Are women really physically weaker than men? (Please don't show me that Olympic records comparison, fuckwits)

Are women really physically weaker than men? (Please don't show me that Olympic records comparison, fuckwits)

I'm not talking about your 6'5" 250lbs man and 5'0 90lbs woman. I heard that women lack strength in their upper bodies, but make up for it in their lower bodies. Also heard that women are about 40% weaker than men in their upper and lower bodies, but both statements can't be true.
If a man and woman are of equal size, are they of equal strength?
If it's dl>squats>bench>OHP is there a chart which shows how men's strength is distributed throughout the body?
Is there one for women?
What percentage of weight should men/women be able to lift in comparison to their weight?

I'm asking for concrete numbers. I want to be able to tell if a 90lbs girl is stronger than a 250lbs guy based on their relative weight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NoUhE8TAGKM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=NoUhE8TAGKM

Watch that. It has a good breakdown of the science known regarding differences in exercise physiology between men and women

It's about muscle density. Men have far greater muscle density and therefore higher thresholds for explosive power and endurance.

>relative strength

heh

Women are weaker overall but it's more pronounced in upper body than lower.

Yes. A 5'2" 160 lb man would beat the absolute shit out of a 5'8" 190 lb woman.

Sort of like how a chimp can pull more 1,000 lbs one handed, despite being smaller than a man. Bone structure, muscle density, nervous system strength, etc

Men are stronger than women, period. Hence separating male and female sports, even sports with weight classes

Women's muscles and tendons are different from ours. Maybe 1/10000 women is as strong as the average man. But there are 20000 men who are much stronger than her.

He says that if you had a man and a woman with same muscle mass total, they would be the same strength.

FEMALE TRAINEES
Women who are young, old, fit, or fat will progress at a slower rate than men. Females will
progress at a disproportionately fast rate on squats and deadlifts as compared to bench presses, presses, and cleans. Females will progress with 5 and even 10 lb increments on the squats and deadlifts for several weeks but will almost immediately require microloading for the upper body exercises. Extremely high-calorie diets are not as effective for women as they are for men. The female body simply cannot process the excess calories for productive muscle building purposes as quickly as male trainees, due to the profound hormonal differences in the two sexes. Progress will always be slower, absolute strength improvements will always be lower, and upper-body strength will always lag behind lower-body strength when compared to men of even the same bodyweight. Sorry. We can’t have a multiple orgasm.

m. rippetoe

Not true. Women cannot into physicality. The military has looked into this extensively in its attempts to push diversity

yeah, what's your point?

yes
why are you even asking this holy shit

>im upset a 90lbs girl can pull herself to safety when hanging off a cliff, but I need my 100lbs of assisted weight before my sausage fingers fail my potato body

Kek.

>What percentage of weight should men/women be able to lift in comparison to their weight?
>what are wilks points

Except that ain't true, sweetie

actually i can pull myself up with 100 lbs strapped to me (on your example i guess im the one who would be pulling up the women to saftey)

also where the hell do you go to see a women doa single unassisted pull-up?

i was just making fun of the idea of relative strength in general. women are not stronger then men no matter how you try to reason it

Dude fuck that video. My gf tried showing me that to prove that chicks recover faster because of their higher estrogen levels and that chicks build muscle the same relative to their muscle mass.

sure, you can find studies to prove that.... You can also find studies to support the exact opposite. But anyone who has a girlfriend and works out with them knows the video is bullshit. Chick gains are slow as fuck.

Not to mention that common knowledge and not-so-critical thinking quickly debunks that: when has a female body builder... Or any other body builder.... For that matter shot estrogen in their ass to increase gains? Fucking. Never.

On the other hand, both male and female body builders inject testosterone to increase recovery rates and muscle growth.

the us military is now a joke. we know. knock it off its embarrassing

The only guy in this thread that seems to get it.

this, women are laughably weaker especially in the upper body. some girl in my uni won a a competition with a 62.5kg bench press last week

Maybe I'm over simplifying things idk I'm not an expert but with my experience and what I know I'd say men are pound for pound waaaayyy stronger than women... I'd go as far as saying the ratio is like comparing chimp relative strength to a mans relative strength... Even the most jacked, obviously on gear female lifter I've seen at any of the gyms I've lifted at was no stronger than myself when I was fucking 15-16.

