health jew's endless campaign of misinformation

id say saturated fats and transaturated fats r on the same garbage tier level, u shouldnt be trying to get either of them they r literally useless, its like choosing to eat sugar for carbs instead of like rice or oats or pasta

not really, the 'health jew' wants u to think saturated fats r healthy so u go to the jew run hospitals when ur sick and give them ur money b4 u inevitably die of heart disease. go on american cancer societys homepage and look theyre even sponsored by mcdonalds, thats why they dont come out and say mcdonalds is bad because they r literally being paid to shut their mouths. anyway if ur more insterested in this theres a good doco 'what the health' should check it out

By stable you mean their bonds are harder to break, making them linger in the body, which is one of the reasons it causes health problems, while unsaturated fats more readily oxidize and are much easier to process.

Nina Teicholz is also a quack capitlizing on current diet fads.

Yeah for the most part. the nuance is still being researched, and you can have fats from all 3 categories and still be healthy, really its just excess but that applies to near anything, just what counts as "excess" differs between groupings.

They should teach some basic biochem related to diet, a lot of "alternative" girls bring up coconut oil when it comes to health/dieting and if you mention its the functional equivalent of butter they get assmad

nah desu thats too much of a leniant mindset i say u should avoid saturated fats at almost all costs and unless ur a poorcunt theres no reason as to why u shouldnt just be eating nuts for fat instead.

>what the health
>google search
>first result "vegan documentary"

>Wanting people to give up on red meats and poultry
I wonder who could be behind this post.

yeah, I wonder if it has an agenda...

Enjoy your low test

its not a vegan documentary lol, maybe its labelled that but if u watch it all it really does is shit on saturated fats and theres alot of scientific studies sourced in it aswell, very unbiased

There's the classic fall-back line

lol if anything the jews want u to eat meat, because in doing so ur increasing ur chances of getting all these diseases and sicknesses then ur gonna have toi go to the hospital or doctors which is also run by the jews to get help and that is gonna cost u money. vegans being about 2% of the american population only make up 0.23% of doctor visits (in america)

>look up director
>same faggot that made Cowspiracy

Google "saturated fat + testosterone"

never seen cowspiracy whats that?

Page after page of broscience blogs

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9029197?dopt=Abstract

Only broscience

The problem with animals fat is not the fact that they contain saturated fat , they're the worst offender when it come to Omega 6 PUFA which is the real problem .

You'd lose to much given what you'd have to cut so not worth it. Besides the fats just gonna feed into the TCA cycle nicely if you're fit. There are actually people training to run marathons who shift their diet to almost exclusively fats instead of carbs because you can skip glycolysis, but that takes a lot of training and isn't practical overall. Plus studies show that having various unsaturated fats allows the body to prevent buildup of saturated fats, my biochem is rusty but the long and short of it is the transport of said unsaturated fats chips off the clogging caused by saturated ones. As long as you have an Ok diet you're fine dude.

"who shift their diet to almost exclusively fats"
Low carb athelte aren't Zerocarber of ketard , you know for a real athlete "low carbs" means 80-200 g carbs my boy .

Well that's definitely published research, the same paper every broscience blog cites, but it's a pretty shit study. It's not even an experiment, it's an observational study that only involved 12 men. They just looked at 12 guys and what they eat and then drew correlations from it, with some big outliers.

Half of the men fell between 5g and 10g sat fat per 1k calories, and 17.5-30% fat calories, with no significant difference despite double the fat. The guy that threw the whole thing off with his 5 nmol/L testosterone ate the most percentage of calories from protein, probably eating mostly lean chicken breast and getting shit micros, and while his lean protein diet was the second lowest in total and saturated fat, another guy eating less fat than him had one of the highest test levels.

Even if you took this study's results at face value, you would favor eating monounsaturated fats over saturated fats (and you'd avoid protein)

IT's almost like a diet where there is less carb will make your workout end up in a near fasting states and thus lightly increase test for a short duration .

>saturated fat is bad

why wont they let this die already

Seed oils are way higher in Omega 6 pufas than animal fats.

I'm working on my thesis right now and I've been doing so much statistics in the last couple of weeks that I find regression plots to be really aesthetic
I mean
LOOK at that r2
.62???? nigger that's insane

Yes but most of the people trying to dodge omega 6 know that they should dodge all vegetable oil but still don't understand that they get 1+g per eggs or around 10g per 100 g of pork fat for example .

And they also keep on chugging dat peanut butter even though it's 58% fat by weight and 28% of that fat is omega 6 .
You're looking at 2.8g of Omega 6 in a spoon of peanut butter

>The problem with animals fat is not the fact that they contain saturated fat

That is A problem

Get the fuck off the internet, mom.

Nina Teicholz is actually literally a shill for the meat industry and "her" book was written by a public relations firm for the meat industry. She also gets funding from John Arnold which is some secretive billionaire who seems to fund anything that calls the legitimacy of government institutions into question (he also funds Robert Lustig by the way)

it's a problem , but it's tenfold less important than the fuckhuge amount of omega 6 they contain , this shit is the main cause of all our disease when it's in a fucked up ratio like 30:1 with omega 3 .

That's too sensationalist a claim to make about omega-6, when it's not even widely accepted (outside of pop diet books) that the omega-6:3 ratio is significant

They don't contain that much omega 6, though. I just checked nutritiondata.self.com.

100 grams of beef tallow only contains 3.1 grams of omega 6. 100 grams of canola oil contains 18.6 grams.

dinners ready hunny

Animal fat contains a lot of arachidonic acid which is an actual harmful omega-6 fat, whereas arachidonic acid is rare in plant sources of fat, even if those contain more total omega-6.

And as pointed out, omega-6 being harmful or the omega-6 ratio being relevant is a fringe theory that is not widely accepted (most nuts are high in omega-6 and there is really no evidence to ever show any downside of eating nuts).

And actually, if you look at all the studies and journal articles on omega-6 ratio, 90% of them are written by one single woman who built her entire career on it (she has some Greek name, I forgot)

As a full on 14/88 /pol/ack I feel shame 4 ur rape of English.

Gas the Kikes.

I wasn't claiming omega 6 is harmful. I was just refuting the idea that animal fats are high in omega 6.

A very crappy doc, some nice points come up in it. But very shitty made and full of vegan promo crap.

Which category does olive oil fall in?

>>Take the red pill, go vegan
>LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU
Don't you have summer school or something? Global rule #2 applies here

Ruminant's fat isn't as bad as pork or chicken fat.
Lard is 10% and chicken fat usually 27% .

You will rarely use more than one or two teaspoon of oil in a meal , but think of the amount of animal fat one could consume in a meal . ( especially those who believe it's good ) .

might watch it to see if its anything like what the health, but regardless the one i said is really good and is eye opener

No this is fucking bullshit and IFL science is a fucking shithole website for normie fagets filtered by a 21 year old english major.

no

>sat fats are the healthiest
>mono is good
>only need a little poly
>no trans at all

>sat fats are the healthiest
Yes goy, eat your bacon and don't forget to put miracle coconut oil on everything!

No, it's a biased propaganda piece

cardiobrief.org/2017/06/16/guest-post-vegetable-oils-francis-bacon-bing-crosby-and-the-american-heart-association/

fish hans tons of cholesteral and is also extremely unhealthy for all the poisons in the ocean