If I consume nothing but ice water and walk 3 miles a day how much will I lose?

currently 217.5 lbs and 5'10

what can I expect for consistent weight loss from this?

I walk about 3-4 in 60-80 minutes, up and down steep hills, for reference.

have lost a lot of eight today and yesterday (about 10 pounds so far) but can I expect that kind of loss consistently throughout my fast?

Other urls found in this thread:

europepmc.org/abstract/med/2927308
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hey OP - just some of my beginning numbers. Maybe it will help you.

The only advice I have is not total fasting. Need calories.

You'll lose motivation at a rate of 1/7th of your total motivation per day.

How about you not be fucking stupid and read the sticky instead?

Oh and at 217 lbs there is absolutely no way you lost 10 lbs in 2 days. You're doing super low amounts of exercising so your tdee is probably somewhere around 2400 to 2800 calories a day. So not eating at all you have lost upwards of 2lbs, maximum.

You lost water weight and your strategy is dumb.

Why does no one read the FUCKING STICKY

I've been drinking and pissing plenty, man, if my body is deciding it holds on to a different amount of water now then I've still lost weight

No. Just no. The process of losing weight is a metabolic process that involved fat stores being broken down and breathed out.

The fact that in a fasted state your body can't hold onto as much water does not mean you have "lost weight". It's part of a natural fluctuation that occurs and is why, IF YOU HAD FUCKING READ IT, the sticky says to only weigh yourself once a week to moderate the effects of this random variation.

Look man, the reason this diet will fail is because you are going for the easy quick way way out(which does not exist), so you are already demonstrating that you lack the discipline required for positive long term change.

And even if you do lose all the weight you will still (AS IS EXPLAINED IN THE STICKY) look like shit because to look better requires a change in body composition, not simply a reduction in weight, and you are failing to follow a diet or exercise regimen that will allow you to fill out your body with muscle.

Read the fucking sticky and then DO IT RIGHT for FUCKS SAKE.

>losing weight
you seem not to understand the concept of "weight". it means someone's relationship with gravity, not their chemical make-up
>the sticky says to only weigh yourself once a week to moderate the effects of this random variation.
you think people randomly fluctuate by ten pounds on a regular basis?
>the sticky says to only weigh yourself once a week to moderate the effects of this random variation.
Bullshit, I've lost nearly 50 pounds in the last 4 months, I'd say I am doing pretty well as far as weightloss goes.
Why are you making up lies instead of answering my question?
>not simply a reduction in weight
>weight loss
are you retarded?
Show me one study that suggests people don't hold on to as much water when they fast. ONE STUDY that says fasting followed by normal dieting does not have a negative impact on total weight.
Because right now it sounds like your just making up bullshit because you lack the willpower to not eat for over 24 hours

Dude I'm trying to help you. The basis of your entire strategy is wrong because you don't have the self control to pull it off.

You simply DID NOT lose 10 lbs in two days. A lb of fat is about equal to 3500 calories. Your daily caloric needs are less then 3000 calories at your weight and level of activity. Eating nothing, you might have lost about 2 lbs of fat, end of story.

The human body holds onto rather wildly varying amounts of water based on all sorts of factors. Maybe there is some reason other than your fast that you had an approximately 8 lbs fluctuation in water weight over the last 2 days, idk, but that is an ENTIRELY normal thing an you could weigh yourself tomorrow and be up 6 lbs from what you "lost" due to another random variation. So did you "lose" weight? Fuck no you didn't. It's not "losing" unless it's the loss of fat or muscle.

>you think people randomly fluctuate 10lbs on a regular basis?
Yes, and it has been EXTENSIVELY studied: europepmc.org/abstract/med/2927308 by the scientific community and commented on by virtually EVERY body builder and professional athlete alie.

>50 lbs in 4 months
THE STICKY tells as that we should, with reasonable diet, expect 1-2 lbs of weight loss per week. 4 * 4 * 2 = 32, so you're probably not eating quite enough, but with your large fluctuation over the last few days you're pretty close to EXACTLY what would be expected.

>Why are you making up lies?

Every single thing I've said is well known and understood by virtually EVERY professional athlete. Jesus.

