How come it is an unforgivable sin to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. Why can't he handle the bantz like the Son?

How come it is an unforgivable sin to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. Why can't he handle the bantz like the Son?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bxN8LSJsgpM
tertullian.org/works/adversus_marcionem.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because in mainstream Christian theology, the Holy Spirit is the giver of life
It’s a fundamental error

>There was this parrot who died and was on his way to heaven, when St. Peter told him he couldn't enter because he never committed a sin, and the only sinless people allowed were Jesus and Mary. So the parrot was sent back to Earth so he could sin and enter heaven. He saw a white dove, thought "this is my chance" and forced himself on the other bird. He flew back to heaven but St. Peter wasn't there. An angel passed by and the parrot asked about St. Peter. "I'm sorry, he left in a hurry." said the angel. "What happened?" asked the parrot. "They're trying to find the sick bastard who raped the Holy Spirit."

[spoiler] I'm so going to hell, right? [/spoiler]

It's not unforgivable.
No sin is unforgivable if the sinner feels truly sorry and repents.

To knowingly preach heresy. So that lets in most Mormons.

Presumably repenting from preaching heresy involves recanting belief in that heresy and accepting orthodoxy.

Meant for

Because the Holy Spirits is the spirit of Truth.
All sins can be forgivable, because most sins have a uncouscious and unwilling element in them. That's why a sin recquire three conditions to be "mortal" ( ie: to cuts you from the Grace of God ). A serious matter (murder, rape, blasphemy ...), a total understanding of your act, and a total will to do it.

Let's think of various sins, in the case of a murder for instance. Think of some african child-soldier who was trained to kill his whole life. When he murder someone, he commits a sin, because murder is a serious matter, but he don't have the knoweldge that what he do is wrong.

Let's think of another sin, let's think of a husband who is cheating for instance. Let's say that this husband doesn't want to cheat on his wife, but is in a poor psychological condition, tormented by his passions. He may understand that he commits a sin, and this is a serious matter too, but he doesn't have the full willing to do it, his will is dysfunctional and tormented by his passions.

Another sins, can be done with all full will and full understanding, but they aren't objectively of serious matter ( the more a sin insult God's love and justice, the more serious it is ). Let's think of stealing bread for instance.

Now, a real mortal sin require those three conditions. Think of a policemen who deliberatly send a man to prison despite knowing he's innocent for instance. If in that case, he know that it is wrong, and that he fully, rationnaly, make the choice to do it ( in order to advance his career for instance ), it's a sin worth hell without repent. Those sins are very rare and are the only to makes you risk hell, they are done in a cold, rational and calculated manner, not out of ignorance, or emotions.

Now, the " Blasphem against the Holy Spirit " is one of those sins. And the worst of all, because you can't be excused in any way. The Blasphem against the Holy Spirit is refusing God while knowing who he is.

The blasphem against the Son may be done out of ignorance. You may insult Christ because you don't know he's God, or don't understand his divinity. You may blasphem against him, or the father, out of ignorance, or out of impulsivity.

But, blaspheming against the Holy Spirit means that you see clearly, the spirit of God, of good, of love, of justice. And that you deliberatly decide to offend him, knowing that he is God, knowing that he is only Good.

We don't know if any human has already commited this sin. But we know that the devil commited it. And that's why he can be forgived. Because he knowed perfectly who God was, he didn't have the ignorance and uncertitude that humans have, and he tottaly willed to revolt against him, despite knowing that he is God. That is the only example of " Blasphem against the Holy Spirit we know ". If today, God came to you in person and revelate you who he is, and that you should believe in Him, in a way that you can't refutate rationnaly, and that you said to Him " Well, you're maybe God, but you know what I don't care, I don't want to believe in you, I don't want to believe in Love, in Justice, in Good, despite now understanding that it's the only way" you will commit a sin against the holy spirit.

At least that's how Catholic understand it, sorry for shit english.

*that's why he can't be forgived

>If a magic space alien appears to you in a vision and gives you real good vibes you should automatically follow his commands to wage jihad or else you're going to hell.

By making this thread you just blasphemed the Holy Spirit. Enjoy burning in hell.

The Holy Spirit is something earned

The unforgivable sin is rejecting the Holy Spirit's pleas to repentance and redemption.

