Why the fuck aren't you guys taking spin classes yet?

Why the fuck aren't you guys taking spin classes yet?
>great cardio (500-800 cals)
>hot chicks in every class
>great leg workout when adding resistance
>staring at the girls ass in front of you
>low guy ratio because most guys think they'll be labeled as faggots if they do it
Give me one good reason why you don't take spin classes

Other urls found in this thread:

eehouse.org/fixin/fixmeup.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are none in my gym.

Go to a separate studio that is dedicated to spin classes only. They are everywhere in suburban and urban areas.

>500-800 cals
>They claim to burn more than what a regular man burns running a 10k.
>all in like 30 minutes of screwing around on a stationary bike

Is this kid fucking serious

>Intense cardio for more than 10 minutes

It's like you don't want gains.

Kek, check this shit out. I was only 24/50 as well.

I'd guess the classes are longer than 30 minutes. 800 calories in an hour of biking is not unrealistic at all for a guy.

Also you're a faggot if you do spin classes. Riding an actual bike is great low-impact cardio and is fun, but group classes of any sort are top tier faggotry.

fuck stationary bikes indeed

I'm also a contrarian asshole who can tolerate neither the Middle Aged Men in Lycra, nor hipsters

throw on some gym trunks, t shirt and cleats. get on a fixed gear road bike, not a monstrosity, and pedal a good cadence for a long time. outstanding workout, skip the cycling computer bullshit

>fixed gear
No.

Enjoy your beer bellys and wondering why girls don't take a second look at you
>b-but muh gainz!!!1!!

what the fuck does cardio have to do with anything
i said not a hipster monstrosity. have you ridden any serious distance fixed wheel? it will beat your ass

Fixies will fuck up your knees. I built one a few years ago and put a freewheel back on it after I got tired of riding a meme bike.

I ride a single around town but go full bike nerd and ride a carbon bike on serious shit. There are a lot of century rides near me and I did the MS150 a couple weeks ago. Feels less faggoty wearing the whole getup when you're hauling ass over a long distance like that.

>Give me one good reason why you don't take spin classes
I enjoy the cool wind of the beach while biking.

>Fixies will fuck up your knees
not if you put a brake on it, unlike a moron

OP is correct
I took some spin classes recently. Fuck loads of hot, fit women. Max of like 3 guys.

I dont like doing group cardio, makes me look like an idiot.

>I ride a single around town but go full bike nerd and ride a carbon bike on serious shit
also, my point: proven

fixed wheeling, fantastic training tool that improves your capacity on rides with shifters and does not restrict you from owning more than a single bicycle

Agreed. Riding single (fixed or otherwise) makes you a stronger rider, especially on hill workouts. I didn't get my carbon bike until I started doing group rides and realized it was something I enjoyed enough to want to invest in. Going to a lighter, geared bike took literally a minute off of my average mile time.

>your post
>all of my this

but let me say: look I'm not trying to be a cocksucker to you, there's just nothing a singlespeed freewheel does that either a fixed cog or a freewheeling cassette doesn't do better

men far better than me have written about this at length

what do you wear to this shit

same as gym clothes?

I had already dished the wheel out to fit a single cog so a single speed freewheel made more sense. I still have another fixie I built up with the intention of selling to a hipster retard at a profit. Just not that into riding fixed anymore.

You don't sound like a cocksucker but we're on the same page here.

on wheelbuilding: well yeah, you weren't gonna convert that wheel to take a cassette, and fuck multigear freewheels

>Just not that into riding fixed anymore.
there's that too, even saint sheldon says if you try it and don't like it then Just Don't Do It

holy shit, a disagreement on Veeky Forums ends with no one anally annihilated.

yeah, unlike the rest of the consumer public, you fit your tools to your problem: being social and doing group rides

i did the same thing, but i'm too autistic for fitness that involves other humans. i run alone, i go for extremely long and fast walks, and if you bicycle alone and it's not fixed then it is a terrible workout. (as the joke goes, i in fact don't even lift)

I'm too autistic for exercises I can't do alone: think Christian Bale in "the big short"

Totally understood my man. You seem limr a cool dude. There's a certain kind of peace you get riding alone that I haven't found elsewhere. I don't run, but I imagine the feeling is similar amongst runners.

As a bonus: Ive gotten into bike camping recently and built one up for the purposes of it with a gear setup you might find interesting. Just finished it yesterday. Pic related.

Cromoly frame with a long wheelbase, 26" wheels with the intention of setting it up to carry a lot of weight. There's a 7 speed cassette on the back with a chsin tensioner I can move in or out. It runs as a single, but if our route that day is flatter I can move the tensioner cog in or out to run a different gear and change the ratio. It was mostly an experiment to see if it would work, but I'm actually loving it so far.

captcha is an omen of peace between all anons

I used to tour, multiple gears are defo useful for that
>carrying shit from point to point is, emphatically, NOT my cup of tea, even though my home board is /trv/

559 rims are awesome. Surly has a decent rant about how slight wheel differences can't make you much faster or slower. (I think they even call their blog section "rants"). as a Veeky Forumsizen, you should see through a lot of the shop bullshit: bicycling is all about the wizard, not the wand

my only whip's actually an experiment, too: eehouse.org/fixin/fixmeup.php
I'll get the parts back on a proper frame sooner or later, but again, I'm just spinning a lot lately: 46/17, 700-28c Schwalbes ... finally blinged on Phil hubs (I'm a shop guy, vanity rarely gets me, but when it does, it gets me hard)

Yep normal workout clothes. I usually just wear a t shirt and basketball shorts.