>are you retarded, show me one study

That was an educated guess about what recent changes in your metabolism in the last few days could cause a rather large swing in weight since it is NOT POSSIBLE that you last 10 lbs of fat in 2 days UNLESS you are seriously ill.

But yeah, do you're retarded fast method. Maybe you'll decide to read and understand the sticky when either a. your diet fails or b. you lose all the weight and look shit.

It will take you about 3 to 4 months to get to ~175, which is around the threshold for you being overweight. Right now you are obese. You have a ways to get yet lad.

>You simply DID NOT lose 10 lbs in two days
...so your saying I should buy a new scale?
> but that is an ENTIRELY normal thing an you could weigh yourself tomorrow and be up 6 lbs from what you "lost" due to another random variation
I have been weighing myself multiple times a day for a long time, 6 pounds only ever happens immediately after a large meal, and even then its quite rare.
>Yes, and it has been EXTENSIVELY studied: europepmc.org/abstract/med/2927308
study shows nowhere near that variation
>so you're probably not eating quite enough
OK, so you acknowledge that I am losing weight as a result of what I choose to consume...but you do not believe I have lost weight?
You are saying that I should eat more as to be heavier? that seems like some major /fatlogic/ right there.
>Every single thing I've said is well known and understood by virtually EVERY professional athlete. Jesus.
you said I chose a "quick easy" way out, but that's patently false, its neither.
>That was an educated guess about what recent changes in your metabolism in the last few days could cause a rather large swing in weight since it is NOT POSSIBLE that you last 10 lbs of fat in 2 days UNLESS you are seriously ill.
I didn;t say it was pure fat but I fast for a day and lose a few pounds all the time and when I start eating again the next day I usually bottom out at a lower number (if I eat a large meal or a meal late in the day I sometimes don't) people I know have all said I look thinner/have better facial aesthetics, I am feeling much more comfortable walking long distances than I did...how am I not losing weight?
> Maybe you'll decide to read and understand the sticky when eithe
yeah, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and presumed you were talking about something I'd missed teh first time, but it appears you are just making up bullshit that's not in there.

You're too stupid to help or you're trolling

Look man, I'm only speaking from eperience and every piece of peer-reviewed science I have seen on the subject, not half-remembered studies that don't say what I recall them saying or arcane information hidden in the sticky.
I weigh myself multiple times a day and the only "fluctuations" I get are from when I have just eaten or drank a large amount of water.

>arcane information hidden in the sticky

ffs its a 40 minute read and every single thing in there is backed up by one or more studies that are directly linked.

started at 165 and has taken me as long to just barely get by the halfway point (have abandoned diet and gone up and down a few times, crossed the 226 mark three times now, hopefully this is the last). and I should hope so user, I should hope so

yes, it is, and somehow you have found it within yourself to make up new information that is nowhere to be found in order to assert that losing weight is not, in fact, losing weight

>hurr durr losing water weight is part of the goal

losing FAT is the goal dumbass, and there are hard biological limits to how quickly it can be lost, and in the case of your 2 day water fast that limit is about 2 lbs.

OP that guy gave you legit advice. If you starve yourself all you do is put the body into starvation mode where it will retain Fat and burn lean body mass (muscle) and shed water reserves (that is what you are loosing now). Weight drop should be done gradually in a controlled manner All you are gonna do is fuck up your hormone levels, feel like crap and then experience rapid regain of weigh when you bring your calories up.

look man,If what your saying is true then having a less wet "lean fat" that also weighs less and isn't as big on my body instead of my current "wet fat" is fine with me
But i strongly suspect that its not how it works and you can't just magically lose 8 pounds of water and not feel dehydrated or in any way worse for wear.

it says "You can" not "You can only"
stop putting words in everyone's mouth
so what, eat something tomorrow is your advice? I have done plenty of 36-48 hour fasts before and have kept the weight off
I should probably mention that I ate a pretty massive meal Saturday night and another one Sunday morning, before I started this, which could have contributed to something.

