Sumo

Although fat as fuck sumo wrestlers have the most muscle of any type of athlete, what are they doing to get so strong and how can that be used in weight lifting?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11138566
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asashōryū_Akinori#Fighting_style

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2Gp_mhW6yLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thats where you're wrong kiddo.
Sumo is normally forbidden because so much fat is really dangerous for your health although I think sumo's just non-stop bulk all life and that's cheating.

it's easy to be that strong when you are on a permanent dirty bulk..

They're basically the same build as football linemen

Says the manlet who will never be that strong

But they aren't just obese, they have very little visceral fat its all subcutaneous. They have shorter lifespans (life expectancy of 65) but they dont get diabeetus or heart disease like normal fatties do.

SS+GOCHAD

>Starting shiko and gallon of Chankonabe a day

>mfw I could be dirty bulking on Chinese food all day every day
I fucking love Chinese food you guys

Have fun with that sodium though

youtu.be/2Gp_mhW6yLk

'mirin

they are japs you retard you can't eat your dog just yet

A few clue that allow sumo to pack on so much mass :

1. They only do two huge meals a day, allowing for more insulin production which pushes the nutriments into the muscle / creates more fat storage.

2. They train on an empty stomach from 5AM to 10AM, building a huge appetite allowing them to crush their first meal.

3. By training so much the body adapts and most of the fat is there stored around the muscles / under the skin and not around the organs. Subcutaneous fat makes your muscle stronger, visceral fat reduces your strength.

Then what do they die from?

too much gains

sumo wrestling is more of a joke than american WWE wrestling
it's all fixed. no one wins based on skill, ever.

>these guys dedicate their life to being a sumo wrestling, dying early, working their asses off, stuffing their faces full of shit, taking abuse from coaches and teammates in the early years, all that so when they finally get in a real time match their coach pulls them aside and says the other guy, Takyamosa, is going to win this fight because it will make the most money for the bookies and also because he lost his last 4 matches and is due for a win and they just have to take it or else risk getting banned forever from sumo wrestling, the thing that just dedicated 15 years of their life to

prove it

Fixing has usually been found to be a problem in the order of saving another wrestler from demotion (kadoban); and usually solely with Japanese wrestlers in the lower maegeshira ranks.

I doubt if the rigging was as ubiquitous as idiots skimming freakonomics would suggest, the xenophobic nips would not let the Mongolians reign supreme for the last decade.

I was watching some shit about sumos and they xrayd them or some shit and it turns out they have almost no visceral fat. It's almost all subcutaneous, which actually isn't bad. It's padding and insulation.
Sumos have super-athlete amounts of muscle.

>what are they doing to get strong?
They live in stables together and eat healthy gainsy food.
They wrestle other 350lbs + men.
That gets you pretty strong.

Why don't the Japanese ever won any strength sports then? Why hasn't a sumo dominated top weight Oly, pl, or strongman?

Seppuku

>sumo
>chinese

nah nigga you get rice, curry, sushi, maybe noodles

OP said they carried the most muscle, not that they were the strongest.

They repeatedly eat a specific form of soup with meat and vegetables and side bowls of rice. It's called chankonabe if you're interested in googling it.

stroke

>Implying I give a fuck what part of China they're from