So my mother passed away recently victim of an atherosclerosis. She smoked consistently during most of her life

So my mother passed away recently victim of an atherosclerosis. She smoked consistently during most of her life.

Assuming I don't and won't smoke, don't do drugs (including alcohol) and lift/exercise five days per week, am I at risk simply because I eat a shitload of eggs? I eat 3+ eggs per day, and until now assumed their cholesterol wasn't so bad. I also cook my shit with canola oil, or avoid using oil altogether.

Can eggs really kill me in this situation? I'm 19 btw, have been eating eggs for a few years now.

Other urls found in this thread:

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/55/6/1060.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17518696
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7019459
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1534437/
suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1zjlmu/scienceanimal_protein_rich_diets_could_be_harmful/cfupxyt/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>my mother passed away recently victim of an atherosclerosis
Haha, bet you didn't EGGspect that!

oh for fucks sake

It was (primarily) due to cigs I believe. She didn't eat a shitton of eggs herself. She was skinny and so were I, so obesity wouldn't be an issue.

I can switch my source of protein to milk/chicken breast, but boiled eggs are really easy to eat due to their size and my lack of appetite for larger meals.

What's the deal with egg-rich diets? Is it a death sentence on the long run?

Bit rude Carlos

Dietary cholesterol will not affect your blood cholesterol levels. Google HDL and LDL. Trans fats do raise blood cholesterol levels.

Mate, trans fats are very rare in foods now, at least this is the case in Australia.

What else can cause above average blood cholesterol?

I had 6.5 cholesterol or something, which my doctor said is bad. I stopped eating eggs/bacon because of it.........and I'm planning to drop 5-10kg of bodyfat. Can being 20% bodyfat cause it? I'm cutting down to 10% now before my next blood test.

The absolute only thing that causes atherosclerosis is cholesterol. So yes she died from eating meat, dairy products and oils. Which is unbelievably sad holy fuck... but yes if you're eating 3eggs a day you get a way higher recommended maximum intake of cholesterol. Watch a documentary called "what the health" it gives you a great summary of what actually is healthy. But seriously so sorry for your loss idk why but this made me really emotional

Unlikely. Obesity is the main precursor to atherosclerosis. Do some more cardio and eat your Omega 3s, garlic, have some red wine sometimes. Just add a little bit of blood vessel softening stuff here and there if you're serious about the threat, no need to change the diet.

Maybe you're just a bitch.

OP you could get hit by a car right now. You being male and having a parent that has it has already skyrocketed up your odds of it happening. Far more than anything you eat possibly would have.

Just live your life and go to a doctor if you're that worried. And eat your damn eggs jeez this is like holding a lit match in one hand and gasoline in the other and worrying about whether you are going to be struck by lightning.

>Obesity is the main precursor to atherosclerosis

Ha! That link has not been proven at all. It may be a factor, since it leads to shit like diabetes which DOES have a proven link to atherosclerosis but don't try and con him into thinking he can avoid it when he is already genetically disposed to it.

Seriously fuck you. His mother just died from basically this advice. Trying to motivate people to be unhealthy so you feel better about your shit life. Fuck off

risk factors are: male sex (cannot be modified, despite what people here say), old age (same), familiarity (positive in your case); you can keep in check the rest of risk factors: obesity, cholesterol (do blood tests), high blood pressure, diabetes, smoke, lazyness (do some sport).
if your concern is mainly about eggs do blood test every 6-12 months and see how it changes over time. anyway you should your doctor

Well I doubt he's going to pick up smoking so I don't see what he has to change exactly. And since he can't change that facts that his mother had it and men are more likely to develop it he will just be stressing out over things he cannot change and no 19 year old should be concerned with that shit.

Like I said, if he's that concerned he can go see a real doctor, not follow meme advice here about taking more fish oil.

I just typed a 20line message explaining this is not true but Veeky Forums didn't post it fml.

The TL;DR of it is that the assumption that diatary cholesterol doesn't increase blood cholesterol is from a meta analysis of people's diet and cholesterol. However everyone's baseline cholesterol is very different so people eating the exact same diet will have completely different cholesterol in some cases. So what you have to do is take people with high cholesterol diets then removing those high cholesterol foods to see if a drop have happened. Which has been done and documented over 100times. I don't blame you for being miss informed since the food industry is disgustingly good at misleading people.

simplier than arguing if this or that is true, do blood checks, if his values arent fine his diets needs change

>Dietary cholesterol will not affect your blood cholesterol levels

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/55/6/1060.abstract

>no 19 year old should be concerned with that shit
Atherosclerosis typically starts in teenage years and progresses over the decades. Most American people in their 20s have fatty streaks and first signs of atherosclerosis. But it takes decades to progress to a point where you get heart failure, stroke and nerve damage

The people with the lowest prevalence of arterial disease and atherosclerosis ever studied, the Tsimane, eat a diet that is high in carbohydrates (70-80%) and low in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.

Contrary to popular belief, Americans do not consume a diet high in carbs, but a diet that is high in fat and low in carbs. Less than 5% of Americans meet the AHA guidelines for saturated fat intake

Stop giving advice you have no business giving you fucking keyboard warrior, do you not realize you can kill people with your shitty advice?