>can't just magically lose 8 lbs of water
That you CAN do, your body is 60% water, in your case that is 130 lbs of water, 8 lbs is only a 6% variation. What your body CAN't do is lose 10 lbs of fat in 2 days.

yes we all know if you starve yourself you can lose more than 2 lbs a week... What I am saying is that that is a horrible strategy, and in your case, even not eating anything, the upper limit is 7 lbs of fat loss per week. The absolute upper limit.

why is it a horrible strategy?
also, your weight is whatever you currently weigh

OP is beyond help - I'm out.

I ate about 4 meals over 2 months once
I went from 6'1 185 to about 115-120
Then I went to the ER and got blood work and they said all my levels were fine and no sign of damage
Back up to 178 now

wow kill your self

>why is a horrible strategy

dammit man just read the fucking sticky

how long ago was that?

agreed, don't know why I'm still trying, probably just a rather persistent troll desu

well, you are trying to say that weighing a smaller number of pounds then I did yeserday is not weight loss.
Let me ask you: when someone asks me how much I weigh, what should I say? what I weighed in at last week? what I weighed in at last month?
if randomly losing 8 pounds as a result of not eating for 36 hours is possible, surely other random weight loss can happen
if I can only lose 4 pounds of fat every two weeks, how can I be sure its fat at all? surely there's a chance its just water weight I dropped at some point...so I should weigh myself what, every 2 months to be sure I'm not just measuring random variations in weight that have nothing to do with fat?

how autistic are you?

10 months

>Met with a legitimate point
>WAAAAAH, Autism!
I asked a basic question, when and how do I weigh myself to make sure I'm measuring a difference in fat and not water?

You're being willfully ignorant of any useful information. The goal is fat loss, and we work to measure and understand fat loss, and what we know about fat loss is that it CANNOT OCCUR AT THE RATE YOU BELIEVE IT TO BE OCCURRING THEREFORE YOU EITHER LOST WATER OR A FUCKING KIDNEY YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT.

again, basic question, how can I be sure I am measuring fat loss? simple thing to ask, if water can be lost so randomly by such a large mount, how can I ever be sure I am less fat than I was a week ago?
also, why are you so consistently avoiding this question, no matter how specifically and blatantly I ask it?

Because you measure once a week and over time the variation becomes background noise jesus I wasn't answering because the answer is so simple it doesn't need to be said not because I was avoiding it you moron

why once a week? why not multiple times a day..after all, more data points certainly helps weed out background noise.
Where does once a week come from?

> Be Op
> Know nothing about bio-mechanics, excercise science, nutrition
> Post on Veeky Forums with a question.
> Get legit advicce from well meaning posters aimed at educating him and safeguarding his welfare
> Reject advice because it's not the answer he wanted.
> Stay ignorant, then be dissapointed by results when he ends on skinny fat and unwell.

Because when you measure once a day retards like you post shit like
>I lost 10 lbs in 2 days!!!!1111

And because its demotivating seeing random variation. And because you should be losing slowly enough that there is no measurable change in a day because its extremely dangerous to lose at a faster rate.

>be user
>get buttblasted that OP points out massive holes in your logic
>Post unsourced, uncited greentext that frames him as silly
>makes passing reference to science but includes absolutely no citation of any sort of real study
>uses presumed future events as evidence as he will likely have forgotten about this by then and as future events they require no source of any kind

>Because when you measure once a day retards like you post shit like >I lost 10 lbs in 2 days!!!!1111
So you are asserting that if I continued to eat nothing for a week I would in fact end up above my current weight by the time things were finished?
if not, then what does the frequency of my self-measurement have to do with anything I said?
>And because its demotivating seeing random variation
but you still see random variation over a week. so why once a week?
>And because you should be losing slowly enough that there is no measurable change
What? but you said measurable changes happen randomly. or did you mean to say "meaningful"?

lolol fuck off no one is this stupid. good trolling though mang, got me all hot and bothered

so you admit the "once a week" thing is just random bullshit that means nothing, yeah?
your reasoning doesn't even slightly check out and you have consistently avoided the question when called out on it.

My man. It's been fun but I truly give up Grats. Enjoy your water fast. I'm gonna go eat a steak and some stir fry, check myself out in the mirror and then fuck my gf before bed.