Sure you do, mr.potato. So, according to you, a 150lbs man who can bench 300lbs is weaker than a 300lbs man who can bench 310lbs, because relative strength counts for nothing, right?

Why can't bitches do pushups lol?

I know one powerlifting bitch ay my gym that squats 2 pl8s but can't do a single pushup. SAD!

/thread
You can do all the "scientifical studies" you want, but at the end of the day, women are physically weaker no matter what sort of progressive bullshit you want to spew. Just go out into the real world for 5 minutes and you will see this is true no matter what.

yes thats exactly right

another way to put it. 310lbs is more than 300lbs

weight classes were a mistake but fat ass powerlifters trying to reduce rom are a mistake too

I remember acting like I was gonna sit on my girlfriends lap in high school, and she made a huge show of trying to push me away, but it basically felt like she just had her hands on my back.

She was legitimately pushing as hard as she could against me. I had had no idea how weak women's upper bodies actually were until that moment.

To be fair, she's like maybe 5'0", but still

>powerlifting
>2pl8 squat

Literally what

If she's training at 2pl8 has it ever dawned on you that her max is probably a little higher than that and women's lower body strength isn't as worse compared to men like upper body is.

>He doesn't know about """""female powerlifters"""""

There's one at my gym who squats 145 with knee wraps, belt, wrist wraps, the lowest rack possible, and can't even hit depth. She does that thing shitty squatters do where her hips stop above parallel but her torso keeps moving downward.

yep

>the absolutely strongest women are only somewhat comparable to the absolutely weakest men
What a meme gender

To be fair I see some outliers in there above the male trend line, but yeah for strength gainz you don't want to be a woman. Really makes me wonder where the female powerlifter shit came from, it just doesn't make much sense for 99.99% of wimmenz

came here to post this

Are you a fucking alien or something?

>female (male) outliers

Are you serious?

this is the truth. other bs are feminist propaganda. ignore at all costs.

women are much less efficient at recruiting muscle fibers
The max they can recruit at once is around 85% compared to men at 99%

Also we have smaller lungs and hearts than you.
Our bodies are made to form babby and survive its ejection, while yours is performance and fight.

Both equally cool desu

>I heard that women lack strength in their upper bodies, but make up for it in their lower bodies
They don't "make up" for it anywhere. They're weak as fuck all-around

Don't fall for the lower body strength meme. At the same weight, men are overwhelmingly stronger. The weakest men are about as strong as the strongest women at the same weight.

Ok, but why are men more muscular at the end of the day?

This proves that women are better than men.

More test

>I heard that women lack strength in their upper bodies, but make up for it in their lower bodies.
Women suck at both compared to men, they just suck a bit less in the lower body department.
Women fucking suck at pull ups, the best I've seen a woman do in real life was 5 bodyweight pull ups with light kipping, and that was one of the strongest women in my country that has been lifting for years. I could do that when I was 15 with a few months of training, to put it in perspective.

Watch a few youtube videos and find out kid. Pretty dumbfounded when I saw how light Olympic weights were in the woman tournament compared to what they had men do.

>Are women really physically weaker than men?
Yes.
/thread

Another way to put it is you can carry yourself, a girl and her purse to safety, but you're 'stronker' than a guy who is half your size and can carry himself and 2 girls to safety (sacrificing their purses).

Laughable.

look at 145lb MMA fighters.

would you let the women fight the men?

the only possible suggestion is that Cris Cyborg could do it..but then remember that's the same weight class Connor McGregor won his belt in.

look at the way the women move vs the men, even in professional MMA fights. the women are slower and their movement just seems...off. less fluid, less explosive...awkward, even.

Athletic ability =/= relative strength

are you retarded?

i give you a perfect example of a competition that controls for weight differences.

the men and women train the same way. yet who is stronger and who has more muscle mass?

Who is this?

why not just compare a 90lb girl to a 90lb guy?

a smaller person is always 'relatively' stronger than a bigger person because of the square cube law or some shit.

some fucking beetle is proportionally the strongest creature on earth or some bullshit but that doesn't mean it can fight a house cat.