>training
>2k, 5k, 10k, half marathon, marathon and ultras
>trail or asphalt
>diet
>shoes idk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FcBlGb0qgS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is running as bad as they say on the knees?

would running help me have a single "healthy" bowel movement a day?

probably if youre very heavy and sedentary

bout to start running on trails in the mountains

its been raining tho cant get my kicks muddy

How do I stop getting shin splints when I run trail? I've got a nice pair of shoes and didn't have a single problem when I ran on treadmills, is my form just shit?

What is your diet like?

Running and yoga has helped me form lovely big shits that i do first thing on a morning. Don't have to think about it for the rest of the day.

Probably a form problem. How do you land on your feet/ run when coming down hill?

Don't overdo it and try not to run on cement. You can tell if it feels right or not.

Don't push yourself as much as you would on a treadmill. Give it a couple weeks and your footing will improve.

I need to buy new shoes, what brands are recommended? I've been using a pair of nikes but I've heard their running shoes aren't that great.

On the ball of my foot mostly, should I be landing with a flat foot?

Is it muscle or bone pain? If it's muscle, get a foam roller and smooth that shit out before every run. In fact, roll out your whole legs and you'll feel great

How to avoid getting blisters from the heat under my feet? I can only rarely run trail, so mostly asphalt etc. I'm running on Vibrams.

Find a store near you that lets you jog outside or on the treadmill. Try out a bunch of options. Everybody is different and fits best with different brands

do u guys use any smartwatch?
What smartwatch do you use?

Try shifting a little forward onto your mid-foot and try to 'absorb' the impact of landing with your entire leg.

Here's a vid that may be of some help.

youtu.be/FcBlGb0qgS8

Get a real shoe.

Stop being a faggit.

I've started running 2 months ago. It was more kinda interval training. Started from 1min of jogging and 4min of fast paced walking. Did that 8 times in one cardio session. My weight was 104kg and I havent had any issues other than my calves hurting as fuck due to living sedentary life for like last 4 years.
Keep your form in check - midfoot strike, it will engage your muscles more than joints so you will have to go through the initial phase of calves pain.
Keep your shoes in check - you can get good running shoes really cheap. You need some with stabilisation and enough place for your toes.
DONT FUCKING OVERDO IT. Just dont. Start easy and make your way up from there. Listen to your body, dont overtrain.

Just ran my first 10k yesterday with my dad. He run's ultras so I felt bad slowing him down but he showed me a nice route around this area. Think I'm going to run a half marathon next year but desu I reckon I could do one in a few months fairly easily.

I use one from Polar. They're pretty good to track your progression imo.

Running programs for an "Advanced novice"? I've done C25k and can run a 5k without stopping (slow af though). What should my next step be for increasing my endurance and getting faster? My goal for right now is a sub 45 minute 10k eventually.

are minimalist shoes with no padding a meme?

>metal band

Get the casio with the default rubber(?) band but replace the band with a NATO watch strap. You now have an endurable watch and endurable band that together will last for many years and together cost less than £15.

Garmin Forerunner 235. I replaced a Fitbit Charge 2. Got a refub off Amazon for $200. Only had it for 2 weeks now but I am pretty happy with it.

I had tons of problems with the Fitbit GPS and miss calculation of mileage and speed. The Garmin is way more accurate.

depends

if you wanna buy them to be like a tarahumara dirt farmer or you wanna call yourself barefoot gary, then yeah. if you think they are neat, then go for it. from experience, i used to wear clunky asics and mizunos with stupid amounts of padding. since then i got some minimalist shoes and now i run in vapor gloves. i would never ever go back to regular shoes. they are just so clunky

the only downside to minimalist shoes is you start using your calves more and for a while, calves will feel it the next day

I dunno. What's the meme supposed to be? Probably the new hot shit in town?

I've been running minimalist for a year now due to running like a retard from all the padding in regular shoes.

Took me like a month of short runs to get used to it, with my calves screaming murder. It takes perseverance to pull that off, from going half marathon to fucking dying from 2k.

It's not like some holy grail. you hate it or you love it, no middle road.

>That pic
FUCK lad, making me so nostalgic. Why did I ever move away from the mountains?