No, basic reasoning is not trolling user.
when someone points out a flaw in your logic and your immediate response is to presume he's playing some sort of game that magically makes valid points invalid because "Muh intentions" you are insulating yourself to ideas.
Sorry you are so set on "one week" for reasons you are unwilling to explain, but just because an idea seems natural to you does not mean its intuitive to others or rationally sound

But this isn't purely a logic based discussion user.

Biological imperatives are not entirely dictated by formal logic, or at least we have not yet expressed those imperatives fully to 100% satisfaction.

Emotional drivers of human behavior in high stress situations like weight loss are also not driven by logic.

And trying to pick apart every tiny flaw in my logic, while completely missing the POINT is the epitome of stupidity and resistance to knowledge. You are a moron, good night.

>Biological imperatives are not entirely dictated by formal logic, or at least we have not yet expressed those imperatives fully to 100% satisfaction.
right, but how we choose to observe them is dictated by logic. so again, why "once a week"?
>Emotional drivers of human behavior in high stress situations like weight loss are also not driven by logic.
So seeking out a weight loss strategy that makes me lose weight faster is just me being "weak-willed"
but me measuring my weight in a manner that is totally focused on not freaking me out rather than the logical choice of measuring myself is not a sign of weak will at all because?
>And trying to pick apart every tiny flaw in my logic
not doing that, picking apart massive flaws. Your entire argument hinges on an idea you are completely unable to explain

no lol. dude the whole once a week thing was EASILY the smallest part of everything I was trying to explain

you are just legit retarded friendo

No, its one link in a chain of reasoning supported by no others, just as important as any other part.
If you do not know when to weigh yourself you do not know how to account for water loss, in which case you do not know how much fat you have lost as opposed to water, in which case measuring yourself is fairly futile as it can always be measuring something else.

nah you're just dumb and autistic man, sorry bout it

I'm not the one completely incapable of supporting my position.

>You simply DID NOT lose 10 lbs in two days.
You're a retard. OP didn't have any fat loss, but it is entirely possible to piss away 10lbs of water weight in a couple of days.

goddamn it, stop pretending to be me pretending to be someone else, I am not so petty as to respond to what I have already responded to

k

Which was the entire thing I was saying the whole time?

Just. Eat. Less. You don't even have to exercise if all you care about is losing weight.

You seem to think that weight = fat

And for the purposes of making measurable controlled progress in fitness goals fat and muscle = weight for all reasonable intents and purposes.

And OP never mentioned lifting so I wasn't focused on muscle.

>all reasonable intents and purposes
But that's false. Weight is how your mass interacts with gravity. Piss away a bunch of water, and you'll weigh less.

yeah if you cut off the first half of that sentence it becomes untrue please continue wowing us with your feats of intelligence

Please enlighten us with the "reasonable measurable progress in fitness goals" that depend on tracking weight in anything other than fat and muscle?

Go grab a gallon of water and put it on the scale.

you're retarded

you will never hit 0 motivation at that rate though, it will just tend towards 0.
Is drinking ice water the key to infinite motivation?

Total motivation = 100% = 1.
1 - 7*(1/7) = 0.

No need to bring calculus into this user

You're the one claiming that H2O is supposedly weightless

lol wtf no I'm not I'm claiming that measuring changes in water weight has no meaningful or reasonable relationship to fitness goals

We're not talking about fitness goals. We've been trying to establish that water has weight in a gravity environment.

NO WE HAVE NOT YOU FUCKING RETARD. That has never been a part of the discussion except maybe in your deranged head

>You'll lose motivation at a rate of 1/7th of your total motivation per day.

I guess it depends on how you define total motivation, is it the original total motivation or current total motivation?
ie.
tomorrows motivation=cM-(cM*1/7)
OR
tomorrows motivation=cM-(tM*1/7)

where cM represents current motivation and tM represents total motivation.

didn't (You)

stop fucking trolling

Yeah I got your joke lol. The idea of compounding the motivation calculation got a small chuckle.

Although the limit in that case does still go to zero...

That's been the whole discussion since the beginning

I feel like a stroke would be easier than talking to you in person.