Would Turkey be considered european if ottomans/turks never invaded...

Would Turkey be considered european if ottomans/turks never invaded? Also what was Turkey called pre-ottoman invasion other than just Byzantium?

> what was Turkey called pre-ottoman invasion
Anatolia?

Asia minor

This

If it was still byzantine it'd be part of the EU and probably an important part of it

If Turks were christians they would probably be considered white. If the Byzantine empire still existed today, it would probably considered european but in the same way Russia is european

anatolia, asia minor includes everything before indus valley

I'm not sure about that actually

>Turks are White

Oh no again with this shit.

The only reason Turkey isn't is because of muh Cyprus

And because they are muslims and unfree

I am sure, don't worry

It's still officially secular (for now anyway)

>Armenian genocide
>Assyrian genocide
>Greek genocide
>Kurdish genocide

Turks are just like us...

No it wouldn't.
Only if Byzantium has survived with the only city of Constantinople would be allowed in the European Union.

Well they let fucking Germany in

Why not? Anatolia has had 1000x more influence on the course of Europe than the shithole Balkans or irrelevant Baltics

>Us
Nice try Jamal.

>Jamal
Nice try Hans

that's how "whiteness" was decided at the time, whether or not you were christian now back to /pol/ lad

Ionia

this

That's not true at all, why are brainlet posters always brainlets themselves. The idea of whiteness derives from Anglos who originally considered only the peoples of Britain and Saxony to be white. Plenty of Christian peoples were not originally considered white.

Probably. If the Turks never took it and it remained Christian then we probably would have ended up changing the Ancient Greek definition of Europe again like we did for the Russians.

Nobody who knows what they're talking about considers Russians to be European. They don't consider themselves European, they don't play ball with the Western establishment, and they generally don't even look like Westerners.

It is possible that we wouldn't even use Europe as a definition if Asia Minor was an integral part of the Christian world. Probably there would be another name for the cultural region streching from the Atlantic to the Zagros mountains and the Caspian sea.

>Russians are not wh*te they are Asiatic hordes!

kys

>Having light skin makes you white
You've like a liberal caricature, race isn't just some "muh skin color" nonsense. Russia is its own civilization separate from the West.

Wouldn't they be pretty close to the Byzzies though?

Byzantium wouldn't be considered Western either if it still existed. It wasn't even considered Western when it did exist. They would probably be a part of whatever you want to call Russian Civilization.

>Would Turkey be considered European if it was European?

>Would Turkey be considered european if ottomans/turks never invaded?
assuming this meant the byzantines/romans still held it then yes, north africa and the middle east would probably be considered european if they hadn't fallen to the muslims

>slavs arent white
this is what americans actually believe

The Republic of Cyprus is worth tenfold more than the entire Anatolian turd

Yes, and I think that it was called turkey or at least the people were called turks for sure

Are you actually retarded, op?

I didn't say that you stupid nigger, now you're just making shit up. Czechs and Poles are certainly white, but Russians? Russians are Russians, they have their own civilization and ingroup entirely separate from the West.

If Byzantium beats back the Ottomans and keeps a decent chunk of, or all of Anatolia and some of the Balkans too it would be a major player in European history.

I doubt it would ever reclaim Egypt and the Levant, so It'd be less powerful than the Ottomans but also easier for Europeans to justify allying with.

The big shift this would cause would be that it'd be a second Orthodox great power. I don't know if it is friendly with Russia and this East/West Europe are more firmly divided, or if they become rivals. Probably the latter.

No they fucking wouldn’t lmao

>If Turks were christians they would probably be considered white
yes
pic related
they cluster with Europeans

germany founded it