Trail running is comfiest. Nothing like just jogging for miles outdoors. It's like really fast hiking. Also shoes are a meme, don't overpay for special bullshit. Target running shoes are gonna preform the same as high end Brooks, as long as you don't have extremely fucked up feet.

>end of 4 mile run
>hands get numb and get tunnel vision
This will just go away right?

buy bigger shoes

My shoes are fine and .5 bigger and it starts to slip on the ankles

BIGGER shoes user

One more week and I'll be tapering for my marathon. Has anyone run sf before? I'm worried about the hills.

>Is the only physical thing that humans excel at bad for humans?

What's the temp cutoff for running shirtless?

Cardio routines
>monday 4 mile: 7.5 min pace
>Wednesday 6 mile: 9 min pace
>Friday 3 mile: 6 min pace

No need to get snarky, he's not trying to make a point, seems genuinely interested.

just run shirtless

same situation

how do you pace yourself? I've been working on it, but get winded on longer runs

this. I spend most of the time shirtless and get lots of mires, could just be that everyone is autistic in the city, who knows

Is running a good way to cut weight? Also, how can I minimize back pain while running?

Hands getting numb is is lack of oxygenation in the blood cause ur working so hard. It should get better as u become more fit and vo2 max improves

What underwear can I buy for running if I have a sensitive dick? Preferably not online.

who else has IBS here ? (Irritable bowel syndrome)

I fucking love running and I've been running for years, I have a decent cardio but whenever I try going over the 1h15 mark (low intensity) or 50 mins mark at a higher speed I get terrible stomach pains and an urge to shit

Ive read online that IBS can cause this when running
could it be dehydratation ?

Only if you do it wrong. Run on grass or sand this reduces shock considerably. You should be running on the balls of your feet not heel striking.

I have Nike flyknit racers for race day (shit for long distance training runs) and they are excellent. Fir normal running asics gel nimbus or any Adidas boost are great

Plus 1 for forerunner 235

Couch 2 5k has been lots of fun. Getting ready to go to my first 5k. How do I look really cool? And not autistic

Go to a yoga class once a week to work on flexibility and core strength or create a plank/leg raise routine to strengthen your core.

Make sure you work in some back decompression exercises as well.

10k to half is easy, half to marathon is the big shock to the system

>Be a runner
>Running 1.5 miles in 9:00, 5 miles in 38
>Fuck up ankle
Pic related is me right after
>Today ran 1.5 in 8:45 and ran 5 in 34 yesterday

We're all going to make it brahs

keto

Current weight? Do you need to lose anything. Sub 45 is great normie tier pace (my 10k is 33.36) but very achievable. Don't just train distance and same pace. Have 1 session a week tempo or speed (on track if you can) and one session hill sprints with a few normal distance runs in there. Aim for 4 to 5 sessions a week, clocking 30 to 40miles a week

200 pounds is way too fat to start running, right? I should just use a stationary bike until I am at a non-overweight BMI?

> (OP)
>are minimalist shoes with no padding a meme?
Depends on form and how heavy a runner you are. Light with perfect form and you will not believe how much more fun it is, if not you're in for a world of calf injuries

Unless you don't like the concept of having working healthy knees don't run if you're fat

Did 4.5 miles first untrained run
Feel like a sack of dicks now

6'7 230 ish. Down from 300 last year. Still have a ways to go but my goal is to be able to take my shirt off for the first time in my life next summer.

>Run on treadmill easy 30 min at 9 or 10 pace
>Run outside gass after 8 min

bruh wtf

My feet have no balls tho

Treadmills are easier than running outside. Put it at a level 3 incline if you want to simulate the difficulty of running outside

>level 3 incline
is this legit?

starting routinely running a month ago, my last 3.3 mile run time was 24:07, avg speed 8.21 mph.

How good is this, what is respectable, and how long will it take me to get there? Because I have no idea honestly.

>is this legit

I mean yeah kinda.

When you are running outside you have have propel yourself forward. When running on a treadmill you stay still and the treadmill propels your feet backwards. By giving an incline you now have to propel yourself upward. Seems logical to me.