>If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them. James 4:17

Simply put, if you desire to do something wrong and your conscience tells you that it is wrong to do it and you do it anyway, you have committed a sin. If your in a situation where you can do something good, your conscience tell you that it's good and for a selfish reason you decide not to do the good thing, you have committed a sin

If you KNOW you have committed a sin and the Holy Spirit tells you to ask God for forgiveness of your sins with the intention of never making the same mistake again, but instead you reject the plea of the Holy Spirit, there is literally no way that you can be saved from sin. The act of rejecting the Holy Spirit's plea for repentance blocks you completely from being sinless and righteous, since it would literally be the utmost cruelty for God to forcibly remove your sins. That would be mind control, which isn't a good basis for a loving relationship, I think you all know.
It's a very interesting doctrine because it deals with the very nature of sin and salvation both at once. It's all a choice. All of it. Your choices determine whether you're righteous or sinful, so then how can God let you in heaven if you chose that you didn't want to go? This is why it's important to understand that the Christian religion isn't about some arrangement of rites and rituals, but a personal conviction in the heart to follow the will of God instead of your own will, since the will of God leads to a much better outcome than the will of man
the creator vs the created
>But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

What the fuck did thou just fucking say about me, thou little bitch? I will have thee know that I am the God of Heaven and Earth, I have been involved in numerous secret raids on Satan, and I have over 30000000000 confirmed kills. I am trained in divine warfare and I am the top sniper in the entire universe. Thou art nothing to me but just another infidel. I will wipe thee the fuck out with omnipotence the like of which hath never been seen before nor since on this Earth, mark thee well my fucking words. Thou thinkest thou can get away with saying that shit to me on the Internet? Think thee again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of angels across the world and thy IP is being traced right now, so thee had better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing thou callest thy life. Thou art fucking dead, child. I am everywhere, every time, and I can kill thee in an infinite number of ways, and that be only with my bare hands. Not only have I perfect knowledge of unarmed combat, but I have access also to the entire arsenal of Heaven and I will use it to its full extent to wipe thy miserable ass off the face of the planet, thou little shit. If only thou could have known what holy retribution thy little “clever” comment was to bring down upon thee, maybe thou would have held thy fucking tongue. But thou could not, thou did not, and now thou art paying the price, thou God damned idiot. I will exact judgement all over thee and thou wilt perish in it. Thou art fucking dead, my child.

The Holy Spirit is witness to all men that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

If you do not agree with that, you are calling the Holy Spirit of God a liar.

If you call the Holy Spirit of God a liar, you are saying that the Holy Spirit of God is under the authority of the devil and doing the devil's work.

So blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is Unbelief; not believing the Holy Spirit of God, who is witness to you that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and going further to say that the Holy Spirit is doing the work of the devil.

From such error there is no recourse, unless you repent (change your mind) and agree with the Holy Spirit that Jesus is indeed the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

Until you realize that all of your sins were forgiven at the cross, you will be trapped in an unending cycle of sinning, repenting, confessing, penance, sinning, repenting, confessing, penance, etc.

Such a cycle is slavery, and it is not of God.

1 John 2:2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Rubbish. He's a person, and nobody can "earn" Him.

How do you "earn" God?

>We don't know if any human has already commited this sin.

Everybody in Torment awaiting trial and being cast into the lake of fire has committed this sin.

The sin is Unbelief, and it is rampant.

No. We talk about being conviced rationnaly, tottaly, emotively. It's not just " good vibes " or feeling good. That's the problem with a lot of protestant churches, they put so much values on the individual link to God to the depends of objective doctrine than anyone who "feels" God talked to them is taken seriously. In truth, they often take their own emotions for the Will of God.

>That's the problem with a lot of protestant churches

And the problem with the RCC is that it is being run from the pit of hell by the false prophet of mystery Babylon.

I'll take people who over-emote over being an actual bonafide devil worshiper, thank you very much.

You're wrong about unbelief. Most people, even retarded atheists, ACT as if God existed. They don't recognize it, because their rationality has been obscured by centuries of bad philosophy and scientism, but they still believe, because they ACT as if God exist, so, they uncousciously put God as the primal axiom of their own being. Even if they don't formally recognize it. Which is a sin, but not a blasphem against the Holy Spirit.

Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is deliberatly denying God while knowing who he is.

Read Hans Urs Von Balthasar. You get things right but you don't put them out of their formalized forms. In the same way that there is a invisible church outside of the visible Church, there is invisible believers outside of believers. They actually make the immense majority of people, and even in materialist shitholes like my nation, sinning against the Holy Spirit is a demonic act, user, assuming that every formal atheist is an incoherent claim. It's incoherent because the sin against the holy spirit is unforgivable, as teached by Our Lord, and that a lot of atheists find God and repent and are forgived.

I can't even take those claims seriously. I mean, as a Catholic, if you would have actually tried to make me doubt my faith by arguments about how they aren't correct and how they separate myself from God, we could have actually talked.

But as good protestant the only thing you can resort to is " MUH BABYLON THE POPE IS THE ANTICHRIST BECAUSE ME SCREAMING IT SOMEHOW MAKE IT TRUE ".

Knowing there is one God takes you to the level where the devil and the demons are:

James 2:19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

Righteousness from God has always come from belief.

Romans 3
But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.

Galatians 3
Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

You put ashes on your forehead on Ash Wednesday, in mourning.
You fast for 40 days in Lent.
You celebrate Easter following that 40 day fast.

That's straight out of Babylon.

The Queen of Heaven, Semiramis, wife of Nimrod the hunter, lost her son and went into mourning, dressing herself in sackcloth and ashes.
Ash Wednesday.

She then mourned the loss of her son for 40 days, fasting.
Lent.

Her son miraculously came to life at the end of the 40 day fast, and she held a celebration, a festival, called Ishtar.
Easter.

I did not say you knowingly were a Babylonian pagan.

I said you were a Babylonian pagan.

If you want to discuss Catholicism, show me in the bible where your beliefs are supported regarding the eucharist, apostolic succession, the foundation of the church, the veneration of Mary, the constant begging for forgiveness, the wages of sin being changed from death to "penance", and the power of your "priest" to forgive your sins.

If you want to talk history, let's talk about the papacy going to the highest bidder. Let's talk about people being beggared because they had to pay the church to get their loved ones out of "limbo" or "purgatory" and into heaven. Let's talk about the blasphemous utterances of dozens of your popes.

And then let's talk about the tens of millions of savages, Christians and Jews murdered by the Vatican in the past thousand years.

Exactly.

The demons KNOW that there is one God, because they were angels, and they had access to the HOLY VISION OF HIS FACE.

Hence, when they denied Him, when they decided to revolt against Him, they commited a Sin against the Holy Spirit. A total, rationnal sin.

It's not the same thing as having a bad epistemology and can't formalize concepts right like most of atheist do. Because most of atheists didn't cut themselves from the Grace of God. FAITH, HOPE, CHARITY. Those are the three cardinal values that came from your relationship with God. When you lost those three values, it's the sign you lost your relationship with God. As long as atheists practice those values, and live by those values, they live by the love of God, even if they can't conceptualize it right, because of a problem of FORMAL AND CONCEPTUAL intelligence, and not of living intelligencel. It's still a sin, and don't try to make me said what I haven't, a severe sin, but certainly not a blapshem against the Holy Spirit.

How did you get the idea that those who accept the cross will never sin again? The bible puts forward many many times that the Christian life is about a daily repentance, not just a one time thing that magics all of your habits away overnight. We are still sinful beings until Jesus' second coming, so over and over again we have to ask God to forgive us of our sins, since that is the reality of the human being. The whole point of the cross was to show that this unending cycle did have an end, however he asked his disciples to stay on earth and teach people across the globe about his promise.

>for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes. Proverbs 24:16

It's common knowledge that the pope is the antichrist. Catholic doctrine gives him incredible amounts of power for reasons never backed by the bible. Like the ability to forgive sins? Nah

Unbelief causes a man to be condemned.

Only one sin causes man to be condemned; blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

If A = B and B = C, then A = C.

I never said that. I said everyone's sins were paid for, in full, on the cross.

It always depends on the individual. There's no reason why a moral atheist who never got the conviction of God's existence in his life would be rejecting the Holy Spirit, if the Holy Spirit never compelled him to believe in God at all. However, this is why it's the Christians job to share the word of God and the works of the Holy Spirit to all the earth, so that people can know. The bible is very clear on the importance of a belief in God's power to save us from sin though.

