Had a bike crash. Shattered my right right wrist. Doctor says I can be happy they didnt have to amputate it...

Had a bike crash. Shattered my right right wrist. Doctor says I can be happy they didnt have to amputate it. It will probably never fully recover, so rip to lifting, it was a fine run with you guys. Now I have to learn to do everything with my left arm.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17043329
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5465979/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How did you crash? I ride a motorcycle and am getting increasingly paranoid that one of the retarded bus drivers here will injure me

It was heavily raining and I slipped in a corner and landed with my body on my right hand, I probably wasnt even going more than 40 km/h, but the way I landed on it was really unfortunate

did you know you can train your fucked up arm by training your good arm? a percentage of the gains go to the opposing member of your body. it's called contralateral training. the gains train never ends.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17043329

do one arm bench press, row, ohp, etc. these lifts are GOAT anyway

Yeah I'm always 199% careful on wet roads and try to never accelerate round corners, especially when wet. I'm more worried about my chain snapping or something

But it will never feel like it did before, if I only do one side

Fuck him. If you want it bad enough you will figure something out just keep looking. Someone else has had to gone through that as well.

Keep pushing brother

>tempts fate
>fate hits him
>expects sympathy

If you would have listened to your mother, this never would have happened to you.

When I called her she asked me, if now is the time to stop riding bikes, so yeah lol

On the other hand, you may be able to train your bad wrist back to strength this way and you may be able to tide the rapid loss of strength associated with not training an injured member. It's a hell of a lot better than not training at all and it gives you the potential to recover. If you do nothing you have almost no potential to recover. Contralateral unilateral training is pure win.

And this, kids, this is why you NEVER do cardio.

LMAO xDXD :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Its a 10 month recovery, after that I will probably go to some physiotherapy

but you said it will probably never fully recover?

here's another article on the subject

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5465979/

but it looks like you're just here to complain so meh I'm out

I was in a wicked car crash. Almost lost my left leg. Broke right ankle and fractured my neck. After it was over and things stabilized I got focused and determined and I went from 250 or so to 175. I got depressed but stayed counting calories but Gained back to 200. Got my depression cured and now I'm back in the gym, doing some modified lifts to try to gain some muscle and lose weight, currency 6'3 185lb about 18%bf.

tldr: a car wreck wrecked my shit but eventually I got back on my feet and lifting

Pic related

This is true, but the blood vessel development won't be symmetrical.

t. Fencer

At least your chopper didn't get wrecked too, right?

it's not that big of a difference. i carried heavy shit on my right side for 15 years and i definitely gained some good strength on my left from it

fucking hell, how did you survived that fuckup is beyond me

2 hours to cut me out, medevac landed on the high way to take me to a good trama hospital. Also wear your seatbelt

Aesthetically, one side will have a lot more veins than the other

Don't tell me what to do

I broke my wrist in a bike accident a few years ago. I couldn't move it without extreme pain for six months, and it's still probably only at 85%.

I was really discouraged just like you at first. But you don't need fully functional wrists to do squats or train your core. Focus on what you CAN do, try different grips and forms, work out however you can.

Don't let this end your lifting. You can and will move on.

not in my experience and if your good side gets injured it makes switching to your bad side much easier

Use wrist wraps and cables. You apply 0 pressure to your wrists. Im pretty sure your forearms are fine.

Wrist injuries actually heal well, i couldnt use both my hands for about 9 months and now im back in business and injury free for about 3 years.

get a robot arm retard, you have no excuse

can you tell me more about the you got your depression cured part? you talk about it as if it was no big deal to you. i hope that one day i'll be able to say the same about myself

how the hell did that happen?