>3 pairs of running shoes
>each different types
>run on soft grass
>stretch legs daily
>shin splints constantly
>when will this hell end

for me treadmills are harder than road. but that might be because treadmills are just so fucking boring to me

>200 pounds is way too fat to start running, right?
You could be 6'5" or 5'5"

I enjoy treadmills more since I can focus on a podcast or audiobook without worry

Averaging 6.5K per run, was going to try and get 8 in tonight but it's supposed to rain all evening

Bump

Garmin 15

Drink more water. When I run, especially on workouts I lose feeling in my forearms bc im dehydrated

>tfw only run and barely lift
>rarely ever any running thread on Veeky Forums
I just want to talk about running bros

Is a 17.9mph top speed sprint good for someone who spends like a 10:1 ratio lifting to running? I spent ~3 weeks doing nothing but cardio and running 5ks to practice for a 5k race, and at the last 50yards or so I sprinted in and reached that speed.

More details on tempo, speed, and hill workouts?

Run with friends, if you're competitive you won't bitch out hahaha

Thats very good

Not him but simple tempo intervals like 3x4min or something similar. To start total tempo time should be like 10-15 mins. Then if you want to progress raise the total time to like 20 min (so like 4x5 or 2x10). Try to mix up interval lengths. Usuall half time recovery is good for those. As for hills it depends a lot on the size and gradient of hill. Just find a big hill and mix in some tempo intervals up the whole thing, and some sprints (10-15 seconds)

>move to florida cause military
>join a running club that ends at a local brewery
>everyone thats part of the running group gets a free beer at the end of the 5k
>have to move back to california
>miss my running group

what's the hardest week of c25k? I'm just about to finish week 4 and it has been difficult. Week 5 is going to be the worst, huh?

it depends on how long you're intending to run. if youre new to longer distances, id recommend just going slow, pretty much as slow as you possibly can in order to still even call it running. when i start long runs, i like to run at 3-5mph to start, and gradually get faster and faster. i'll generally go to about 8-9mph about 30 minutes and usually be going about 10-11mph at my last mile.

Is Couch to 5k a good place to start ?

Depends. Uphill is better than downhill on the knees. Run on dirt or rubber over cement. Don't overdo it if you're just starting out. Try to run with your muscles instead of your bones, so like minimize impact.

>don't run on concrete

i'm fucked

What would be the best form and posture for speed, I have one month to train a 10 minute mile and a half can I do it? My miles at 17:39 right now.

when i run too often my balls kinda hurt but it usually goes away with some stretching? what could be that cause of this?

Well I currently fucking suck at running. I only have one lung after a bout with cancer a few years ago.

Anyway, I've decided that I want to train for a marathon. I might not win, and it may take me a year to do it, but I'm gonna try.

Any advice for noob marathon runners?

So you're training for a 1.5 mile run. Your 1 mile time is over 17 minutes? Or your 1.5 mile is that long?

Holy fuck your slow, anyways don't carry or drink water when you run. Run somewhere with landmarks so you subconsciously push yourself, and put in some fucking effort. Also how much do you weigh?

Better than me. I rolled mine fucking mowing the lawn kek.

I keep getting headaches after I run. I can't imagine that's it's due to dehydration seeing as I drank nearly two gallons of water total today. I eat a meal when I finish to try and replace electrolytes, especially sodium. What could it be?

Not breathing enough, when your done stand up straight or lie down and rest for a couple minutes.

Its my mile

Im still a fat ass after eighty pounds lost, im at 198 and im trying to lose 28 more then ill be hunky dory. I use to be able to do better but then I got hospitalized and it killed my gains.

I'll give it a shot, thanks.

You are doing great, for every kg lost you shave around 2 secs per km off your just by increasing your vo2 max (oxygen not struggling to feed your mass as much) and being lighter. Keep going you're gonna smash it

Sub 25min 5k is great for the small amount of time you've been running

>15k 3 times a week
>half marathon later today, or rather tonight
>Preferably trail, but today asphalt
>Chicken tits and greens
>Asics something fancy, they where sponsored so idk comfy as fuck but also ugly as a turtle dick

Wish me luck

buy good shoes and you're good. You're just looking for excuses to stay fat. Anyway, fast walk is almost just as good and has no risks. It's the distance that counts.