/fat/ - Enough Is Enough Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Discord
discord.gg/VkBqy5p
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bicycling.com/training/calorie-counter,
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are you eating /fat/ ?

nothing

I ate Chicken Kitchen Teriyaki Bowl for lunch and I feel overstuffed but don't know why it wasn't that many calories.. Maybe there was too much sauce. The bowl without the teriyaki is just gross.

>ideal weight range: 50lbs
what the actual fuck

METREX protein shake of the Banana and Strawberry variety.

>only lost 20 pounds
>feel like if i touch a treadmill again i'm going to go on a spree

anyone here not run at all?
people will happily tell you how great running is (doctors included) but theres limited hours in your life that you can spend torturing yourself

not tried running since I was 120lbs heavier
might try it now that I won't be clomping on the pavement like a hippo

just had a glass of water for brunch

Exercise is great, although I'd argue running is hard on your body, but really weight loss is mostly a diet thing. I mean get some exercise for general health, but, you have to spend a lot of gym time to burn off not much food. It's just not that efficient for fat burning.

Tummies are made in the kitchen. :o)

running outside is definitely less soul grinding but you get worse shin splits and blisters

Reposting just in case you missed it in the last thread

>Apple

Mochii

Breaded chicken, potatoes Delphine (or whatever it's called) and cabbage, broccoli
Not too bad, potatoes where the biggest Cal. I think.

Laddies. I just cooked some turkey burgers and when I cut into them I realized that they were just barely warm inside. I got too lazy to put them back on the heat so I ate them. Pretty sure they were practically raw.

Am I gonna die? It's been 30 minutes and I already feel weird movements in my belly.

Can I take a nap to get over this or is there a chance I might shit my bed?

H A L P

You would know by now if it was going to be real bad. Next time let them sit a bit longer or put them in like a 325 degree oven for a few minutes to finish off while you drink a bud light.

3 chicken drumsticks, 5 broccoli florets and half a baguette of garlic bread.

I'm addicted to garlic bread it just tastes so fucking good.

Oh oops reading comprehension. I doubt you will shit your bed, but you will have the poops later.

Sorry you have super burd flu
Please report to your local landfill so it saves someone having to drive your body there.

How many calories could doing 20km on a bike ~17km/h realistically burn for somebody weighing 86kg?

Various apps give ridiculous numbers around 1000kcal, and my autism requires an actual number so that I can repent for my slight sins somewhat accurately.

You chose the worst possible kind of meat to eat raw. Although I doubt you'd shit your bed even if you get food poisoning (unless that has happened to you before, in which case what the fuck dude)

>. I just cooked some turkey burgers and when I cut into them I realized that they were just barely warm inside.

Then you didn't cook them

> Pretty sure they were practically raw.

Why would you eat raw fucking processed turkey how stupid are you. Eating dirt would be safer.

You might be sick and maybe that will teach you not to be so stupid ever again.

Hello Apple
HellsChef here

179.7 lbs

For what it's worth, I bought ground turkey breast and made patties myself.

Does that make it better or worse?

Also for the record, I never shat my bed, I was just scared of the runs happening while I was asleep.

>center crease forming on my abdominal wall
VERY good feel lads!

finishing a brotein shake. there's some steak in the fridge but i'm not that hungry.

It doesn't really make a difference. Poultry is covered in bacteria, and grinding it up places all of that inside the meat, so you gotta cook that shit thoroughly.

i can see it under the right light. i'm maybe 10lbs from actually seeing them.

>ground turkey breast

ground poultry is one of the worst things you could possibly eat raw. Never do it. And it can't have possibly tasted good. Why the fuck did you eat that?

Hey /fat/, I currently have a lot of free time so I've decided to go riding my bike. What's the maximum you could ride in a day that would still burn calories without any adverse effects?

mate, its a bike

literally the most gentle cardio you can do if you aren't going up a hill

All day fattie now hop to it.

I love seeing fat people on bikes.

I run with my dog, either real easy jog or we race for the tennis ball. Dogo is best

(Not him.)

Not swimming?
Figured that'd be less intensive overall

guyz I ate nothing but a cheesesteak and a multi-vitamin once a day for a year and lost 13lbs! Calories in, calories out!

Must've been an American cheesesteak.

swimming laps for cardio is actually harder than people think given most pools aren't that big you need to do quite a few laps before you can really call it cardio

Yep! It fit my macros and was under my TDEE so I figured why not! I have zero nutritional training or education and have never read any literature on the subject, but I just KNOW that it's as simple as CICO and IIFYM.
Anyways - eat whatever you want guys - clean eating is bullshit.

