Why do competitive oly lifters typically look like shit?

Why do competitive oly lifters typically look like shit?

>inb4 Klokov and Clarence
Klokov trains to look good because he knows he's a celebrity in the sport.

Clarence incorporates non-oly movements like bench press.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_records_in_Olympic_weightlifting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because movements with extremely low TUT and high technical demands are shitty for hypertrophy

what muscle oly lifters have is from doing squats, clean pulls, presses, etc, the comp. lifts build little muscle

Don't Chinese Olympic weight lifters normally look amazing, the pics I see here make them out to look almost like bodybuilders

Chinese weightlifters do tons of hypertrophy work as part of their training

>Lu Xiaojun looks like shit

they are on gear

>the comp. lifts build little muscle
it's that time of day again, when we start talking about things we know nothing about

You would be a fool to think their steroids, if they are even using them, promote additional muscle growth. They want to stay as lightweight as possible. Alot of people don't understand this but unless the athlete is aging, their immense genetic talent usually trumps any advantage of using a banned substance.

>You would be a fool to think their steroids,
you cant be srs right? do you beleive in santa still too?

post your body so i can laugh at you

When you are a genetic freak you don't need roids.

>if they are even using them

mate come on now its 2017

i'm not sure you understand how far off olympic performance is from what is natural performance, even with peak genetics

>believing this terrible meme

You guys aren't real athletes so I know you don't understand this. What steroid would you take when you are young and already so talented due your genetic potential? Can you name one?

EQ/Deca for connective tissue strength - a must in Olympic weightlifting.

I've snatched 185 at 78bw for reps. Natty.

First of all, you don't know what steroids do nor have any understanding of them. Second, if you think ANY WORLD TIER LIFTER is NOT on steroids, you're seriously just a retarded piece of shit. Their genetics are out of this world, yes. Like Clarence's lifts were stronger than 99.9% of Veeky Forums users long before he hopped on gear, but he's admitted taking gear before briefly in a video where he had a quick freeze frame saying steroids over a bag of vials. Furthermore, Oly lifters are consistently getting busted more and more.

I bet you think Eddie Hall is natural too.

The record for the snatch is 177kg at 77kg BW.

Well done you've beat the record, and done it for reps, natty.

can you at least say something believable
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_records_in_Olympic_weightlifting

>Compound lifts build little muscle

ban check

IGNORE THIS POST

EQ and Deca as you call them, some of the first commercial steroids and also some of the first they figured out how to test. Contrary to popular belief athletes don't fake their urine tests. Still popular among bodybuilders because well, they are bodybuilders.

Because they are entirely back and legs.

Congrats on the world record for reps. Proud of you, Anonymous user! You're well below the weight cap for your class too, Anonymous user! Good work, Anonymous user! Anonymous user, you're doing God's work by CRUSHING world records for REPS!

i c u

>the comp. lifts build little muscle

imagine being so stupid that you actually type out and believe something that is quite literally the exact opposite of reality.

It's b8

Just like the "chinups are practically a bicep isolation movement" that got 3300 triggered replies

>I've snatched 185 at 78bw for reps. Natty.

spotted the manlet who ass-pulled a COMPLETE lie.

Like 20% of the lifters at the 2012 Olympics tested positive retroactively.

Lu Xiajun is an oly celebrity who has to lift and look good to keep up appearances.

Other regular oly lifters look dyel

Test and Dbol like every athlete from any soviet bloc country.

>This is an actual post
Oly lifters get great development of every muscle except for the pecs. Oly lifting will get you thick quads, glutes, lats, traps, shoulders, and arms.

You touch on a point that is true - oly lifters have a problem with gaining too much muscle. It's easy for them to shoot out of a weight class. Their focus is not on getting as big as possible, but as strong as possible at a certain weight.

But if you think there is a single olympic level oly lifter who is not on gear you're playing yourself.

How to achieve Shankle mode? He's honestly my goal body. I don't need to be cut. I don't need to be world class. I just want to throw around 400 lb like it's fucking nothing.

Lu just snatched 180 @ Rio

Train since 13, compete at 16 and enter marine corps at 18. Then get Glenn Pendlay to coach you.

Didn't he also have some insane bench at 15 years old? Dude's a freak.

It has to suck to train as hard as he did and still suck compared to guys who have everything paid for by their government including bribing the testing officials so they can blast gear for ten years straight. He never really had a chance, but tried really hard. I think when they kick weightlifting out of the olympics he'll get some satisfaction out of all those guys getting cut off from the government teat of Kazakhstan.

He was a very good lifter. He actually defeated klokov during Arnold 2006 by like two kilos. Granted, Klokov was in some sort of a hiatus then, but still.
210+ C&J is impressive by all means. And I believe he's lifetime natural, too. An yeah, I know how naive it sounds.

yes, snatch and clean & jerk build little muscle

you will get some upper back and trap development and that's about it

>Why do competitive oly lifters typically look like shit?

Because muscle tension is almost non existant in the olympic lifts.
The only oly lifters that look like they lift are lifters who actively train their musculature outside the classic lifts.

Meanwhile powerlifters don't even need to do anything besides the big 3 to look like they lift.

>they want to stay as light as possible

that's why they take steroids and do bodybuilding work in order to maximize muscle mass and minimize fat mass

Don't think you're getting away with posting this, lad. I'm watching you

no he didn't, it was 177

>a lifetime natural
>the olympics
>Veeky Forums
Seems about right

dont worry user, ignore these guys calling you a lying cunt.

you lying cunt.

They don't. Most oly lifters outside of the fat weight categories look decent to good

He's never attended the Olympics though.

lol atleast try to e-stat below the world record next time kid

>And I believe he's lifetime natural, too
I'm sure he's done some level of gear, everyone at his level has. But US weightlifting has much stricter rules for testing than places like Eastern Europe, or Russia/China where doping is state sponsored. Shankle doing gear means a very different thing than Klokov doing gear.

nonetheless, if I saw someone looking like Rostami at my gym I wouldn't assume that he has that superhuman Rostami strength if you catch my drift. It's the case for a large amount of weightlifters, e.g. Aramnau who BTFO klokov while looking like a complete dyel next to him.

Yes, I understand, these guys often look tiny for their strength, but calling them dyel is a stretch

>these guys often look tiny for their strength
That's kind of the game for competitive oly lifting. If they get too jacked they fly right out of their weight class and are no longer competitive. They focus on being as strong as possible at a certain weight. I remember reading and interview with Pendlay saying his biggest issue training competitive lifters is they gain too much muscle.

you'd be a fool not to think steroids
>it's that time of day again, when we start talking about things we know nothing about
you're an idiot, he is correct with the TUT, their lifts are greatly dependent on technique as well as minimal effort on the eccentric part of the movement which is where most muscle is broken down
idiots like you on this board think compounds are all you need, you actually think that your 3x5 squats are on par or superior than doing high volume of leg press
with squats there's a lot more muscles involved, leg press is basically all quads and you think squats will build bigger legs
also these olympic lifters have been training for many many years, if you look into ones that haven't been training as long you can find people that can do amazing lifts but look dyel

tl;dr
strength != size