Why is internet culture currently treating atheism/agnosticism as an incoherent position?

Why is internet culture currently treating atheism/agnosticism as an incoherent position?

Mostly Veeky Forums, but contrarianism. Atheism and agnosticism are the most logical conclusions. I’m a pantheist by the way.

Because it IS. It's literally the "luk how speshul I am" package. Also explain creation or where the elements that constituted the big bang or whatever you believe was the Genesis of the universe came from. Then you'll say some BS about time not existing but that isn't an answer.

how did god come to be user ;-)

>I don’t understand the science behind the Big Bang
>my Iron Age Canaanite mythology must be true

Huh.

>pantheist
>tfw you become nature

I don’t need to become nature user, I am part of nature.

>I don't know anyone in real life but I'm fairly sure that I can tell you what someone's personality will be like based on some tumblr posts I've read.

Folks might say that atheism/agnosticism are incoherent positions, but from what I can see the only people who get treated as total cultural pariahs are people who take religion more seriously than "oh it's just this social club I'm in, no big deal"

>state of western civilization

>an entire movement based on taking wisdom books literally and acting smart for revealing they make no sense when taken at face value

until someone can refute aquinas' argument soundly atheism is meme-tier garbage, sorry the internet has brought you into contact with people who are aware of this

The real pill is to understand that humans are just a bunch of apes and dont understand anything

Nobody treats agnosticism as an incoherent position. Not now and at no point in history. Everyone has always hated atheists who are confident in their views.

Wouldn't that be agnosticism?

No because agnostics operate on the assumption that they could understand if given proof

My opinion is that atheists are pantheists that don't like to talk about theology unless they get to tell an institutionalized theist they are irrational. And agnostics are pantheists that like to think about theology buut don't like to debate institutionalized theists. And agnostics and atheists don't converse about theology. Atheist: "god is a fairytale", Agnostic: "I don't know what youre talking about".

>"luk how speshul I am" package
Huh? Seems more like a "I'm just another biological organism in a vast universe" package

>Also explain creation or where the elements that constituted the big bang or whatever you believe was the Genesis of the universe came from.
How the fuck should I know?

because contrarians on this very board got bullied in high school by atheists

You're right, it's not typical of internet culture to act smart & logically. Nice of them to step up their game once in awhile

If you can’t beat them

Mock them

> "luk how speshul I am" package
What? If anything most religions are nothing but subcultures of special snowflakes.

> literally everything must have a cause!
> expect first cause because it is *special*
I hope you guys don't think that any reasoning along those lines can be a legit argument.

I'll have universe experiencing itself for 800, Alex.

The first cause isn't without a cause because it is *special*, but rather it is *special* because it doesn't have a cause. You've already lost the plot, friend.

If something allowed to not have a cause then argument, in general, doesn't hold up, because there will be no problem if the universe, for example, exists without any cause at all.

the "first cause" can have a cause
the point is that it is the "fist cause" of our universe and the only one we can use reason to infer the existence of and must be unreasonable to doubt

Except arguing that the universe does not abide by causality undermines the whole idea of science, which is based on the assumed link between cause and effect.

It is? Maybe in America, on most of the internet it's theism that is treated as incoherent.

Because shit like r/atheism was fucking ridiculous, almost seems like a parody