>We are still sinful beings until Jesus' second coming,

Not to God, not those of us who are born again. He sees us as having the righteousness of Jesus Christ, as he imputed that righteousness to us.

I stand behind my High Priest, Jesus, and behind Him, I am blameless before the Father.

>moral atheist

Jumbo shrimp.

Military intelligence.

Giant midget.

Moses fasted 40 days and 40 nights before the Lord gived him the tables of the laws.
Exodus 34:28
>And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

When Our Lord came, before delivering his message, before delivering the New Law of Love, he also fasted 40 days.

Matthew 4:1-11

>4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

Hence, before easter, before symbolically living the resurrection of Our lord, in the hope to be resurected too, we fast, in order to prepare ourself for receiving the new law.

That would be a reason, a actual reason why we fast. Or, you could take the similarities with some babylonian myths, similarities that shouldn't even surprise you, given that God has given parts of revelation to every people as a proof of our paganism.

I will answer your other questions, sorry English isn't my mother tongue, I'm a little slow.

Go easy on him chief

Moses: Fasted 40 days and got the Law.

Jesus: Fasted 40 days and began his ministry.

Semiramis: Fasted 40 days and celebrated the rebirth of her son.

Which one do you do again?

>New Law of Love

New Law?

Deuteronomy 6:5
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

Leviticus 19:18 You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

What is new about that, again?

I constantly struggle with giving the truth with love. I try to blame this place and its environs, but really, it's just me.

But I do try.

Yes you are correct, I was thinking in a more physical sense. For example people like David or Paul who had wrestling in the heart, even though they were accepting of God's love
>O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? Romans 7:24

>and people say Martin Luther died in 1546

It's a perspective thing. You can look at me, watch me, and conclude that I am a sinner, with ample evidence.

However, as my sins have been forgiven and forgotten by God, he can look at me how he made me to be, and how he paid for me to be.

Yes, the virulently anti-semetic Catholic friar died 500 years ago. Not coincidentally, the pope called off the Counter-Reformation on October 31, 2017, declaring that Martin Luther was correct, and that salvation is by faith alone.

Go figure that zero Catholics I've met know that fact.

lol you think Catholics want their followers knowing about martin luther? He was the straw that broke the camels back bro

check'd

i sorry plz forgib

>How come it is an unforgivable sin to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

Because as animals you are subject to natural law which means you can murder, rape, deceive, plunder, etc. at will - but your souls are subject to divine law.

Following Moses and "the prophets" is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit - anyone can lie about anything and the people who wrote the majority of the Hebrew text were liars.

God has never stopped any murderers from murdering or rapists from raping or liars from lying because that would break natural law - so if you choose to follow liars as "God's prophets" then God has no choice but to punish your souls for murder, rape, and plunder despite the fact that "Moses says it's ok!"

youtube.com/watch?v=bxN8LSJsgpM

Marcionism was BTFO a long time ago
tertullian.org/works/adversus_marcionem.htm

>The Bible is the beginning and end of all Christian revelation, therefore anything not explicitly mentioned in the Bible is a heresy
>Never mind that you can trace many of the traditional dogmas of the Orthodox and Catholic churches back to Apostolic times
>Never mind that there is absolutely no evidence that anyone believed in Protestant theology prior to the Reformation
>Never mind that the Church Fathers explained over and over again where these beliefs may be seen in the Bible because they were Dagon fish hat cucktholics unlike Based Pastor Anderson

The god of the old testament is the Demiurge, do not believe in him. He is jealous, angry, hateful, genocidal, and controlling. Even his most dedicated believers, he curses.

However, believe in Christ, he is the savior given to us by the Primal Father. The Primal Father is the Unknown God. He set off the universe but we do not know Him. However, accept and believe in Him, the Unknown God, no matter what.

Christ is the precursor to the categorical imperative of Kant, which is the perfect moral system for humanity. All other religions should be stamped out of existece, they are all artifacts of that cursed being, the Demiurge.

Atheism is the truth, as the Unknown God is so unknown, that he might not even be there. However he graciously broke His eternal silence to grant us Jesus Christ.

Accept this and live a fulfilling life!

FUCK the holy spirit. If the trinity was real it'd be history's greatest monster.