>and was under my TDEE
Maybe you lost like 10 calories a day if you only lost 13lbs a year.
>but I just KNOW that it's as simple as CICO and IIFYM.
It absolutely is.

Yep. It really is that simple.

Kale
Cherry tomatos
Pork
Lettuce
Cottage cheese
Balsamic vinegrette
Maybe some vegetables
Parmesan cheese

Swimming's intense as fuck if you're really going at it and a full-body resistance workout, you just don't have the sharp sudden knee-destroying impacts that running and the like does.

I had a huge plate of butter chicken and a small piece of garlic naan.

that's a slow pace so like 400-500 according to mfp but you are fatter so maybe a lil more. Def not 1000. I did 33km in 90 mins and mfp says i only burned 700ish cals.
when ever someone talks about their center crease i think of that fph whale that thought she had abs and was a muscular madonna. but gj m8

Exactly! I cannot wait to eat nothing more than some frosted flakes for breakfast, bagels with maple syrup for lunch and pasta with marinara sauce with a Diet Coke for dinner. CICO! hehee.

thanks for agreeing with me brehs. if I may ask - which youtube videos do you guys watch for your nutritional information? which blogs do you guys follow?

> I got too lazy to put them back on the heat so I ate them. Pretty sure they were practically raw.

You fat fuck. Like a few mins and you couldn't be bothered to make a decent meal? Just had to eat right then? Do you eat cake mix out the box too? Get it together man

>Am I gonna die? It's been 30 minutes and I already feel weird movements in my belly.

No but you in for a bad time

how have you kicked your sugar addiction, Veeky Forums?

>41903894
That was for
>41903508

Refusing to eat it. Have some discipline.

today is day 2 of nosoda. went from full calorie to diet, and now nothing. the protein powder i use has 1g of sugar per scoop tho

>Fast all day yesterday
>Finally at the hour I end my fast for the day and eat a turkey sandwich and a banana
>Ridiculously satisfying, but I'm so fucking stuffed I feel like I'm going to throw up
>Few hours later, time to do my night run
>Do it, along with a couple sets of pushups
>Exhausted, feel like I should reward myself somehow
>Eat another turkey sandwich, legitimately nearly puke

All this fasting seems to have made my stomach the size of a damn fist. My eyes have never been so much bigger than my stomach in my life.

>eating when not hungry
>using food as a reward

are you even trying? stop posting here

It had been hours since I last ate. It was more habitual than anything.
Besides, it's not like I broke into a pack of cookies as a reward. Damn.

I went from 230 to 208 in like ~40 days. this is me now.

what do you guys think i should work on from here on out? how am i doing? make fun of me?

>tfw loose clothes

>what do you guys think i should work on from here on out?

everything

I think you're a good position to lose those lumps. Cardio and stretching is what I'd be working on. Your

Got a burrito at Chipotle because I'm tired of not shitting. Got brown rice, black beans, barbacoa, mild and hot salsa on it with just a little cheese and sour cream. Still like 800 calories though, but hopefully I'll be pushing a mess very soon.

why that? why not a bike?

pasta with marinara would be perfect and healthy meal, just make sure you dont use much if all cooking oil when making the sauce

perfect menu for gaining weight, i assume you are badly underweight

you already have loose skin. slow the fuck down

What the hell stomach pains stirred me awake. I hope I don't have internal bleeding. I eat a high fiber diet 6 days a week. Maybe I'm just dehydrated? I feel really thirsty.

>crunching sound in right knee when going up stairs

is it too late for me?

Bacon and eggs for dindin

I weigh 250 pounds. According to this
bicycling.com/training/calorie-counter, riding 12-14mph for an hour, I could burn 900 calories.

Can anyone confirm? This has to be bullshit.

i havent noticed any. where do you see it?

Think of all the weight you'll lose from food poisoning

Honestly, get a meat thermometer. It's cheap

It could be true but always think they're overestimating. Assume you'd need to do 2 hours. Anything between and 1 and 2 hours, say it's 600 calories. That's the only way to make it!

at the size of your gut, it should be rather taut, but there is song sag in your lower belly. if you slow down and are careful, you won't end up with any big problems

Ehh, not so much. I still have a bit of chocolate or something else sweet every 2-3 days.

I'm 100% off of regular sugary drinks though, and really only drink Cherry Coke Zero and Monster Zero sips. Plus my 8 liters of water per day.

