Can I get really strong doing pure body weight and calisthenics? What are some good programs? Goal is Law Enforcement...

Can I get really strong doing pure body weight and calisthenics? What are some good programs? Goal is Law Enforcement, and I am a new Volunteer firefighter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0G_tsZ52bK8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Answer, peoples lives are on the line if I am not in shape.

Pls help

yes but its a lot more work than just going to a gym and doing a ppl or something

But I would need to do something like GVT to build the hypertrophy and endurance needed while building strength, and I want to limit the days I go to the gym to as few as possible.

Not true.
Yeah you can. I'm not sure about firefighting because you need to carry heavy shit for that I think but for law enforcement you can get really good.
Idk any specific programs but you can get really strong with bodyweight exercises. Pic related is one of my goal moves.

no idea what your current level of fitness is. reddits r/bodyweightfitness has a good beginner/intermediate program which is basically pullups, dips, rows, pushups, squats, and core work.

you can get fit but weights are more efficient. If youre looking for a medium, weighted chins, weighted dips, weighted squats, and deadlifts is the answer

I figured bodyweight would build strength and endurance which is my goal, although maybe finding a good hypertrophy program would be best. Have been doing SS for a while although my goal is not powerlifting.

forgot to add, if youre looking to do planches, levers, handstand stuff, ect, look into gold medal bodies and foundation. Both are more gymnasty programs

I am past the beginner stage thanks to SS, although would like to focus strength and endurance, both are very important to my professions/goal profession.

Why are you doing a powerlifting based routine if your goal is not powerlifting?
Also in terms of hypertrophy, if you want the efficiency of weight, start doing weighted chin ups and dips. Studies have actually shown that closed kinetic chain exercises(like dips and pull ups) are superior to open kinetic chain exercises(like bench and lat pull down)

There s no reason why you shouldn't also be lifting weights.

Don't be afraid of the gym. If you think you'll get in shape doing a workout in your living room than....well you won't whatever fuck you.

Where did he mention his living room? Am I missing something here?

>Law enforcement
You better run at least 40 miles a week, fag.

100 sit up 100 squats etc everyday

What is a good weight program then? I did it because everyone says it is pretty flexible to your goals, very simple too
I know I gotta do more Cardio

Personally I dont follow any program but theres a bodyweight general on this board(i think its dead now) but they have programs there.
You can also just use any lifting program and substitute or add calisthenics.

>Can I get really strong doing pure body weight and calisthenics?

No

Wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=0G_tsZ52bK8
3:30

endurance is just doing it more. gotta be careful to do it with full stability throughout and not do it faster than normal.

strength wear a weighted vest.

Just focus on building up endurance, a lot of running and general cardio, fuckton of reps on everything you're doing, weighted dips and pullups and shit like that, a ton of stretching. I suggest you pick up a sport/martial art that would give you a ton of flexibility and teach you to use your muscles properly, proper leverage can boost your strength quite a bit. That's about all you can do, ultimately you'll eventually hit a bottleneck that is overcome by muscle mass so everything above is laying a foundation for more effective future liftan.