I am a newfag who is about to buy $150 of Bitcoin (a small amount, I know)...

I am a newfag who is about to buy $150 of Bitcoin (a small amount, I know). Someone tell me about the pros and cons/ramifications of my decision, considering the new "fork".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=90dQQYp2QWM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The fork doesn't matter because bitcoin doesn't matter.

no

Should i stop romanticizing bitcoin as the only and original currency? the money doesn't matter to me but I want to be a part of crypto-history and i'm at a crossroads of what to do

We're not a fucking slave army doing your research for you. Fuck off.

There are no cons.

Just buy and hold. The price WILL go up and down, but just hold it long term and dont even think about daily price fluctuations.

People here will try and shill you to buy their shitcoins, but 99.9% of all coins are total shit because this market is the Wild West at the moment.

You have "dev teams" full of pajeets and random faggots slapping the name "coin" after any random thing and trying to apply blockchain technology to everything, despite not knowing how to even implement the crap they are spewing.

The people here mostly missed the boat with BTC, and are trying to play catch up. They buy large amounts of shitcoins, the price drops, and they then spam them here to try and pump the price so they can unload their bags as soon as price moves resulting in another set of bag holders.

Even though you've only got $150 to work with, if you dont know much about crypto, then you will still get better returns on that small amount than any savings account will give you.

I've looked all through /r/bitcoin and everything but I still don't really understand it. I guess I'm a little dull hehe
Thank you; this was the kinda answer/(maybe confirmation) I was searching for. I'll go ahead and buy in

New Fork you get duplicate coins. After the fork, you get nothing

Buy into a company that does something then

VERI SALT OMG ADX PLR or PRO

>giving a shit about the fork
Segwit isn't going to do shit. Buy now.

watch the documentaries, listen to podcasts, learn,
do the opposite of biz
never go all in on a shitcoin
btc is like a bar of gold, it's a store of value internet magic money bar now.

Yeah just buy in.

Put it this way, if you bought BTC at $150 on September 15th, you would have $300 today.

The price has literally doubled in a month and a half.

This market moves fast though due to all the ICOs at the moment, but as people start to realise most ICOs end up blow their ICO price and everyone loses money, the ICO shilling of shitcoins should start to slow down.

I think we are already starting to get to this point now since October was absolutely brutal for alt-coins.

Once you have a decent amount of BTC you can start to take a percentage and look at other alt coins that might have faster returns, but you have to lurk here a lot to understand the shilling and FUDing on this board and be able to cut through it.

General rule is if someone is trying to shill a coin, avoid it. Buy a alt coins when the price is going DOWN.

The exception to this is BTC though because the price is going up and up without end.

>better returns

on paper
in reality there is zero guarantee you can get anything when the time comes that you need money now.

treat crypto as gambling
never bet what you cant afford to lose

I did the same thing last year
$900 bucks now

Why would you not be able to cash out?

If he holds BTC on Coinbase like most noobies do then he is even covered by their crypto / fiat balance insurance.

nobody really knows .... we all speculate ... we all want to think we have it right .... really it's just rolling dice though

Kek what a pleb, only having a small amount of funds but doesnt have the balls to buy alts. You fags were too much of a pussy to buy bitcoin back then, now you're too much of a pussy to buy alts.

You trying to offload your shitcoin bags to noobs?

If they get into BTC then they start to learn about crypto and can eventually start branching out.

Look at the stuff shilled here recently - REQ, AirSwap etc. ALL SHITCOINS and now everyone is bagholding

Put it in, but just the tip.

Every bit will change your life in the future. Think 5 years from now when you don't even know that you are paying your' insurance or house payment using the blockchain.

This is bigger than anyone on this board recognizes.

Post Script. Diversify. Keep your eggs in different baskets.

I am sofa king we todd did

1LBAMSWmQRQX5wsmb6ZA1AsnrHrLh2tnSt

I did buy alts, 160 trades worth, and also that's the gain on the one $150 transaction. I added more dollary-doos when I made my first 100%
Also I bought both btc and alts

where were you when I started this
I had to learn the hard way

You're really shitting on alts just because of the "free coins" meme fork? Go on, hold your btc until after the fork kek. I made more cash on ETH this year than bitcoin.

I just bought $172 worth which is ~142 in bitcoin. Thanks for your advice. I'll hold onto it for a few years now.

BTC is old tech, very slow, with very high fees and is political stunted. No one can agree on anything and there has been nearly no developments in the last 3 years or so. It is a very bad entry into crypto because it has the worst attributes out of any coin.

Saying all that it is the household name for crypto and has the first mover advantage. Financial products are being developed for it, you will see future contracts by CME before the years end and probably an ETF early 2018. This could increase the price significantly.

TL;DR: If you want something you can actually use don't get BTC, it's old, slow and expensive. If you want something relatively safe that has a high chance to continue rising in value in the near future buy it.

youtube.com/watch?v=90dQQYp2QWM

no.

I got into this last month and was researching for 3 weeks before i finally decided to stick 100 on BTC - it's now at about 115 if that gives you an idea - its bouncing at the moment from 115 to 120

From what I've learnt I'd suggest that you don't invest until after it inevitably dips post fork - buy it cheaper and get more for your money

I already bought some tonight but I'll have my 18 y/o best friend buy some for me once it dips.

Is your bf gonna let you swallow his load too after he buys your cuckoin

Abe pls go