Dietary cholesterol DOES increase blood cholesterol. If you have normal cholesterol levels (70 mg/DL), eating a few eggs will increase your blood cholesterol very much. If you eat an average diet of eggs in the morning, beef for lunch and chicken for dinner, your cholesterol should be already higher than normal, so a few extra eggs won't raise it by a lot.

Save the following links in a .txt and give them a glance when you have the time

Sources:
Long-term low-calorie low-protein vegan diet and endurance exercise are associated with low cardiometabolic risk.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17518696
Effect of ingestion of meat on plasma cholesterol of vegetarians (small sample size desu)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7019459
Twenty questions on atherosclerosis. William C. Roberts, MD
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/
Optimal low-density lipoprotein is 50 to 70 mg/dl: lower is better and physiologically normal
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
Effects of dietary cholesterol on serum cholesterol: a meta-analysis and review.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1534437/

Sorry to hear about your mom user, 19 is young to lose a parent. 3+ eggs is a normal amount of food, even if you don't work out. So you're more than fine. If you mean 3+ DOZEN, that's a fair bit but if your blood tests say you're good, don't sweat it.

>Can eggs really kill me in this situation?
No
>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
>almost nobody in the entire Western world has a diet low in saturated fat, and the result of this is widespread disease.
Except saturated fat causing CVD or any of the other associated diseases idiots like to meme is bullshit
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
>https:/press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1zjlmu/scienceanimal_protein_rich_diets_could_be_harmful/cfupxyt/

Thanks for the links. Now OP can read them, and , and decide for themselves whether eggs are healthy or not.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1534437/

Where does it say it will increase LDL specifically. I don't care if my HDL increases.

user, smoking and diabetes are the worst risk factors for CVD.

You are not your mother, do not fear. Exercise, eat a healthy diet and be happy

I eat between 6 and 10 eggs a day.
My diet is otherwise very clean and junk food is probably once a month at most.

Am I going to death?

>junk food is probably once a month
>6 eggs a day
user, you eat junk food every day

No
I just covered eggs being "bad for you" is a bullshit meme

Smoking increases atherosclerosis. To be on the safe side try to reduce youre cholesterol intake and don't believe memes you read on fit.

Deepest condolences about you mother. May she be granted heaven.

>implying you can be granted something that doesn't exist

Well meme'd m'gentlesir

No, you didn't cover anything. Eggs are in fact bad for you, as I irrefutably showcased here . Anything you say against that is akin to a fish flailing out of water in a vain effort for oxygen, or a retarded autistic toddler throwing a tantrum. Get rekt fucking scrub kek

>No, you didn't cover anything.
Just because you refuse to read doesn't mean I didn't cover anything
>Eggs are in fact bad for you, as I irrefutably showcased here . Anything you say against that is akin to a fish flailing out of water in a vain effort for oxygen, or a retarded autistic toddler throwing a tantrum. Get rekt fucking scrub kek
You sure, you not reading or knowing a thing about what you're talking about instantly means I'm rekt. Whatever makes you feel better about ignoring actual well done science

>get rekt fucking scrub kek
Nice arguing there.

>This much denial

YES. you have risk factors. reduce and be mindful if you want to maintain good cardiovascular health.

>this level of projection
Already been over how much of a dietary meme this is

You should really ask a medical professional about this and not retards on the internet.

This is true but keep in mind that doctors are NOT educated in nutrition. Whatever nutrition advice they give out is NOT from their education to become a doctor. So keep that in mind, doctors can be really clueless in this topic.

then enjoy your triple bypass at age 40

thus spake gaston

So... are eggs bad for you or what? One minute they're praised on Veeky Forums and the other they're an instant death trap. Not going to lie I slam down like 4 eggs before going to the gym because I like the taste, will I stroke out sooner or later?

All this edge. Wow.

No wonder women hate 4channers

>thinking it's just women that hate the chan

It's still not known. Some people say yes, others no, but really no one knows for sure. There is evidence that some people who eat eggs get cholesterol spikes and elevated cholesterol due to genetics. So far it's not known if this is bad or good. Then there's the type of cholesterol being increased or decreased. Then you have the cholesterol particle size changes where smaller might be more dangerous and bigger might be better. What changes to cholesterol do eggs affect and for whom? Right now, there just isn't a definitive answer as there is more to just cholesterol levels and not enough research to show that eating x amount of eggs produces these cholesterol changes for the various population groups, of which not all have been identified as of yet. Is cholesterol the only factor here? What about calcium, sugar, etc.?
The only thing I can say for sure is that medical research in general is truly some of the worst research ever conducted. Medical doctors need to get over their need to publish and learn to work with statisticians and biologists(these people need to work with statisticians, too, seriously).
Personally, I would wait for some kind of cheap wearable device that monitors blood levels, blood pressure, diet, exercise, drugs, etc. From this, very useful data may be obtained. Right now most of these studies rely on people to say what they've eaten over a multi year study period. It would be too obtrusive and expensive to take blood samples at periodic intervals before and after eating each day for years on end.

No

Science has my back and says I'll be just fine at 40

Watch forks over knives, plant based diet prevents and in some cases reverses heart disease.

Read (eggs are bad) and (eggs are good) and decide for yourself