Any tips for someone starting as a personal trainer? It's my first day and I know at least some of you work as one

Any tips for someone starting as a personal trainer? It's my first day and I know at least some of you work as one.
Or what would a PT have to be able to offer for you to see one? (I realize most of you are capable of using the internet to do my job)
If at all possible I would like to avoid the retarded exercises and momscience PTs are notorious for, but that seems to be part of the job.

Chop your ding dong off. No better way to get a test boost then going dickless for michael chiklis.

I've been working as a PT at a franchise gym for a few months now, and it's a nightmare.

>half the clients never show up on time
>clients change days/time sporadically
>half of them don't give a shit, half ass every exercise
>clients can't do basic exercises without mobility issues or lack of strength
>don't have enough time in 30 minute blocks to fix all their shit so I'm told to put them through a baby circuit that won't do shit for them
>know they're going out for cake after this session so why fucking bother
>criticizes my exercise choices "we did those last week, pick something else!" "These are bad for your back" "I'm older than you are, I should be training you!"

FUCK

That sounds exactly like what I've seen so far. I really don't want to make up 100 meme exercises a week when a program like SS, or a modified SS, would be much more beneficial, albeit more boring, for an otherwise healthy person trying to lose weight
>tfw a client tells me they like variety and "weird exercises"
please die

You'll get lots of what the above guy said.

Basically the only time anyone "needs" a personal trainer is if they're fucking lazy. Anyone can get fit, lose weight, gain weight, whatever, using info easily found online.

So just remember these people are lazy unmotivated fucks who basically want to pay someone else to do it for them. Not your fault when they inevitably don't turn up or don't bother trying to put a shred of effort in. Just take their cash and move onto the next one.

What country are you in btw, and what qualifications did you need to work as a PT?

you will have a lot of chances with women and girls, but you shouldn't fuck them. I mean, you have to be fun, maybe a little teasing, they get off with this shit, but no actual dick play involved.

Make stupidly complex routines so your dumb clients keep giving your worthless ass money.

I'm in the US and have a bachelor's in exercise physiology (wouldn't recommend majoring in it, I plan on going to grad school for something else)

You need to be able to make people feel like they are achieving something, even if they are fucking fat failures.

That is how you keep people coming back to pay for your services. They want to feel good about themselves. This varies a lot person to person, so get to know them a bit, find out what their goals are, and find ways to tie gym progress and PRs directly to the goals they want to achieve. Because most people lose interest when they realise changes in the mirror take longer than they'd hoped, its better to motivate them through objective means, like PRs.

You need people to feel comfortable around you as well, so if you're socially awkward, you're fucked.

Bruh

Where I am, you technically need a cert to get a job as a PT, but that doesn't really happen.
If you're half big/half lean some headhunter from a shithouse gym will swing you a job on a silver platter (mainly because the job is shit and the turnover is high).

So I sort of ended up with this thing where a few guys would pay me $10 each to basically be coached in a group rather than given PT.
I basically just ran SS, collected money and laughed at the idiots that failed to stick to such an easy program.

There was always one or two guys who complained about it being boring - it got to the point where I legitimately dropped one of them because I couldn't stand his fat fucking face again.

So glad that's over and I have a real job though.

More stories!

Fuarkkkk, i wish i could play that easy mode. After reading this thread i think im just going to find a way to teach classes instead, focusing mostly on calisthenics.

It's the way to go.

Kickboxing for women was also one of mine, 20 women all giving me $10 a session to show up and basically be taught by another woman who I trained earlier.
Said woman does it because I then trained her for free.
$200 cash in hand, none of it for Mr tax man, twice a week got me through some tight spots.

>no taxes
>tfw 1099
enjoy it you lucky bastard

Hustler hustler, damn son thats some motivation.

At that time I had no job, and was barely scraping by; any taxes would have killed me.
Got a good job in logistics management nowadays, hoping to make national ops soon.

Eh, I was desperate and dumb people kept throwing money at me.
Just pick your targets well and you can run a scam like a legitimate business.

I targeted women only, leaning more to the post 30 crowd, they wouldn't go as hard/demand as much progress as younger ones or men would.
I tried men for a whole (no homo), but they all got actually into it, and a couple got way better than me, and realised it.

My only knowledge of Kick Boxing was training in it for two years as a teenager, so anyone serious figured out my scam and stopped going pretty quick.
They'd never confront me about it though, or spread any rumours AFAIK, they just stopped showing.

Tl;Dr: The mark is more important than the means.

GG man GG, good to see a fellow user make it.

i'm a PT and four of my clients do crossfit, so i charge 30 bucks more to do a crossfit routine to them. its actually pretty cool to make them do meme exercises but with good form and actually helping them.

Where do you get your crossfit routines from?

i'm a PT for 2 years now, and with older people its easy as fuck to do shit because they want to be healthier, so i make them do some back exercises, work on their cores and mobility and they're happy, i also get lots of clients on instagram, i train and make their nutrition plan for some hot chicks on my town for free, so they will share my amazing work on their bodies and lots of basic bitches come to me to workout, last year and this year i earned a fucking lot of money with hs girls

i make them lol, its pretty simple actually, do some kettlebell exercises (girls love those for some reason) some olympic lifts with barelly no weight so they don't snap shit, pullups, pushups, add some weird core exercises with resist bands, deadlifts, front squats, tire flips, rope swings, farmer walk, you just need a crossfit place to make a partnership with you, you take your clients there charging a little less and you get some money from them

Spoken with numerous trainers over the years.
Get your certs. in order.
I've had senior meat-head free weight trainers(actually pretty good guys, though definitely not up with the young stuff and language).
Had very good quality trainers, whom generally are dedicated and good to excellent trainers, all men. I would NOT get a woman trainer, for now. Though not against.
The better trainers have had some rehab experience, i.e., affliated with or trained in the past in a rehabilitation institution/institute.
Or, good qualified young men, whom are open to learn and TRAIN.
Be open, be patient, be willing to learn something new.
Good luck.