Help me get buff. I'm thinking about just casually lifting at home and getting stronger over little periods of time...

Help me get buff. I'm thinking about just casually lifting at home and getting stronger over little periods of time. I used to lift about 25 pounds with dumbbells at the gym and I'm thinking about buying a set of 50 and getting stronger everytime so they would get progressivly easier. Good idea or bad idea and if bad what should I do?

why would it not be a good idea? I would get a set of adjustable dumbbells (unlike the OP pic) though

Do any of those come cheap?

I wouldn't go right to 50s get like 35s/40s at walmart for like $60 for a pair

get adjustable dumbbells with lots of plates

seems like you're clueless and not a hard worker, would probably be a waste of time, never gonna make it etc etc.

yes, especially if you are willing to go vinyl

$16/40 lbs at walmart

Get a gym membership. Also, get serious about lifting if you want to make any gains

is planet fitness ok?

Kek. Is this bait?

it's the only gym in my town that costs less than $50/month

Dumbass, 50lbs is a shitload to curl, I bet you couldn't even chest press it, you would probably break your tiny wrists and drop them on your chest.

What's wrong with planet fitness? I mean i literally have no idea what kind of gym it is due to there being none in my country as far as i know.

it's fine as a starter gym, it's really not as bad as everyone on this board tries to make it seem.

people on this board see it as a meme gym because of its pizza days and the fact that lots of obese people go there because of the whole "judgement free zone". But it has the bare necessities to get into lifting, so if it's what someone can afford, they should do it.

Well I guess if you don't want to do squats or deadlift, seems like the best choice.

are squats seriously banned? i promise i won't grunt

I had to do planet fitness for a few days when I visited home, and the one I went to had a squat rack, so I think it depends.
But yeah they don't let you deadlift.

not banned, most just don't have squat racks

>needing a squat rack to squat

Mate if you have space just get a squat rack and a barbell.

yeah seriously wtf

>Not buying power rack and oly set

Pleb

I mean obvi you can use dumbbells but they're not as effective as a bar...but yes treat me like the retard

Dumbells? Nigga wtf, people are arguing that you don't need a squat rack, you know, the rack you lay the barbell you're lifting? How do dumbells have anything to do with this? Retard?

What* Goddamn it

Read the sticky.

Why am I the first person giving the right answer?