How did Islam get so big? My teacher told me they used missionaries

How did Islam get so big? My teacher told me they used missionaries.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Muslim_conquests
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizya
persee.fr/doc/arch_0044-8613_1985_num_29_1_2226
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Allah's will

Thats activly wrong
They conquered a shit ton of land which was controlled by weak shits and made being a muslim way better than any dumb african pagan or christian because pf less taxes and better social stance

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Muslim_conquests

the two powers in the area, Sassanian and Byzantines wore each other out badly allowing the Arabs to just step in.

Arabs conquered the places on the map they just didn't try to convert the Jewish and Christians (since they worship god anyway). Not to mention some of the people tired of their current rulers just opened the gates for them (they were usually the lesser of two evils).

The Muslim invaders did not force conversion, but they did incentivize it:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizya

didn't christian kingdoms have similar taxes for non-christians?

>My teacher told me they used missionaries
Definitely not in that area, but in South-East Asia and East Africa merchants and missionaries were very effective at spreading Islam. A lot of people converted just because it was a lot easier to conduct trade if you were a Muslim.

Taxes on non Cristians are not explicitly said in the bible so Cristian kings would usually just kill the heretics to stop a problem from arising

I don't know, why don't you look it up and paste a link, like I did for you.

m8 it's something i saw in a fucking movie i didn't know if it was real or not, which is why i asked the question
why the fuck would i ask the question if knew the answer ya moron

the persians and romans fought each other to exhaustion, and the arabs were lucky enough to stumble out of the peninsula at that moment. Conversion was “optional” if you were an Abrahamic religion, but Zoroastrians and Pagans were brutally converted/exterminated. If you were christian or jewish, you became a second class citizen basically. No legal rights, more taxes, discriminatory government policies, etc.

>My teacher told me they used missionaries.

That's fucking wrong though. Islam spread through capturing land militarily. It wasn't that much of a brutal conflict, because as others have said they didn't counter really serious resistance along the way, but it was definitely spread by Armies, not Missionaries.

>missionaries
if with missionaries she means armies and executioners who hold a sword against your throath and force you to accept Allah or die... then YES!

How did Christianity get so big? Same formula.

It is the religion of peace so I assume it spread through non violent means.

That's not true for all cases of adopting islam, some places like indonesia, somalia adopted islam for trade reasons

>less taxes
Hahahahahahahahahaha

>don't have to pay jizya if you're muslim

Indonesia is often mentioned as a place where Islam spread peacefully, and that's largely true. But even there you had sultans wars to Islamize neighbouring states
>persee.fr/doc/arch_0044-8613_1985_num_29_1_2226
>The next stap of Sultan Abdullah was to invite other South-Sulawesi to convert to Islam. On theri refusal, he decided to resort to weapons and launched several successive campaings known in Buginese as musu’ selling «the islamic wars». In 1608, Sawitto, Bacukiki, Suppa’ and Mandar on the west coast, Akkoténgeng and Sakkoli’ on the east coast were submitted and islamized. In 1609, came the turn of Sidénréng and Soppéng; in 1610, that of Wajo’; in 1611, with the final submission of Boné, all of South-Sulawesi except for the Toraja mountains had accepted Islam.

but do you have to pay zakat?

Persia and Byzantine warring to ruin themself and Wisogoth getting raped by Franks , Byzantin , pest and then civil war the one time they cross into a real power they get rekt ( France )