>Anyways - eat whatever you want guys - clean eating is bullshit.
Fuck off retard

My skinny jeans now make me look like MC Hammer

>I went from 230 to 208 in like ~40 days.
How'd you do it senpai? I'm a lot heavier and would love to lose that quickly.

It's bullchit. See
running burns like 600 cals per hour, cycling at a medium pace would not burn 900.

If it takes your skin 6 months to tighten and 6 months to lose fat you end up with no loose skin.

If it takes your skin 6 moths to tighten and only 2 months to lose fat, then wouldn't you have to deal with loose skin for only 4 months?

If i'm wrong then somebody explain the fucking mechanic to me, because i can't come up with a reason why your skin wouldn't thighten up in the same timeframe regardless of how much fat there is under it.

i've lost weight at slower paces before this and i've never had one of those tight guts. would lifting remedy this at all?

This guy gets it

I thought he was being sarcastic. If this thread is really that retarded then I'm glad I barely use it.

YWN have a gf like this

uh in the span of a two week period i lost the love of my life, graduated college, and had a 24th birthday where no one even gave a shit. my work is off for the summer and i figured i had to do something. started keto and have been eating at 1500kcal for that time span. i've had like cheat days and shit too and some days where i've skipped some meals but i really haven't done anything too drastic here. i used to do 30 min elliptical and an hour on a treadmill at high incline but i traded the elliptical for lifting and an hour of treadmill with incline.

>d..do these carbs make my butt look big, onii-chan?

Nobody knows how loose skin works. Generally it is seen more commonly in people who have lost a large amount of weight quickly but that could very well be circumstantial. Regardless, lose weight at a comfortable pace for you and deal with loose skin if it comes. It does tighten up to an extent...but it can take a while and most people can't handle that shit. If thats you, def lift as you lose.

you must change your diet in order to lose weight.

exercise might boost only slighly. people who are severely obese should just skip the exercise and focus on their diet changes in order to bring the weight down first and then laster maybe start exercising. too much body weight and forcing exercise is not always too healthy, especially for your joints, nor too enjoyable for the person.

welp, not gonna try that diet plan I think. good work though. I've dropped 10 lbs in like 18 days but I'm over 300 - feels like it should be faster.

Maybe. I remember we've had idiots that think you can eat donuts and shit as long as you're hitting your calorie goals and the one /fat/tie that posted his breakfast the other day and it had brown sugar and pork bacon in it. I don't hang out here often too and I see these threads get a lot of stigma from the rest of the board so something is wrong.

Pffft
I'm eating under 1k calories a day, I don't know what you're on about.

Not him, but I'm 5'11 and dropped from 240 to 195 in about 2 and a half months and I also still have a gut and man tits but not loose skin. Everyone burns their fat differently so it'll go eventually.

well good luck, we'll see your success rate in 6 months. anybody can jojo count calories for a month or few. without dietary changes they eventually fail due to hunger drive taking over.

I'm sorry, I don't follow.

Where is spreadsheet bro

He ded. You stuck with me now.

>obese should just skip the exercise and focus on their diet changes in order to bring the weight down first and then laster maybe start exercising
>maybe start exercising
No, you HAVE to start exercising once you're not an obese blob anymore. You fucking need muscle, especially to tighten loose skin up. Why does this "exercise isn't that important" tripe get shilled around this general so goddamn much?

hey /fat/

literally never lifted in my life, and i'm about to go to the gym for squats/bench/pullups

i've only really ever done body weight exercises before, so what weight should i start at for bench/squat? i can do about 40 pushups or 10 pullups in a set

for reference, i'm 5'9", 165 lbs

Why is losing weight so much harder after 28?

Dumbasses would start eating back their calories as a reward for their hard work of exercising.

This just shows that you can lose weight with diet alone. Exercise is meant to be something to be added on

I would not go to the gym for the first time ever without a spotter to make sure you don't don't injure yourself and that your form is correct. If you don't have anyone don't exceed 95 lbs ( bar and a 25 )

Who cares what people think as long as you don't injure yourself

Empty bar on squats, get that form down before you attempt to fuck up one of your joints.

I guarantee you if you do 5x5 with empty bar you will leave with jelly legs and won't be able to stairs.

Okay, thanks a bunch. What about squat starting weight? Same as bench, or more? I remember using one of those awful leg press machines back in college, and it had to have been a total meme because I could max it out for like 30 reps.

Alright, I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Anything else to know? I've practiced my form really quickly for squats with a pvc pipe, and watched a bunch of YouTube videos, but that's about the extent of my prep