Tfw too little self control to not waste entire days on Veeky Forums and watching stupid YouTube videos

>tfw too little self control to not waste entire days on Veeky Forums and watching stupid YouTube videos

How do I stop this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vH0nP4NzS9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

with practice. Make a deal with yourself that tomorrow you'll go to the gym for an hour. Then actually do that. And keep doing that. Then say one and a half hours. Then actually do it.

Do this for everything else in your life you want to accomplish. It's easier said than done, but you can do it user.

I do go to the gym.

I also work(merely part time).

That's not the issue. The issue is that everything I do is secondary to Veeky Forums and wasting time on videogames or YouTube. I would like to stop it.

Obviously you find pleasure in YouTube and Veeky Forums. Why would you want to stop doing something pleasurable unless you are dissatisfied.

What do you want in life user?

this is the correct answer

I'm really not sure what I want specifically, but I know what I don't want - and that's being a cuck and a loser as I am now.

What are some of the steps you can take to not be a cuck and a loser?

What does a "winner" look like to you user?

Not sure.

I guess he's healthy and looks muscular with low bodyfat. Speaks well, dresses well, has a good job or a successful business. doesn't waste time on useless activities, is very well-rounded in his skills and interests - can both work with his hands, use his head and also do an "art" like woodworking or play an instrument.

Many things, but firstly I think I need to determine my ultimate goal.

Woah there. Let's keep it simple. You can pick one of those traits to work on. No one can be expected to do all of that improvement at once. What is the most important trait?

turn off your internet for a week. go to public spaces to check important shit like email

then slowly ween yourself off saying you won't use the internet until after you do x

A cuck and a loser in the eyes of who? Yourself?

A successful person is someone who has achieved what they set out to achieve in life. My dad is 400lbs and never leaves the house, but he's successful because all he ever wanted from life was a family and a good paying job to look after them. He's achieved both those things.

Ask yourself honestly what YOU want out of life. If you just want to explore video game worlds and talk to anonymous strangers, why shouldn't you? As long as you aren't negatively impacting anyone else (including family, friends, pets, etc) then why shouldn't you enjoy what you decided to enjoy?

determine both an ultimate goal and an ultimate failure. What does your life look like if you fail in absolutely everything you try in? How bad can it get?

Figure out what you are running toward and what you're running from.

>400lbs and never leaves the house
>successful

pick 1

We all die in the end. If someone is happy as a 400lb fat fuck with a job and family then so be it. We prefer to seek health for happiness.

They're all important. If I only focus on one I feel like I'm missing the big picture.

Yes, in the eyes of myself.

I have an image in my head of what a man should look like and I'm nowhere close to it(neither do at least 95% of people though).

>If you just want to explore video game worlds and talk to anonymous strangers, why shouldn't you?

Because I hate it and also think of people who do this as inferior.

If I asked somebody "What are your interests?" And he told me he likes videogames and Veeky Forums I would immediately lose respect for him and disregard any of his thoughts or opinions. - the problem is that I don't live up to this.

If you try to change your personality overnight you will fail. Just like the crash dieters that go all out for a month and then drop out.

What is most important to you? What do you hate the most about yourself?

Never settle. Never lower your expectations.

Work harder. Dream bigger.

The time you are wasting on Vidya, or Veeky Forums, could be spent working towards your goals.

Every morning, as soon as you wake up,write down your goals. Then work towards them. Sleep. Repeat.

>Never settle. Never lower your expectations.
>Work harder. Dream bigger.
>The time you are wasting on Vidya, or Veeky Forums, could be spent working towards your goals.
>Every morning, as soon as you wake up,write down your goals. Then work towards them. Sleep. Repeat.

Please post more.

If you just want general motivation, I pirated the audiobook, "be obsessed or be average" by grant cardone off the piratebay.

The beginning of the book is mostly about goal setting, and being driven. The ending isn't really as useful since its about sales.

There are a bunch of good examples. Anyway don't waste your time on motivational quotes or searching for inspiration too much.

Discipline >>> temporary motivation.

However if its motivation you are looking for, this is my favorite youtube video. I watch it every so often when I start to lose my way.

youtube.com/watch?v=vH0nP4NzS9M
Remember, You have to be DOING stuff, not just listening to successful people. Self help and motivational speeches are only a tool. You have to actually get off your ass and work towards your goals every day.

It is important to have the right attitude and mindset.

I just wish I had supportive and positive people in my life so we could support eachother.

Veeky Forums is so negative and everyone I know in real life(friends and family) are too.

Kys